The Student Room Group

Racist Teacher?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eriasu
While I was relaxing in a quiet zone ( at the top of a stairs) in college, a teacher out of nowhere told me that I shouldn't be here and when I asked "why" he said I wasn't allowed to be here.

Even though I did nothing wrong and I was quietly listening to music and students who often come to the spot to relax were louder than me and there was nothing indicting that I shouldn't be there.

I asked him "do we have a problem?" and he said "yes, you should be here" and when I asked him "why" again he said "Don't question me" and than went on to say "if anything gets stolen-" and stopped there and when I asked what was he trying to imply, he ignored me and walked away and shut the door.

So there's no problem then? he said you should be there right?

Spoiler

Original post by Eriasu
I'll try but if this happens again than I'm going straight to the teacher and report it, I'm report this one as well.

yeah if u dodnt do noen wrong
Reply 22
Original post by Redflag99
Still not racist. Teachers always say those sought of things.

I hope what you say is right.
Original post by Eriasu
I hope what you say is right.

It is right. Teachers at your school might be too lenient
Reply 24
Original post by thefatone
So there's no problem then? he said you should be there right?

Spoiler

The last two probably. It was my first time meeting him so I doubt it's grudge.
Original post by Eriasu
Mayhem, I put the question mark for that reason. I know it could be interpret for a lot of things, but what's funny was that the only thing there was around me were two fire extinguisher.

oh okay, this is more information which leans in your favour - I'd wait for the teacher to say something one more time and then confront or report them
Original post by Eriasu
I did.

Ok, excellent. And?
Original post by Eriasu
The last two probably. It was my first time meeting him so I doubt it's grudge.

Right well just let things run normally as they are and hopefully it doesn't happen again :angelwings:
Original post by Eriasu
I'll try but if this happens again than I'm going straight to the teacher and report it, I'm report this one as well.

Original post by 0to100
I mean who would say to someone "don't steal anything"...I dunno.

What? No way :colonhash:

For both of you, don't cry to us, report then. Boggles my mind to see people act so wounded with racism. Just stand up for yourself if you have a problem, don't cry in a corner.

Original post by Eriasu
I did.

Liar! Done!
Reply 29
It is right. Teachers at your school might be too lenient

What is surprising is that this college is a vast in diversity and it's "Know for it's diversity"
Original post by Eriasu
What is surprising is that this college is a vast in diversity and it's "Know for it's diversity"

What college is that? NewVic
Reply 31
Original post by 0to100
I mean who would say to someone "don't steal anything"...I dunno.

What? No way :colonhash:

For both of you, don't cry to us, report then. Boggles my mind to see people act so wounded with racism. Just stand up for yourself if you have a problem, don't cry in a corner.

That's what the "I did." was for.
Reply 32
What college is that? NewVic

Bromley college.
Original post by 0to100

If it's an outlet for people who feel discriminated against then I don't understand why you need to be so harsh. I find it quite insensitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
May not necessarily be racist we're told that we can't sit on the stairs as it's "dangerous" and "could block the escape if there was a fire" etc. By items being stolen they could mean that they were concerned your phone might be stolen, not necessarily that they were accusing you of stealing something.
He probably got angry that you were contradicting his point of view and is one of those teachers who feels the need to exercise their authority just because they can (sometimes for no reason)
If it was a one time thing and it hasn't happened to other people maybe he was just having a bad day if it happens again maybe you should tell a friend and see what they think before you tell a member of staff as accusing a member of staff without sufficient evidence could get you in trouble.
Hope it works out okay :smile: xx
Original post by Eriasu
Bromley college.

Ok. I thought Bromley wasn't diverse
Original post by Eriasu
That's what the "I did." was for.

Omfg just stop

Original post by AsmaaMahamud97
If it's an outlet for people who feel discriminated against then I don't understand why you need to be so harsh. I find it quite insensitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Outlet? If anything I'm telling the kid to stand up for himself and not cry here. I think that's the best thing anyone can be told what you on about mate?
Original post by 0to100
Omfg just stop

Outlet? If anything I'm telling the kid to stand up for himself and not cry here. I think that's the best thing anyone can be told what you on about mate?

Seeing as we're on friendly terms here, mate, I just mean chill about these things. This is a sensitive topic and being horrible about it isn't going to be useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Do you have any non-white friends at your college? Maybe ask them if they've encountered any similar problems with this teacher.
Original post by AsmaaMahamud97
Seeing as we're on friendly terms here, mate, I just mean chill about these things. This is a sensitive topic and being horrible about it isn't going to be useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whatever I wasn't. I essentially told him to report.

Quick Reply

Latest