The Student Room Group

Edexcel PE GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _chloeematt
I needed 60 for an overall A* because of the UMS marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right that you needed 60/80 UMS but you need to understand that this doesn't mean you needed 60 marks in the exam as the grade boundaries determine how many UMS you get, not your marks alone.

Whatever mark out of 80 they set as the grade A boundary gives you 64/80 UMS (as it's always 80%) and whatever mark they set as the grade B boundary gives you 56/80 UMS (as it's always 70%). The mark you need is halfway between these two grade boundaries. So if they set the B grade boundary at 40/80 and the A grade boundary at 50/80 you'd need 45 marks in the exam to get 60/80 UMS (in reality the boundaries are likely to be higher than that judging by previous years' but you get the gist).
(edited 7 years ago)
i got 50/50 on practical what would i need for a B?
Original post by Ollie Moseley
i got 50/50 on practical what would i need for a B?

Same here - My teacher told me I needed 60. for an overall A* but that's a solid one - you may get a high A and still get an overall A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Wondering how everyone got on with their actual marks for theory. I was really disappointed with mine ( it was my worst GCSE exam mark overall) although because I had 49/50 for practical I just scrapped an A overall. I ran out of time on the last question but even so hadn't expected such a low exam mark.

Quick Reply

Latest