The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

English Language mock back in December - not a huge mistake as I still got 18/24 in total...
The question was about whether the voting age should be lowered to 16. One of my paragraphs said:

'As cheesy as it may sound, children are our future. And as much as 16 year olds may argue that they're not children anymore, they're the closest we'll ever get without letting the Teletubbies run our Parliament.'

I actually laughed while writing it it was so stupid.

Also for some reason I tend to add random 'e's on the end of words that don't have them. I snorted every time I accidentally wrote 'Slime' in my literature paper this morning (which was a lot of times :redface:) - scribbled it out though so avoided that one.

There's probably been more but not that I can think of.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lonyeka
Are you sure? I remember that the question was: describe a test that can be used to test for carbon dioxide. That means you can talk about any test. I really hope that that is the case. :frown:

I so hope so as I was really sad that I did that! A few of my friends that I spoke to after said they wrote about the test for Chlorine but I could've sworn it did say Carbon Dioxide as I literally wrote Carbon Dioxide in my answer. I think they said the question before was about electrolysis or something, maybe that's why they did that. We'll have to wait and see what it actually was...😬 *fingers crossed though*
Reply 82
Not GCSEs but still haunts me/ embarrasses me no end to this day. It was my second year UG exam for my biochemistry module there was a 50 mark essay on the blood coagulation cascade and the importance of vitamin K.

I forgot the word for haemophilia, it took me a good 2 weeks to remember it :colondollar:

That said mentally I wasn't in a good place at the time due to personal things going on back home. Nonetheless, forgetting the name of haemophilia has haunted me since
I sat the wrong GCSE exam paper :colondollar: but it wasn't my fault tho
Reply 84
Original post by student2607
Well in my C1 GCSE the other day I wrote about the Carbon Dioxide test instead of the Chlorine test as I didn't read the question carefully. I was slightly confused as to why people were talking about litmus paper after, but then I realised how stupid I was.. (Probably the easiest question on the paper aswell)

my C1 paper asked me something about what kind of a reaction is it when heat is used..
i wrote endothermic
the answer was thermal decomposition :/
Reply 85
Worked out a relatively hard transition metal chemistry Q where I had to identify a missing element. Did the hard part and deduced the Mr of X then I read off the periodic table wrong and wrote down the missing metal was cobalt not iron (they are next to each other). Smh.
In my Higher History Prelim, I wrote that Hitler annexed the Sudetenland in 2038. Still got an A though, marker must have put it down to exam nerves.
I accidentally missed a page off the higher geography paper - mustn't have realised but thankfully I finished early and when I was flipping through the pages I seen that I missed an entire section!!!!!!!!!
Thankfully knew a lot about the topic it asked me to write about so I frantically started writing with 10 minutes to spare.

Got an A at the end :biggrin:
Today in my english language exam I spelt 'discourse' as 'discource' every damn time!

I've never done it before and at the time it looked weird but I could never put my finger on why that was.

:frown:
Reply 89
In an A2 french mock I wrote a 45 mark essay on a subject we hadn't studied... Let's say don't do that.
Walking into the exam hall is my biggest mistake :colonhash:

I think my most costly mistake was in a B1 mock where it asked me the process of IVF. I decided to talk about the menstrual cycle :u:

meh :erm: I learnt from it which is all that matters :yep:
Original post by homeland.lsw
walking into the exam hall is my biggest mistake :colonhash:

i think my most costly mistake was in a b1 mock where it asked me the process of ivf. I decided to talk about the menstrual cycle :u

meh :erm: i learnt from it which is all that matters :yep:

lolololol
Taking the subject in the first place is one mistake in general but the stupidest is not reading the question properly and writing a 2 page essay and then reading back the question 3 minutes before the end and realising you wrote about the wrong thing. I couldn't change he answer in time so I changed the question so my beautiful essay answers the question. Didn't get any marks but yeno I tried

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mariam687
lolololol

It was only three marks...honestly I remember doing my philosophy and ethics exam, finishing the two hour exam in like 45 minutes and just leaving because I did not give the slightest ****...
In my GCSE citizenship questions you get 2 sections. In section A you complete all of the questions. Section B there are 3 essay questions that you choose between.

So I answered all of section A and then went completely blank and forgot I only have to answer 1 question in Section B. Normally section A is 20 marks (so you spend half an hour on it). Section B has 20 marks per question (you're advised to spend 30 minutes on it also because you only answer on question). I had to completely rush it trying to finish all 3 20 mark essay questions as well as the 20 mark section A. I finished the paper but my god it was awful. I came out and everyone was like "ah what question did you pick then" ?? excuse me ??? what ????
still somehow got a C hahaha

Another awful mistake I did was in my GCSE maths. I forgot what a stem & leaf diagram was... literally the EASIEST question to come up... and I forgot? I drew a pictogram... Somehow managed to get an A though
It was only three marks...honestly I remember doing my philosophy and ethics exam, finishing the two hour exam in like 45 minutes and just leaving because I did not give the slightest ****...

3 marks is still important :smile:

really? u can do that? im always writing to the last minute ;o
Original post by _mk
my C1 paper asked me something about what kind of a reaction is it when heat is used..
i wrote endothermic
the answer was thermal decomposition :/

I thought you guys were talking about A-Level maths core1 paper then
I almost freaked like what the hell when did reactions come into the maths paper I didn't do anything about that?

Took me a while to realise you actually mean Chemistry 1
Reply 97
in my Maths mock in december non-calculator I did 9+3 on the start of a 4 marker and somehow got 11. I did the rest of the working right but since i used 11 and not 12 it was wrong...

though it wasn't too much of a big deal i got 84 on that paper anyways so it wasnt too bad!!

but a very, very stupid mistake
Original post by mariam687
3 marks is still important :smile:

really? u can do that? im always writing to the last minute ;o

I know I know, even one mark makes the difference :grumble:

it was a mock exam so I literally didn't care. I found philosophy so pointless and boring and never did any work for it. My teacher predicted me a D, and I got an A* so it all worked out well in the end :lol:
I know I know, even one mark makes the difference :grumble:

it was a mock exam so I literally didn't care. I found philosophy so pointless and boring and never did any work for it. My teacher predicted me a D, and I got an A* so it all worked out well in the end :lol:

ikik :frown:

damn, a* wdwd :smile:

anywhoo, im off to beddd, my eyelids keep falling down lmaoo

gnightttttttttt :smile:

Latest