The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zainab14
Would i lose marks for not referring to the conversation on the 12 mark question??

I think you'd lose application marks. :frown:
Do you know for the question saying identify at least one way in which cognitive approach treats depression? I only wrote about Homework would I get all 4 marks talking about 1 point because it said AT LEAST one way
Original post by Poetnation
Do you know for the question saying identify at least one way in which cognitive approach treats depression? I only wrote about Homework would I get all 4 marks talking about 1 point because it said AT LEAST one way

The problem with AQA... and i hope im not being bias.... they ARE TO VAGUE WITH THE DAM Q'S...... honestly they say learning theories for the 6 marker and i didn't think it was talking about social learning theory...i thought that was a complete different sub area. i only talk about cc and op.... honestly i hope im not alone in this.....

If you thoroughly explained it, I guess so.
It's difficult getting the full marks with just one point though. :s-smilie:
Question four (genotypes & phenotypes explaining the data) was the only one I got caught up on
Think I answered it well but it stumped me for a full five minutes and meant I finished way later than i usually do 😖 this exam kinda threw me, but it was still easy imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minantan
The problem with AQA... and i hope im not being bias.... they ARE TO VAGUE WITH THE DAM Q'S...... honestly they say learning theories for the 6 marker and i didn't think it was talking about social learning theory...i thought that was a complete different sub area. i only talk about cc and op.... honestly i hope im not alone in this.....

I don't think they are too vague and Learning theories = CC, OPC and SLT
haw many marks was the paper out off? xx

depends on how well you've explained your point
Original post by questions1234567
haw many marks was the paper out off? xx

72 :P
Original post by hehexd
72 :P

ThanKyou!! Just realized you could completely miss the 12 marker and still get above an A :smile:
Do you think cognitive neuroscience is a feature of the cognitive approach?
I said Sarah learned through operant conditioning - punishment by the lift, because it decreases the likelihood of her behaviour of using lifts? ahhh crap will i still get marks
Original post by elliexoxox1
Do you think cognitive neuroscience is a feature of the cognitive approach?

probably
Original post by the.chantele
Ugh, l hate that paper, l did however say he imitates the brothers action and all that but l used those words

Well I wrote about operant conditioning so I don't know why u feel down lmao
Original post by sophieee0933
I said Sarah learned through operant conditioning - punishment by the lift, because it decreases the likelihood of her behaviour of using lifts? ahhh crap will i still get marks

im not sure... mark scheme says says that you can mention operate cond, but i beilieve all you had to do was mention cc, as it never mentions of her trying to avoid the lift, only that she can't use it anymore
Original post by saynarda
Well I wrote about operant conditioning so I don't know why u feel down lmao

Me to...... honestly im super annoyed....... i trhought it was oc cause he saw his brother revive postive reniforcement, thus he would want to get the sweets so he will also start to clean his room..... honestly pissed
Thats why i mentioned that the Q were to vague, you can infer soooo much in this Q... honestly i deserve the mark...
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE=queenskye;65078941]Those were some really mean questions, especially that 12 marker jesus christ, there's only so much I can write about genetics and the neural explanation for OCD, I found some of the questions quite hard but hopefully I've still got an A

For the OCD 12 marker if you you didn't refer to the conversation would you still be able to get good marks? And how many?
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
Limitation?

Yeah, aren't schemas a limitation here because they can cause inaccurate recall of events for eye witness testimonies?
oh gosh, i don't even know anymore :frown:
Original post by L1234567
For the OCD 12 marker if you you didn't refer to the conversation would you still be able to get good marks? And how many?

Referring to the stimulus is crucial, however with a good description and evaluation of everything else you should only be looking at dropping around 2-4 marks so don't worry too much about it. With the predicted grade boundaries you're able to drop around 15 marks and still get an A, even if you were to get 0 on the essay questions you could still scrape and A :smile:
You'll be fine!
Do you guys think that grade boundaries will actually be as low as 50 for an A? & does anyone remember what the predicted grade boundaries were for paper 1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending