The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MFP3 Further Pure 3 – 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by sam_97
It sounds like your answer is the same as mine, written in a different form. In which case, you'll definitely get full marks :smile:

Yeah I got worried after the exam after I saw the answer and it had a totally different answer I couldn't work out where I went wrong
Reply 641
Original post by Hjyu1
Yeah that's it I got -3/2 for c so yeah hopefully the marker sees what I've done

Excuse my horrific latex skills :P I presume that enough people will have done that for it to be on the mark scheme, and if not the examiner should see what we have done.
Reply 642
Original post by Hjyu1
Yeah I got worried after the exam after I saw the answer and it had a totally different answer I couldn't work out where I went wrong

Your answer is perfectly fine! I suspect more people will have used a substitution anyway to be honest
Original post by jjsnyder
STEP is a beautiful but excruciatingly painful exam which I am not very good at :getscoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well some insecurity is better than over confidence :smile: i wish you all the best with STEP and other exams, and will hopefully see you around next year.... 😅 which college?
Original post by C0balt
Well some insecurity is better than over confidence :smile: i wish you all the best with STEP and other exams, and will hopefully see you around next year.... 😅 which college?

Lol ur deferring ?
Original post by Duke Glacia
Lol ur deferring ?

Next academic year is what I meant
Though I could also defer if I wanted to.
Original post by C0balt
Next academic year is what I meant
Though I could also defer if I wanted to.

I c
i may defer tbh if i meet offer
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 647
Original post by C0balt

Johns :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah nice, I stayed there two nights when I was visiting colleges. Loved the burger place in front of John's haha
Reply 649
for the proof of the Area of the triangle on the last question, did you state the use of Sin(π/6) because I've been so used to some trigonometric values that I just put 1/2 but I feel like they might disregard my proof as I think they will think that I might've worked backwards from the answer although that would've been hard considering how many were surds involved
Reply 650
Original post by DEWR98
for the proof of the Area of the triangle on the last question, did you state the use of Sin(π/6) because I've been so used to some trigonometric values that I just put 1/2 but I feel like they might disregard my proof as I think they will think that I might've worked backwards from the answer although that would've been hard considering how many were surds involved

No that's fine, sin(pi/6) = 1/2 is such a common result they'll know what you are doing, if you were pulling sin(pi/24) out with no working or something then perhaps, but even then they are likely to still give you the marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the same thing, v=x+1 leads to y=(x+1)22+2(x+1)+ln(x+1)32 y = \frac{(x+1)^2}{2} + 2(x+1) + ln(x+1) - \frac{3}{2} which should get full marks still.

I got this also.
Reply 652
Thanks @jjsnyder that was really plaguing me, good luck on the rest of your A2 subjects as well as everyone else on this thread; it's plain AS physics and chemistry on the new specs for me to worry about until I'm in year 13
Reply 653
Original post by DEWR98
Thanks @jjsnyder that was really plaguing me, good luck on the rest of your A2 subjects as well as everyone else on this thread; it's plain AS physics and chemistry on the new specs for me to worry about until I'm in year 13

No problem, when I first looked at the answers I was a little worried as well! Thanks, I have heard the new specs are difficult, hope it goes okay for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DEWR98

Wtf, how did u know that sin30=1/2, thats wikid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 655
Original post by physicsmaths
Wtf, how did u know that sin30=1/2, thats wikid

Posted from TSR Mobile

This guy is a known troll :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This guy is a known troll :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The banter is unreal.
I wish i did aqa, seems fun, edexcel is tol eazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 657
The banter is unreal.
I wish i did aqa, seems fun, edexcel is tol eazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think AQA is any harder tbh, some of our papers are very simple, I'd like hard papers and higher grade boundaries personally!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The banter is unreal.

Do you mean complex?
Original post by Zacken
Do you mean complex?

Complex \not = Nonreal though :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending