The Student Room Group

I didn't write a conclusion today in my English Literature Exam.

Scroll to see replies

No, conclusions definitely don't matter, I only add a sentence so the examiner knows what I was talking about in the essay:colondollar:
Original post by emmerneedshelp
did you do wjec english lit today?

yuuup
Original post by bethanyjx
yuuup

how'd you find it? i did omam questions a and c and poetry, the poems weren't great :frown:
Original post by Hassnain Aslam
So today I did my English Literature GCSE which was both Mice and Men and inspector calls. Im entitled to extra time so for inspector calls I took it and was finishing off my last quote analysis , before the invigilator took it. The same story was for the mice and men. I did use structure, quotes, and themes through out my essays. However I am very worried I didn't add any conclusions to them.

im a* candidate and never write conclusions.. didn't have enough time tbh
In the Crucible today i only wrote about one of the characters Abigail and totally forgot to write about two , is this going to make me loose half the marks
Original post by emmerneedshelp
how'd you find it? i did omam questions a and c and poetry, the poems weren't great :frown:

Considering I never read the book, and had no revision it was difficult :smile::smile::smile::smile: I also did question A and C..spent wayyyyyy to much time on question A to maximise my marks because silly me didn't revise any of the historical, social or cultural background -.- yay.

Thought the poems were okay until I annotated them COMPLETELY WRONG - our teacher literally spent ONE lesson on poetry.

This makes me sound fairly dumb, I understand..but I have a target grade of an A and got A's in the mocks but i did find the paper quite challenging (unlike everybody else it seems ugh)

What about you?
Original post by bethanyjx
Considering I never read the book, and had no revision it was difficult :smile::smile::smile::smile: I also did question A and C..spent wayyyyyy to much time on question A to maximise my marks because silly me didn't revise any of the historical, social or cultural background -.- yay.

Thought the poems were okay until I annotated them COMPLETELY WRONG - our teacher literally spent ONE lesson on poetry.

This makes me sound fairly dumb, I understand..but I have a target grade of an A and got A's in the mocks but i did find the paper quite challenging (unlike everybody else it seems ugh)

What about you?

That sucks!!! i think i went over about 10 minutes on the extract question too oops haha, our english teacher left at easter and we've had an awful replacement so we didn't do much revision but i am quite confident with the omam bit. ^-^

But poetry uggh my goodness, the poems were naff considering all the practice poems we had done were about love or nature etc so good luck to me on that eeek.

hope you get a good grade though, you're bound to pass as you got A's in your mocks!!
I had my Yr 11 mocks a few weeks ago and didn't know if a conclusion was needed or not.....there goes my grade :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending