The Student Room Group

AS Biology OCR breadth predictions?

Any predictions for the questions for Thursday's exam?

Scroll to see replies

If only the examiners could hint out what's going to be in there... 🙈
Hows revision going for this paper for you? :frown:
I reckon itll be about enzymes, and alot of the new spec
Reply 4
Original post by Medicineisgood
I reckon itll be about enzymes, and alot of the new spec

They've added in Plant diseases to the new spec anything else?

Black Sigatoka a fungus affecting Banana Plants.. Ayy this useless info's coning back lol.
Original post by Nettled
They've added in Plant diseases to the new spec anything else?

Black Sigatoka a fungus affecting Banana Plants.. Ayy this useless info's coning back lol.

I barely remeber plant disease ahah and I have a list

Plant defence and disease
cytoskeleton details
differentiation (TMP)
Laser scanning confocal microscopy
Haloenzyme
Auto immunity
Reply 6
I barely remeber plant disease ahah and I have a list

Plant defence and disease
cytoskeleton details
differentiation (TMP)
Laser scanning confocal microscopy
Haloenzyme
Auto immunity

Ohhh I thought all we had to know was that cytoskeleton helped aid movement in the cell. Like during mitosis.

Whoaaaah there.. Haloenzyme?? Never heard of that. Is this OCR A? Damn, what's TMP? Is that the staining stuff?
Original post by Nettled
Ohhh I thought all we had to know was that cytoskeleton helped aid movement in the cell. Like during mitosis.

Whoaaaah there.. Haloenzyme?? Never heard of that. Is this OCR A? Damn, what's TMP? Is that the staining stuff?

yeah ahah its OCR A and haloenzyme is just when a coenzyme has binded to an enzyme and TMP stands for totipotent, multipotent and pluripotent, so was just a memory recall didn't mean to confuse you. And youll have to know at least 3-4 things that the cytoskeleton does and the 3 parts it is made out of :smile:
Reply 8
yeah ahah its OCR A and haloenzyme is just when a coenzyme has binded to an enzyme and TMP stands for totipotent, multipotent and pluripotent, so was just a memory recall didn't mean to confuse you. And youll have to know at least 3-4 things that the cytoskeleton does and the 3 parts it is made out of :smile:

Oh ok I was thinking of haloalkenes and radical substitution from chem. Glad it's not even tho radical substitution is bae lol.

Oh that's a good way to remember it actually.

Ah so the microfilaments, microtubules and err intermediate fibres.
Who heres done the spec paper? And looked at the mark scheme? How does any of this make sense or answer the question? I'm so angry about breadth q 24 b iii Use the information above to evaluate the effect that the Rio Convention on Biodiversity hashad on the gorillas in Virunga.

Yet the mark scheme is completely different? I'm crying I've worked so hardfor this! Someone PLEASE help me and look at the mark scheme! Please!
Reply 10
Original post by ImagineCats
Who heres done the spec paper? And looked at the mark scheme? How does any of this make sense or answer the question? I'm so angry about breadth q 24 b iii Use the information above to evaluate the effect that the Rio Convention on Biodiversity hashad on the gorillas in Virunga.

Yet the mark scheme is completely different? I'm crying I've worked so hardfor this! Someone PLEASE help me and look at the mark scheme! Please!

This is what the mark scheme says:
three from
no evidence of causal effect ü
the data may be inaccurate as a result of, indirect methods
used / unhabituated animals hard to find ü annual growth rate higher after 1993 ü 3.2% (per year) before 1993 against 3.8% after 1993 ü figures may not be accurate due to collection technique ü
Reply 11
Original post by ImagineCats

I got 65% on the exam, marked by myself and I was wondering what grade this would be? Mark scheme is on here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171694-unit-h020-01-breadth-in-biology-sample-assessment-materials.pdf
I need to start revising now!!
Reply 13
OCR AS BIOLOGY A (2015) - These puns are getting cornea and cornea...
http://link.q.is/Pnwc/QvKOBHPGFt

This is a quiz for Biology and it is getting constantly updated so it's really great for quick fire revision and good for practice of Multiple choice questions. Although its based from the OCR Spec, it's still useful for revision because biology is simply biology... So enjoy revising!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still havent gone through the entire spec im still on module 4 im so ****ed for tommorow :/
Guys quick question do we get formulas for calculations tommorow?
Reply 16
They should give you the ones for standard deviation, students t-test and simpsons index but i doubt they will give the basic ones such as I = A x M
Reply 17
How are you feeling about it? Im really unsure on what to think about it, I've revised as much as I can but im nervous :s-smilie:
Original post by Normy18
How are you feeling about it? Im really unsure on what to think about it, I've revised as much as I can but im nervous :s-smilie:

The papers gna be hard since its OCR and i havent even completed the whole spec yet, ima try stay up as long as i can to finish the spec, but ye its gna hard af i can just tell watch...
What does the N stand for in a students t test?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending