The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Back in GCSEs there was some question in one of the biology papers for AQA triple science about evolution and to explain something about evolution and humans? Something along those lines

I legit wrote "humans evolved from monkeys"

Spoiler

Reply 41
I still do this and my A2 exam is in like 3 weeks ._.
11+ exam. Thought I'd finished the sectipn but AS THEY COLLECTED IT - I realised there was a page and a half left
Still got in to five ways w 240/300 lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z33
I still do this and my A2 exam is in like 3 weeks ._.

You will be fine, just remember

Linear: 180 degrees
Bent: 104.5 degrees
Trigonal planar: 120 degrees
Pyramidal: 107 degrees
Tetrahedral: 109.5 degrees
Trigonal bipyramidal: 120 degrees and 90 degrees
Octahedral: 90 degrees all

Spoiler

in gcse english lit aqa for a 30 mark question (the exam is out of 60) it was about an inspector calls, the question was describe the relationship between gerald and sheila, I wrote about the relationship between eric and sheila
Reply 45
Went into the AS philosophy mock realising I was pretty screwed, answered an essay question about three different types of yoga as dog, warrior and tree :congrats:
Reply 46
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Spoiler

Original post by EmilyPlatypus
In my GCSE physics exam I didn't realise there were questions on the back page of the paper and my heart broke as the invigilator lifted it off the desk and I saw the unanswered questions :redface:
Needless to say I had to resit that exam and I haven't made that mistake since:laugh:

so many people did that for the GCSE C1 exam this year :lol:
It is slightly cruel of AQA to put 8 marks worth of questions on the back page though :redface:
Original post by sarahrose123
in gcse english lit aqa for a 30 mark question (the exam is out of 60) it was about an inspector calls, the question was describe the relationship between gerald and sheila, I wrote about the relationship between eric and sheila

:rofl:

Spoiler

Reply 49
In a spanish mock last year we had to do like a 200 word essay, and somehow I just completely forgot everything and ended up writing around 15 words I think, alongside a note saying that I had forgotten everything (ended up with an A in the real exam though)
Original post by surina16
:rofl:

Spoiler

fml
Original post by z33
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Spoiler

Yeah but 180-2.5 isn't 104.5 so using that rule would get you mistakes in the exam
-Struggling to spell stomach on a bio test
-leaving the back side of the paper out
- putting upper and lower bound in the wrong places for maths
-looking at the extra time finish time thinking I have ages left and not finishing the paper as I was daydreaming
Original post by Walz
In an English lit exam, I wrote how a woman was a prostitute and used the quote "men come from miles around to buy from her" and "men came back day by day, night by night" turned out she was selling burgers, I had completely misunderstood the poem. My teacher reported me! :s-smilie:

Wjec english lit? Pretty sure your answer was correct
Reply 54
Original post by 11ahf
Less than 1 mark! I got 269 UMS.I got it remarked initially as original mark was only 242 and I didn't think I was that bad at computing, but after the remark, I got the script back (which shows the original marking and the remark) and the first examiner had just not credited me for the last 3 pages? Unsure what happened but my school got mad and I got the remark refunded and stuff. The second marker was a harsh marker anyway (obviously, as they didn't credit me for perfect working and an obvious mistake of missing out a digit in the answer box). I was pretty upset that I was so close.Most irritating thing is, that my friend got hers remarked, too, as she originally got 268, and hers went down 5 UMS. It just sucks because had I got her examiner in the first place, I would have got an A*. I am still very bitter about all of this and hate the exams system as a result.:tongue:
What exam board where you on, just wondering cos I did A2 Computing on OCR so a bit confused about the 269UMS, is 270UMS an A*?
in my mocks i didnt realise that there were questions on the back :/ say no more
Reply 56
... wut
H2O is 109.5 - 5 = 104.5 cos it's got 4 areas of electron density including 2 lone pairs...
Original post by z33
... wut
H2O is 109.5 - 5 = 104.5 cos it's got 4 areas of electron density including 2 lone pairs...

Oh right I must have misread your post, because I see the 'bent' shape to be a corruption of the linear shape more than the tetrahedral shape personally. Although if your method works better I guess just rock it in the exam :smile: Do you know all your organic synthesis pathways?
Reply 58
Original post by student2607
That's so weird thought I was the only one, maybe not so rare after all! :O

Are you sure? I remember that the question was: describe a test that can be used to test for carbon dioxide. That means you can talk about any test. I really hope that that is the case. :frown:
Reply 59
Original post by 99joey
What exam board where you on, just wondering cos I did A2 Computing on OCR so a bit confused about the 269UMS, is 270UMS an A*?

GCSE OCR computing, 270UMS out of a total 300UMS for the A*.

Latest