The Student Room Group

Yale University introduces gender-neutral bathrooms

Scroll to see replies

I don't have a problem with gender neutral bathrooms as long as its a separate bathroom and no one is forced to share bathrooms. I have a feeling that majority of people who will use those bathrooms will let not be transgenders. I personally wouldn't use a gender neutral bathroom unless its just one toilet and one basin inside. I hope their little plan works in a safe manner though.
Reply 41
Original post by 0to100
They what? The new trans facility? Look be patient with me please, this is your time to teach someone who otherwise would react very indignantly about this.

Basically Yale University has created unisex toilets. That way regardless of your gender, you can use any of them.
Original post by kkboyk
Basically Yale University has created unisex toilets. That way regardless of your gender, you can use any of them.

Oh so theyre not exclusively for trans because that would've been a top idea...But if someone chooses their cis gender bathroom that matches their sex like let's say I being male chose to go to a private male facility like normal I no longer can do that? Everyone can just go in any room or...? There's now a new facility as well as the original ones?? Cheers.
Original post by SmileyVibe
I don't have a problem with gender neutral bathrooms as long as its a separate bathroom and no one is forced to share bathrooms. I have a feeling that majority of people who will use those bathrooms will let not be transgenders. I personally wouldn't use a gender neutral bathroom unless its just one toilet and one basin inside. I hope their little plan works in a safe manner though.

Exactly, that's what I'm saying.
Original post by 0to100
Oh so theyre not exclusively for trans because that would've been a top idea...But if someone chooses their cis gender bathroom that matches their sex like let's say I being male chose to go to a private male facility like normal I no longer can do that? Everyone can just go in any room or...? There's now a new facility as well as the original ones?? Cheers.

Gender neutral = neutral bathroom. Male, female, duck, it doesn't matter. Anyone can use it. There will be a female bathroom, male bathroom, then a free for all bathroom (gender neutral).
Original post by SmileyVibe
Gender neutral = neutral bathroom. Male, female, duck, it doesn't matter. Anyone can use it. There will be a female bathroom, male bathroom, then a free for all bathroom (gender neutral).

So if I have a pet duck I can bring it in to use as well? lmao kidding.
Original post by 0to100
Lol what

A door can't be cis or trans, your wording amused me, is all

I sexually identify as a xenomorph, where is my bathroom?

aa6c6042193dc72947c86479197f51d9.jpg
Reply 47
I never understood what's wrong with unisex bathrooms, considering I never saw one with urinals in it. Most people have unisex bathrooms in their own houses?
Lol you know what I meant like the door that leads to a cis bathroom.
Original post by cuppa
I never understood what's wrong with unisex bathrooms, considering I never saw one with urinals in it. Most people have unisex bathrooms in their own houses?

Ok well my own house is my own house, not just letting any stranger piss in there. Also our home toilets have usually one toilet at a time and massive privacy. We're discussing public facilities.
Original post by 0to100
Lol you know what I meant like the door that leads to a cis bathroom.

There's no such thing as a cis bathroom, currently there's either male, female or disabled. A gender neutral bathroom will just be like having a disabled bathroom I don't understand the fuss? We had one at Uni in the chemistry department it was just like any other bathroom
My main issue concerning gender neutral bathrooms aren't factors like rape etc that most people seem to be concerned about but hygiene. On the lower floor of my school we have gender neutral bathrooms. I have used these bathrooms once before and they were disgusting like pee all over the seat and un flushed toilets. The boy's toilets in general seem to be gross. I think it's good to have the separate bathrooms but also have the gender neutral option available for thoes who wish to use them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Are Britons calling it "the bathroom" now?
There's no fuss about the bathroom it's in the beginning (I now have been informed perfectly by SmileyVibe and the op) but in the beginning I thought there was no more cis bathroom (you know what I mean there as well like you have a penis you go to the mens room etc). And thought tere was either only going to be a gender neutral facility OR the mens room with a trans section in its own section after you enter. I have issues with both those as I am entitled to lol
Reply 54
I don't get the whole, 'use their name not their certificate part'... Surely they could just go and legally get their name changed, and they'll use that.
Original post by 0to100
There's no fuss about the bathroom it's in the beginning (I now have been informed perfectly by SmileyVibe and the op) but in the beginning I thought there was no more cis bathroom (you know what I mean there as well like you have a penis you go to the mens room etc). And thought tere was either only going to be a gender neutral facility OR the mens room with a trans section in its own section after you enter. I have issues with both those as I am entitled to lol

There is still going to be separate gender bathrooms though, right?
My college had unisex toilets before the whole trans stage of the SJW movement and honestly, no one cared at all.
Those who didn't want to share toilets with the opposite sex used the segregated ones and those who didn't care used both.

I feel a lot of hate for this has come about because it's attributed to the social justice movements and it's a shame that idiots like that tarnish any progression in those areas.
Reply 57
Original post by 0to100
Ok well my own house is my own house, not just letting any stranger piss in there. Also our home toilets have usually one toilet at a time and massive privacy. We're discussing public facilities.

What's wrong with privacy if there are no urinals - just cubicles? Women have been using those toilets for a long time. The problem is not a bathroom, but some pervert who'd climb over the cubicle to take a peek at a girl shitting.
I dunno is there?! lol from my recent understanding there will be, with now a gender neutral option that anyone can use which is...like having 6 fingers...
Anyone of you ever hear of stories or articles of men pretending to be women and/or transgenders attacking women and choking little girls? The recent one I heard about was a sex offender pretended to be a transgender named Jessica and assaulted a woman in the women shelter's bathroom. Who lets men in a women's shelter bathroom?Things like these happen. Cubicles don't protect anybody. The difference between crapping in a gender neutral toilet is one person can use it. Now imagine that plus 4 other toilets where the person next to you can a boy or girl.

The positive thing about this is transgenders or potential perverts can use the gender neutral bathroom so no feels forced to share the bathroom. I think this a positive. Let the girls use the girls bathroom, let the boys use the boy bathroom, and let the transgender use the gender neutral. Its a win-win for everybody so no one gets sued! *claps* Especially Yale.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending