The Student Room Group

What's one thing you've got 'going for you'?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ByronicHero
I was lying to make you feel good - my IQ is actually 203 so I'm off the charts :moon:

Use this to convert your actual IQ into the highest possible number that is still true for bragging purposes. Might I suggest the lovely Cattell score (favoured by Eurpoean Mensa) as it uses a SD of 24 :tongue:

lol I dunno what my actual IQ is though. Not a fan of that, I'm just at the right level of confidence to think it probably is fairly high, but to not be certain enough to warrant testing.. If it was pretty high, I'd feel good for a bit, if it was pretty average, it'd irk me forever...
Original post by Kiniun
I do hip hop:cool:

Wow mufasa does hip hop huh?

thats pretty fresh, what style, pop and lock, bboying, gliding, tutting or just general stuff?

Im trying to incorporate parkour moves into my set like top bboy

needless to say Ive got more bruises than combos so far......:tongue:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
lol I dunno what my actual IQ is though. Not a fan of that, I'm just at the right level of confidence to think it probably is fairly high, but to not be certain enough to warrant testing.. If it was pretty high, I'd feel good for a bit, if it was pretty average, it'd irk me forever...

I was joking - I had hoped it was clear :lol: I do know what mine is, or at least what it was, but am firmly in the camp that considers IQ mildly predictive but broadly unimportant. As a maths chap you are certainly more likely than I am to have a high IQ :yes: Try to prove Vaught's conjecture tonight; if you manage it then we can be quite confident in your abilities :tongue:

I don't know how I'd feel if I had an average IQ. I say that I don't think it matters very much at all, and I believe it, but I think it would still bother me slightly to not be at least 1SD above average :facepalm: Dat cognitive dissonance.
Original post by Kiniun
You know how there are those really good looking people who somehow seem to have opportunities always flow their way even though everything else about them is pretty average.

Or those people who aren't social or have exceptional physical features but their intelligence makes up for this.

Or those people who have a 10/10 personality where it doesn't matter if they're average looking or of average intelligence because they're so likeable.

What's your redeeming quality that makes up for your imperfections?

Spoiler

My Machevillian scheming and appetite for political intrigue.
Reply 64
Original post by ByronicHero
I was joking - I had hoped it was clear :lol: I do know what mine is, or at least what it was, but am firmly in the camp that considers IQ mildly predictive but broadly unimportant. As a maths chap you are certainly more likely than I am to have a high IQ :yes: Try to prove Vaught's conjecture tonight; if you manage it then we can be quite confident in your abilities :tongue:

I don't know how I'd feel if I had an average IQ. I say that I don't think it matters very much at all, and I believe it, but I think it would still bother me slightly to not be at least 1SD above average :facepalm: Dat cognitive dissonance.

lol sorry. Exam period coming up, have to be literal minded with maths revision all the time.. yeah I agree in that I don't technically think it matters, but it would still be important to me. Well it's like grades, I don't judge other people on the grades they got at school or think they are indicative of anything, but I'd still feel bad if mine weren't good. Probably a by-product of the fairly necessary self-obsession that comes with being alive
Reply 65
Original post by ForestShadow
Wow mufasa does hip hop huh?

thats pretty fresh, what style, pop and lock, bboying, gliding, tutting or just general stuff?

Im trying to incorporate parkour moves into my set like top bboy

needless to say Ive got more bruises than combos so far......:tongue:

It's hard to keep up the whole mufasa persona on here, I fall into the trap of conveying 'humanness' every now and again :moon:

I've been working on my popping atm but i'm not as good as others yet and i'm overall pretty general in dancing, I used to do gymnastics then did contemporary and tried other dance styles by learning hip hop choreography from YouTube etc

Do you know any parkour tricks.. they look kinda dangerous lol
I..I...I don't know.

I guess my grades are good but everything else in my life is moreso in a "i'm getting around to fixing this" kinda stage
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
lol sorry. Exam period coming up, have to be literal minded with maths revision all the time.. yeah I agree in that I don't technically think it matters, but it would still be important to me. Well it's like grades, I don't judge other people on the grades they got at school or think they are indicative of anything, but I'd still feel bad if mine weren't good. Probably a by-product of the fairly necessary self-obsession that comes with being alive

I have cared very little about my own grades since primary school - it has rather been my undoing :lol:
Reply 68
I'm good at art, drawing, singing and such. I think that's about it. I honestly think some people only stay on good terms with me because they hope one day they can get me to draw free stuff for them.
Oh man nothing.
Of the top of my head and cuz of what happened today, I can easily cheer ppl up and ease a heated situation, which I think is cool if I do say so myself. :u:
Original post by Kiniun
It's hard to keep up the whole mufasa persona on here, I fall into the trap of conveying 'humanness' every now and again :moon:

I've been working on my popping atm but i'm not as good as others yet and i'm overall pretty general in dancing, I used to do gymnastics then did contemporary and tried other dance styles by learning hip hop choreography from YouTube etc

Do you know any parkour tricks.. they look kinda dangerous lol

movefaster get it?

anyway Kiniun is a really nice name btw, kinda fresh and modern your fam did good...oh turns out it means lion:biggrin:, anyway.....

popping is cool, I just got tutting kinda down so I might move onto that next but breakin is my main thing. Gymnastics tho, impressive

parkour wise, I havent had my first year done yet so Im not doing too hard stuff yet, obviously got my vaults and my roll and working on my webster and handsprings and flips-my upper body lack a little and I could use some gymnastic flexibility :wink:

I'm a pretty mean waacker :h:

Other than that, probably acting, performing, and being a hoe 24/7 :wink:
Reply 73
Original post by ForestShadow

x

Kiniun isn't my real name:getmecoat:, it's just a nickname given to me from my mum in our language because my hair is a bit wild like a lion lol
You seem so dedicated to dance, I barely find any time to practise so I'm just doing moves round the house with an imaginary audience whilst breaking lamps

Gif game on point btw :gah:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not pretty or smart but I have a nice personality
Reply 75
im not smart, good looking, nor do i have a good personality

i'd like to think im physically strong

PROUD OF THAT :biggrin:
my ugliness doesn't intimidate ppl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by Kiniun
You know how there are those really good looking people who somehow seem to have opportunities always flow their way even though everything else about them is pretty average.

Or those people who aren't social or have exceptional physical features but their intelligence makes up for this.

Or those people who have a 10/10 personality where it doesn't matter if they're average looking or of average intelligence because they're so likeable.

What's your redeeming quality that makes up for your imperfections?

Spoiler

You didn't mention yours. What is it?
I'd say my memory, particularly a knack for remembering dates/birthdays, work ethic, reliability and not taking myself too seriously.

Ask my friends and they'd probably say my laugh and being one of the nicest, most selfless person they know (their words!) :h:

Sorry have just noticed the title of ONE thing...lets go with memory!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Mona-S
You didn't mention yours. What is it?

I guess I'd say, my confidence.
What about yours?

Quick Reply

Latest