The Student Room Group

A level choices

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
If you want to do something maths related at university (e.g. engineering, computer science, economics, physics or maths) then I would recommend choosing further maths and dropping either biology or chemistry (although chemistry is also useful if you want to do physics or some engineering courses). So probably biology is the best one to drop. If you enjoy maths, are fairly good at it and want to study something maths related, definitely choose further maths over biology.

Thanks! Really helpful! :smile:
Pick your favourite four and do those. No-one cares whether you have 5 A-Levels.
Original post by zXcodeXz
Yeah true and thanks so much for your help!

no problem, I do maths fm physics chem and would recommend it if you want to do physics at uni
Original post by samb1234
no problem, I do maths fm physics chem and would recommend it if you want to do physics at uni

Ok thanks
Thanks and I'm completely ready to give up my time on all of these subjects
Reply 25
Cover all of maths and further maths in the summer holidays. You won't regret it and it's easily doable. This would be my best advice of you want to do maths and FM.
Original post by B_9710
Cover all of maths and further maths in the summer holidays. You won't regret it and it's easily doable. This would be my best advice of you want to do maths and FM.

Ok thanks and yes it's much better for a head start.
Reply 27
Ok thanks and yes it's much better for a head start.

I swear it's invaluable. Even if you did 5 subjects you would basically reduce it down to 3 (sort of).
(edited 7 years ago)
For next year I hope to do Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. The problem is I also want to do further maths and I don't really want to drop the other three what do I do?

Do Politics, it is intersting
Original post by B_9710
I swear it's invaluable. Even if you did 5 subjects you would basically reduce it down to 3 (sort of).

Ah, ok
Original post by Redflag99
Do Politics, it is intersting

I don't really like politics in general.
I don't really like politics in general.

Okay, I thought you did because you got a picture of Donald Trump with green hair
Original post by Redflag99
Okay, I thought you did because you got a picture of Donald Trump with green hair

No, I just put that for no reason.
No, I just put that for no reason.

Okay
Original post by abc_123_
Won't your school allow you to take 5? Talk to your head or year or the head of sixth form etc they might tell you that you can do it if you get certain grades (to do my 5 A Levels I have to get 9A*s) xxx

I already asked they said no. 9A*'s?!?! That's impossible!!
Won't your school allow you to take 4? Talk to your head or year or the head of sixth form etc they might tell you that you can do it if you get certain grades :smile: xx

I can do 4 but I want to do 5 of them which isn't possible.
You should ask your school they might let you. I have to get 9A*s to do 5 A Levels but try to think about what you might do in the future and that could help narrow it down
Or speak to your careers advisor at school xx

Ok thanks! What a levels do you want to do?
It seems slightly difficult but in the interview I said If I applied myself well then it's achievable ) xx God knows what grades I'm gonna get tho xx

Hopefully you will! :smile:
Maths, Further Maths, French, Chemistry and Economics xx :smile:

Nice, I want to do biology chemistry physics maths and further maths, but instead I'm dropping biology and doing further maths instead
Nice, I want to do biology chemistry physics maths and further maths, but instead I'm dropping biology and doing further maths instead

That sounds good!! Have you talked to your teachers to find out what you learn on the A Level course tho (for example my friend wanted to take Physics A Level because she liked space but when talking to her teacher she found out there wasn't a lot to do with space and dropped it) xx
Hope you manage to do all the ones you want :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending