The Student Room Group

Racist Teacher?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Platopus
He sounds unreasonable but not necessarily racist. I suspect he was in a bad mood and would have said the same to a student of any other race.

Yeah that's possible too.
Original post by zayn008
This is honestly it, I did miss out the character background of myself, back then I used to get in loads of trouble and was often in detentions. But he literally made a comment about my skin color and went on to laugh at a students comment about my mum being an immigrant even though she's not, I then said "why do you find it funny" he said "because it's true" I then walked out and reported it… no angry response but I guess it was my reputation that let him get away with saying I made a false accusation… the school also refused to take statements from other pupils even though they came forward

Hmm...so...racist comment>report it>excluded? Weird. How did you go about reporting and getting students to come forward? Was the situation hostile when you responded to his comment...?
Reply 62
Original post by Eriasu
Ohhh I understand, I've been there before. I got excluded from school in y7 for scratching a teacher when he was sitting on top of me and suffocating, I thought I was going to die and I was scared but still got kicked out of school and it was helping when my mum was blaming me for everything and wasn't listening to me.

are you being serious? He physically assaulted you wtf!! I too faced permanent exclusion but after 4 months my parents finally decided to do something and saw all the missing parts to why they made this move and my school took me back and erased the record which I think I deserved
Reply 63
Original post by 0to100
Hmm...so...racist comment>report it>excluded? Weird. How did you go about reporting and getting students to come forward? Was the situation hostile when you responded to his comment...?

Yes it is weird But it shows how a teachers word can easily be taken over a students just because he has a bad reputation but in this case did nothing wrong. I went down to the deputy head masters office and asked if I could talk to him, I explained what happened and gave him names of people who heard, he simply disregarded them saying "these people are your friends" I said the entire class heard and will give matching statements so pick anyone person you like, he picks the kid who made the racist comment and you can probably guess the rest.
It wasn't that hostile, he was laughing and I just said "why are you laughing" he stopped and said he found it funny and I just "that's unacceptable of you to laugh at his racist joke" as I left… I still remember that day 😩
Original post by zayn008
Yes it is weird But it shows how a teachers word can easily be taken over a students just because he has a bad reputation but in this case did nothing wrong. I went down to the deputy head masters office and asked if I could talk to him, I explained what happened and gave him names of people who heard, he simply disregarded them saying "these people are your friends" I said the entire class heard and will give matching statements so pick anyone person you like, he picks the kid who made the racist comment and you can probably guess the rest.
It wasn't that hostile, he was laughing and I just said "why are you laughing" he stopped and said he found it funny and I just "that's unacceptable of you to laugh at his racist joke" as I left… I still remember that day 😩

Well...I've seen not racism happen in school from teachers but like...especially unfair to the few nonwhite kids around. And they kinda just take it usually so it's just unfathomable that someone will actually get in trouble for standing up for themselves I dunno. I feel bad like what can you do you know :\ I wouldn't let it stop there, report them to external forces like the dept of education or something...
Reply 65
Original post by zayn008
are you being serious? He physically assaulted you wtf!! I too faced permanent exclusion but after 4 months my parents finally decided to do something and saw all the missing parts to why they made this move and my school took me back and erased the record which I think I deserved

Yup and my exclusion wasn't temporary one it was a permanent one.

Quick Reply

Latest