The Student Room Group

72% of 18-24 years old wish to 'Remain' in the EU.

According to the latest polls televised by the BBC this evening, a whopping 72% of 18-24 year olds will be voting 'In' on June 23rd.

58% of 65s and over will vote 'Out'.

Unsurprising since Labour, a 'Remain' stronghold, has seen a spike in 18-24 year olds in recent years.

As a 21 year old, I will be voting 'Out', but even to me it's more likely we'll marginally stay in.

I'm nevertheless appalled by the propaganda and fearmongering used by Cameron and the rest of the 'Remain' campaign, as well as Obama's claim that Britain would be 'back of the queue' in trade.

I do think it's still a tight race.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I pray for an out result
Dumb people
Old ppl shouldnt be allowed to vote
lmao why are you voting leave you morons
Reply 5
Original post by roadmanchasin£
Old ppl shouldnt be allowed to vote

How democratic.
Reply 6
Original post by joebackhouse
lmao why are you voting leave you morons

Why are you voting in?

Or do you enjoy having the EU's fist rammed up your bum?
What a surprise. Guess I'll be in the minority group.
Reply 8
Original post by M14B
I pray for an out result

I really do too.
Reply 9
Original post by Ladymusiclover
What a surprise. Guess I'll be in the minority group.

Are you in the 18-24 bracket too?

Who do you affiliate with politically?
I'm going to be voting in simply because I want the single European State that other people seem to hate so much. I don't see what's wrong with it. It's still going to have a democratically elected parliament afaik, and it will bring long-term peace to Europe. We'll also actually be half-prepared for the New Space Age.
Original post by Dodgypirate
How democratic.

Why should the old tossers who only vote out because of sovereignty be allowed to vote? They'll be rotting in their graves before you know it and we'll have to deal with the consequences of their actions.
It was the same in 1975, yet a 25 year old in 1975 is 66 today.

Clearly a lot of people who voted "In" first time around now plan to vote "Out".
Are you in the 18-24 bracket too?

Who do you affiliate with politically?

Yeah I am. I count myself as a Labour supporter but I don't agree with Labour in wanting to remain in the EU.
Why should the old tossers who only vote out because of sovereignty be allowed to vote? They'll be rotting in their graves before you know it and we'll have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

I actually sympathise with that because there are far too many stubborn old people who ruin the voting system by voting for what they've always voted for, not caring about the actual consequences.

However, our voting system is supposed to never discriminate, so we can't just stop them from voting. That would set too much precedence for discriminating against other groups with the voting system /:

I can't even...

I can't even...

Oh so the right wing can be politically incorrect but others cant? Double standards is real.
Original post by Observatory
It was the same in 1975, yet a 25 year old in 1975 is 66 today.

Clearly a lot of people who voted "In" first time around now plan to vote "Out".

I believe it's because they've seen the evolution and apparent devolution of the EU from its conception.

Following the greatest conflict in history the EU was a fantastic and unifying idea. Now it's extremely bureaucratic and obscure.

Our generation just sees it as a champion for freedom.
Oh so the right wing can be politically incorrect but others cant? Double standards is real.

Who's right wing?
Original post by Jazzyboy
I actually sympathise with that because there are far too many stubborn old people who ruin the voting system by voting for what they've always voted for, not caring about the actual consequences.

However, our voting system is supposed to never discriminate, so we can't just stop them from voting. That would set too much precedence for discriminating against other groups with the voting system /:

yeah i guess so :/ I dont even think there's any point with the referendum cos people dont understand the possible repercussions of leaving are, especially the old lot who think the EU is going to take us over or the indigenous people are gonna die out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending