The Student Room Group

Journey's End Literature Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Perfection Ace
Maaaaan, I think I secured a B at max! I didn't write anything about form and structure for the Lady and Fox - I mentioned stuff about her transforming into a fox at the end of the poem! :s-smilie:

For Hibbert, I had the right ideas - him and stanhopes beef up & his behaviour at the dinner party or w/e. BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO INCLUDE THE QUOTE ABOUT WORMS!!!!! I'm so mad man!!! Oh well I guess!

How about you? I bet you found it super easy :wink: :P

I did the time question because I didn't think of enough points on Hibbert and have lived my life in regret since :eek: but I analysed the language in detail and did a lot on structure so hopefully it makes up for the crap content :biggrin:

The poem was okay although I think I misinterpreted it.. well at least I managed to finish aha
Original post by catkoala
I did the time question because I didn't think of enough points on Hibbert and have lived my life in regret since :eek: but I analysed the language in detail and did a lot on structure so hopefully it makes up for the crap content :biggrin:

The poem was okay although I think I misinterpreted it.. well at least I managed to finish aha

Wow, literally no one in my year picked the other question! xD I doubt it was crap content - probably A* quality! :smile:
I kinda needed more time for the Hibbert question but I ended up writing about only 2 points :/

What grade do you think you'll get?
Reply 42
Ive seen so many interpretations of that poem - some said it was a coat she was describing, others say the fox was a metaphor for a man? I just said it was about a literal fox..

And I did time! What points did other people write? Most people did Hibbert..
Reply 43
Are you doing WJEC Geography tomorrow? I'm doing it too!
Original post by Gcseggw
Are you doing WJEC Geography tomorrow? I'm doing it too!

I'm actually doing AQA Geography tomorrow! How are you feeling right now? I'm kinda scared of what type of questions will come up and past papers on geography are sooooo boring Q.Q
I talked about the narrator looking after the fox like a mother looks after her child. Is it right? The narrator used words like 'teaching' and 'cooking'. Also, she was quite controlling towards the fox. (could be showing dominance. Beastiality?)
Original post by Gcseggw
Ive seen so many interpretations of that poem - some said it was a coat she was describing, others say the fox was a metaphor for a man? I just said it was about a literal fox..

And I did time! What points did other people write? Most people did Hibbert..

I said about Trotter's circles, Osborne's watch and the quotes like 'You'll feel you've been 'ere a year in about an hour's time' and how the structure conforms to express how time felt for the men. What did you write?
Wow, literally no one in my year picked the other question! xD I doubt it was crap content - probably A* quality! :smile:
I kinda needed more time for the Hibbert question but I ended up writing about only 2 points :/

What grade do you think you'll get?

In our school it was literally me and two of my friends that did it xD Thank you very much but you're definitely being too kind. I'm sure they were really detailed points so it doesn't matter- I only did three paragraphs.

Grade- no idea I'll just pray until results day :biggrin: what about you?
(edited 7 years ago)
In our school it was literally me and two of my friends that did it xD Thank you very much but you're definitely being too kind. I'm sure they were really detailed points so it doesn't matter- I only did three paragraphs.

Grade- no idea I'll just pray until results day :biggrin: what about you?

Aha, I was contemplating whether to do the time question but in the end I just couldn't be asked! How many pages did you use - I only used 6 out of the 11 xD! I think I probably got a B! :s-smilie:
I used 9 or 10- it worried me that they had so many I felt like I should have written more:s-smilie:
A B is really good and who knows you may surprise yourself, did you do coursework?
I used 9 or 10- it worried me that they had so many I felt like I should have written more:s-smilie:
A B is really good and who knows you may surprise yourself, did you do coursework?

Yeah I got a B in the coursework which I was unhappy with because I kept sending re drafts of the work to my teacher (I only had 2 days to change it) and he didn't even re grade it. I only needed 1 more mark for an A and that really annoyed me :s-smilie: Oh welllllllll
Reply 51
I said about Trotter's circles, Osborne's watch and the quotes like 'You'll feel you've been 'ere a year in about an hour's time' and how the structure conforms to express how time felt for the men. What did you write?

I wrote about:
Osborne's watch
Trotter's circles
References to the past
How candles are referenced at the start and end of most scenes and gets "stabbed out" at the end
Reply 52
I'm actually doing AQA Geography tomorrow! How are you feeling right now? I'm kinda scared of what type of questions will come up and past papers on geography are sooooo boring Q.Q

I'm feeling okay actually, just terrified about forgetting case study figures....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending