The Student Room Group

AQA AS History Tudors 1485-1547 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
What's everyone doing for their second exam on Wednesday- I'm doing 2Q the American dream
Original post by Grace27
What's everyone doing for their second exam on Wednesday- I'm doing 2Q the American dream

2R the Cold War 1945- whenever our spec ends this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by JessThomas6
2R the Cold War 1945- whenever our spec ends this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are you finding it? And how many specimen papers are available to you?
Original post by Grace27

I'm doing this topic as well - I have no idea what could come up! I'm hoping for Truman's election victory or a civil rights comparison question!
Reply 84
Original post by Book-Girl
I'm doing this topic as well - I have no idea what could come up! I'm hoping for Truman's election victory or a civil rights comparison question!

I have no idea either, I'm hoping for some early dates on the sources maybe Potsdam and Yalta (going off what the other sources times have been on) and then I'm hoping for a foreign policy question on Ike or JFK or civil rights, this topic is much nicer than my first which was Tudor so I wonder what the paper will be like. How many specimen papers has your teacher given you ?
Original post by Grace27
How are you finding it? And how many specimen papers are available to you?

Awful. Our teachers have changed during the year, both with dramatically different reaching styles. I went from getting 23/24 out of 25 on essay to getting 14/15 out of 25. I just about know the exam technique but the content is not staying in my brain.
We've only got the ones on the AQA website and then the questions from the textbook

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Awful. Our teachers have changed during the year, both with dramatically different reaching styles. I went from getting 23/24 out of 25 on essay to getting 14/15 out of 25. I just about know the exam technique but the content is not staying in my brain.
We've only got the ones on the AQA website and then the questions from the textbook

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah no that's horrible! I think history at my school is the only subject where all the teachers haven't changed- I had the same problem with my philosophy and it turned out to be taught all wrong so I know exactly how you feel. I'm not sure whether this would help you, but this really helped me and a few of my friends to remember dates last minute because we knew what went on and could explain what happened at significant points but needed dates to solidify our knowledge. So we made a list of dates to do with treaties or acts of Parliament and then basically just tested each other for a few hours and I remembered it all. It's what saved me for my other exam just because I was taught so boringly it would not stick. Yeah us too, just thought I'd ask as I know some of my other new spec courses have an extra set of papers on the teacher area but we can't seem to find them. I hope it goes well for you, the subject I'm doing (American Dream) has a lot of Cold War stuff in it, so I would love to see what the actual Cold War topic is on, I bet it's really interesting
Original post by Grace27
Ah no that's horrible! I think history at my school is the only subject where all the teachers haven't changed- I had the same problem with my philosophy and it turned out to be taught all wrong so I know exactly how you feel. I'm not sure whether this would help you, but this really helped me and a few of my friends to remember dates last minute because we knew what went on and could explain what happened at significant points but needed dates to solidify our knowledge. So we made a list of dates to do with treaties or acts of Parliament and then basically just tested each other for a few hours and I remembered it all. It's what saved me for my other exam just because I was taught so boringly it would not stick. Yeah us too, just thought I'd ask as I know some of my other new spec courses have an extra set of papers on the teacher area but we can't seem to find them. I hope it goes well for you, the subject I'm doing (American Dream) has a lot of Cold War stuff in it, so I would love to see what the actual Cold War topic is on, I bet it's really interesting

Our exam is basically on everything from Yalta/Potsdam up to the end of the Cuban Missile Crisis
Our teacher for Tudors is great, but Cold war has just been really bad :frown: I can still scrape a B/C but it's just so annoying that we're not getting the best we could get, considering how good our school supposedly is.
Reply 88
Our exam is basically on everything from Yalta/Potsdam up to the end of the Cuban Missile Crisis
Our teacher for Tudors is great, but Cold war has just been really bad :frown: I can still scrape a B/C but it's just so annoying that we're not getting the best we could get, considering how good our school supposedly is.

Ah I cover all that stuff too, we go to the end of Kennedys presidency rather than stopping and the Cuban missile crisis, but that sounds like a pretty nice course. Yeah that is frustrating!! I expect it from my school as we are on the worst report from ofstead and it's been a stream of teachers leaving since I was in year 11 so obviously that messed up my education, my GCSE English teachers amounted to about 7/8 I think!
Original post by Grace27
Ah I cover all that stuff too, we go to the end of Kennedys presidency rather than stopping and the Cuban missile crisis, but that sounds like a pretty nice course. Yeah that is frustrating!! I expect it from my school as we are on the worst report from ofstead and it's been a stream of teachers leaving since I was in year 11 so obviously that messed up my education, my GCSE English teachers amounted to about 7/8 I think!

I have an understanding thanks to reading books and things outside of the course, but I definitely feel like I only know enough for a breadth study, not depth :s
Reply 90

How did you find it?? That affluence question was so horrible I almost died I have never seen the word affluence!!!😔
Original post by Grace27
How did you find it?? That affluence question was so horrible I almost died I have never seen the word affluence!!!😔

I know! I spent ages trying to figure out the meaning of the word and I just couldn't figure out what each source was arguing! I really messed up my timings! :/
But I found the second part alright - I did the question on Truman's foreign policy. What about you?
Reply 92
I know! I spent ages trying to figure out the meaning of the word and I just couldn't figure out what each source was arguing! I really messed up my timings! :/
But I found the second part alright - I did the question on Truman's foreign policy. What about you?

Yeah I did trumans fp, I was so annoyed that the source question was on that it was worse than all the specimen papers! What did you include for the 2nd question
Hey guys, anyone out there willing to share their History notes. would be greatly appreciated by the new AS students, including me. :smile:
Hi guys sorry to ask on such an old thread, but what was the extract question on if anyone remembers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending