The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hezzlington
Sorry :biggrin:

To be fair you probably didn't know who I was either :smile:

I had actually seen you about :colonhash:
Original post by KoreanSpammer
hahaha nahhhh mans not spammer looooolll. This is just a dupe of my main account ygm trying to get space from dat atm so use this now and again but I prefer it cause not many ppl know me and my main account isn't even that well known. Can speak my mind more here tho. But yeeeeee username is bare misleading would ask for a change but there's more red tape here than in Brussels so cba and it ain't that deep.

Penny just dropped why TSR are so Bremain :lol:

Why wouldn't you be able to voice your opinion on your main account?
Why wouldn't you be able to voice your opinion on your main account?

Maybe he can but some people like to have dupes just to give themselves space from their main account :smile:
Yeah I guess so, that's quite a good way of putting it. Escapism

Exactly, escapism! The word escaped me :ahee:

It's really interesting how most people heavily invested into this site wouldn't see it as... a reflection of their loneliness? I don't know, don't want to offend anyone reading that either but I don't know how to phrase it any other way.

Either way it would probably make an interesting sociology/psychology project I think :p:
But why? is the question.

Idk a plethora of reasons i suppose. Perhaps they lack the skills to make those relationships, perhaps they have personality disorders, perhaps theyre bullied idk. That's beside the point.
The thing is TSR attracts those kids like honey and if they're specifically targeting students then some empathy towards them needs to be shown.
Original post by Salamandastron
Maybe he can but some people like to have dupes just to give themselves space from their main account :smile:

Tfw someone assumes your sex :colonhash:
Tfw someone assumes your sex :colonhash:

Tfw ik who you are :tongue:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Exactly, escapism! The word escaped me :ahee:

It's really interesting how most people heavily invested into this site wouldn't see it as... a reflection of their loneliness? I don't know, don't want to offend anyone reading that either but I don't know how to phrase it any other way.

Either way it would probably make an interesting sociology/psychology project I think :p:

real talk

Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
Idk a plethora of reasons i suppose. Perhaps they lack the skills to make those relationships, perhaps they have personality disorders, perhaps theyre bullied idk. That's beside the point.
The thing is TSR attracts those kids like honey and if they're specifically targeting students then some empathy towards them needs to be shown.

It makes me sad that their place of sanctuary...TSR...is actually a cesspit.

I'm not sure how we can make it better though.
hahaha nahhhh mans not spammer looooolll. This is just a dupe of my main account ygm trying to get space from dat atm so use this now and again but I prefer it cause not many ppl know me and my main account isn't even that well known. Can speak my mind more here tho. But yeeeeee username is bare misleading would ask for a change but there's more red tape here than in Brussels so cba and it ain't that deep.

Penny just dropped why TSR are so Bremain :lol:

M8 you should be renamed HackneySpammer :lol:
More roadman then the lollipop man :lol:
Original post by CoolCavy
I disagree tbh :/
If i had known how much hate i was gonna get for simply trying to be nice to people i wouldn't have joined at all. This was my first internet thing and yes ok i now know a lot more about the world i guess and i have made some friends i guess I don't really feel like it was worth it tbh but anyway lol

im new here..how did u make friends?
What specifically about TSR has made you that way do you think?

I'm not sure.- I think it's partly to do with the threads. When I first joined I was devastated + almost traumatized. The threads would shock me- But now it just feels.. normal.

Perhaps there are so many inept threads + after reading such a vast number, I have become that way myself.

Sounds awful but meh.

I suppose if I knew the answer then I would've tried to solve it by now. :'3
M8 you should be renamed HackneySpammer :lol:
More roadman then the lollipop man :lol:

Tks tks.

Will put a request in now for hackneyspammer

Brb waiting months for response :colonhash:
real talk

Loooooool that line I mean. It's not funny really but just the way you say

.... Is actually a cesspit.

Man you're funny :toofunny:
Original post by Anon_98
I'm not sure.- I think it's partly to do with the threads. When I first joined I was devastated + almost traumatized. The threads would shock me- But now it just feels.. normal.

Perhaps there are so many inept threads + after reading such a vast number, I have become that way myself.

Sounds awful but meh.

I suppose if I knew the answer then I would've tried to solve it by now. :'3

Ahh, desensitization

Well at the moment it's far too easy to make a dupe account and then attack people or spam the forum. Maybe brand new accounts shouldn't be able to post in chat?

It's tricky problem, but I think the attitude of expecting kids to be able to straight up just leave is a very bad one. That needs to change, especially in the iite staff
Well at the moment it's far too easy to make a dupe account and then attack people or spam the forum. Maybe brand new accounts shouldn't be able to post in chat?

It's tricky problem, but I think the attitude of expecting kids to be able to straight up just leave is a very bad one. That needs to change, especially in the iite staff

Especially when you can't delete your account and they won't ban it most of the time now. Like it should be more flexible. Idk what the big deal is.

They've got time to write threads about some damn pointless shite sometimes so it ain't a question of time lllolllllllllloooooooollll :lol:

Yas way 2 easy to set up dem dupes like srs email validation with an hour delay would stop 99% of the problems.

I'd have it so that initial threads/posts need to be reviewed by the volunteer support team. The volunteer support team have too much on their hands already? Then hire more.

There needs to be a more efficient reporting system, and when you sign up your account, the rules and guidelines need to be presented to you in a clearer way.

I think that making accounts via Google+ needs to be stopped. This is how they dupe so quickly apparently.

Bring back neg reps or remove the rep system all together.

Yes. Well, I personally, basically come on this site to rant about things which I can't irl due to the pristine persona I display.

This site allows me to release my emotions bc I have nowhere else to do it. wahayayyy

But infact, you're not allowed to rant on this site anymore. At least, I'm not bc it gets me into trouble. Way more than it's worth.

So what happens is, I unfortunately get angry at not being able to rant and therefore get into trouble for getting angry.

Then I end up being unnecessarily mean bc of all the above which gets me into even more trouble.

Tbh though, what the mods would class as "mean" is infact simply just honesty at it's absolute best.

I call it the cycle of funnnnnnnnn.

You can't make it better. - it'll forever be this way. The only way you can make it better is making it better for yourself and that is by leaving. :h:
I'd have it so that initial threads/posts need to be reviewed by the volunteer support team. The volunteer support team have too much on their hands already? Then hire more.

There needs to be a more efficient reporting system, and when you sign up your account, the rules and guidelines need to be presented to you in a clearer way.

I think that making accounts via Google+ needs to be stopped. This is how they dupe so quickly apparently.

Bring back neg reps or remove the rep system all together.

Yes these are good suggestions. Although i don't agree with the rep one. I found neg rep stagnated opinions in that less people posted opinions they felt they'd lose rep for. I do disagree with the removal of the rep limit however

I think that email addresses should have confirmation emails too, to avoid putting in fake addresses
Yes these are good suggestions. Although i don't agree with the rep one. I found neg rep stagnated opinions in that less people posted opinions they felt they'd lose rep for. I do disagree with the removal of the rep limit however

I think that email addresses should have confirmation emails too, to avoid putting in fake addresses

People back in the day posted controversial opinions all the time. And those that withheld their opinion for 'fear' of negative rep...those people need to get a grip.
What we have now is people just post their opinions on anon which is annoying but it's an important feature so I don't know where I stand with that.

Latest