The Student Room Group

AQA Electronics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just a question on protective diodes, do they prevent current flowing the wrong way which could cause components from breaking? Will I need to know anything other than that?
WP_20160523_18_13_32_Pro.jpg
Original post by Himtiaz
Thanks
Original post by Andy-22
Just a question on protective diodes, do they prevent current flowing the wrong way which could cause components from breaking? Will I need to know anything other than that?

you might need to know about clamping diode back EMF, this diode is used to stop the backflow of electricity and also prevents electromagnetic flow
Reply 23
Original post by emilyaves2000
you might need to know about clamping diode back EMF, this diode is used to stop the backflow of electricity and also prevents electromagnetic flow

Oh yeah, I remember that now!
one thing that I am struggling with is the calculations and what units things need to be in. I think that some need to be in mega ohms and some in micro farads, is this correct?
Reply 25
one thing that I am struggling with is the calculations and what units things need to be in. I think that some need to be in mega ohms and some in micro farads, is this correct?

Mega ohms would be used for resistance, while capacitors uses micro farads
Original post by Andy-22
Mega ohms would be used for resistance, while capacitors uses micro farads

thanks
thanks

Do you have any key things that you'd lable on the diagram, e.g. materials or joining techniques etc.
Original post by Himtiaz
Do you have any key things that you'd lable on the diagram, e.g. materials or joining techniques etc.

i would label that the joints are dovetail interlock and that on the edges there are rubber edge stops. I would also mention that it is made out of acrylic that has been laser cut
Reply 29
hey is anyone remembering the pins of chips etc or is that unnecessary?
Original post by Walz
hey is anyone remembering the pins of chips etc or is that unnecessary?

you will probably need to know where pin 1,2,3... etc. is but you can tell that by looking at the notch.
Reply 31
you will probably need to know where pin 1,2,3... etc. is but you can tell that by looking at the notch.

what about a 555 timer?
Original post by Walz
what about a 555 timer?

Yeah the notch goes on the left and then the pin one is underneath the notch and pin two is to the right of it and so on it goes around clockwise
Reply 33
???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending