The Student Room Group

Does anyone do AQA Religious Studies B Unit 3?

It's the day before the exam and I still haven't found anyone apart from at my school who does this exam!
So, my questions are:
Which units do you do?
What is your best religious teaching for each unit?
Which topics do you think will come up for each unit?
(edited 7 years ago)
So, me first
I do units 2,3,4,5 which is elderly, crime, drugs and poverty (not necessarily in that order)
drugs- Muslim - "do not contribute to your own destruction"
crime- Muslim - Shari'ah says follow the laws of your state and also Muslims must not hurt others
poverty- Buddhist - The middle way- rich Buddhists shoukd help poor Buddhists reach the point where they have all they need bu no more
also, - Muslim- all wealth is a gift from Allah and should be used wisely and in his name
elderly - Christianity - Honour your father and mother, Love your neighbour as you love yourself

elderly - hospices or something
crime-no clue!
poverty- the national lottery
drugs - maybe alcohol
Well I think those predictions were pretty accurate :smile: Just wish I'd had more faith in them and put extra revision effort into those topics now
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
How did everyone find it?
Original post by lattu27
How did everyone find it?

I'm actually not sure. Some of it was a bit odd and for some reason I structured my 6 markers weirdly and I'm now panicking that I'll have dropped marks for that. I found question 5 (Qs 21-25) more difficult than the others though because the religious teachings I'd learnt didn't seem to fit in (in fact they didn't seem to fit in much at all this paper :frown: I had loads which I just couldn't use which was a bit of a shame).
How did you find it?
Reply 5
I found it much easier than my mock (2015) paper. I did question 1,2,3 and 5. I thought the 6 marker of Matters of life (question 1) was a bit strange but apart from that I found it pretty good.
Original post by lattu27
I found it much easier than my mock (2015) paper. I did question 1,2,3 and 5. I thought the 6 marker of Matters of life (question 1) was a bit strange but apart from that I found it pretty good.

Our mock was the 2014 paper and I think I found it a bit harder than that paper :frown: I did questions 2,3,4,5 and I found the 6 marker for question 4 quite different from any others we'd done and I think I contradicted myself a bit but oh well and as I said I found all of question 5 difficult which was a bit of a downer at the end of the paper, particularly as I was running out of time.
Yeah I did this paper too! I found it really easy, but RS is very easy in general. Although this is a lot harder than Unit 4 which is mostly opinions and god's existence.

Quick Reply

Latest