The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanFM
A good way to procrastinate from revision, I'll give you that :tongue:

I swear :\ didn't know that would happen and I'm not even popular so I can imagine others lol
Original post by hezzlington
People back in the day posted controversial opinions all the time. And those that withheld their opinion for 'fear' of negative rep...those people need to get a grip.
What we have now is people just post their opinions on anon which is annoying but it's an important feature so I don't know where I stand with that.

As pathetic as it is, it feels good when people validate your opinions. It's just human nature. We're a social species.
Then there were those trolls who'd be especially "controversial" for the sake of collecting red gems.

Yeah I think anon is a mixed thing. For the health forums it's very good however people do often abuse and pick on individuals and the worst thing is, is that TSR doesn't inform you of who it was that targetted you. They're allowed to remain anonymous.
Original post by Anon_98
Yes. Well, I personally, basically come on this site to rant about things which I can't irl due to the pristine persona I display.

This site allows me to release my emotions bc I have nowhere else to do it. wahayayyy

But infact, you're not allowed to rant on this site anymore. At least, I'm not bc it gets me into trouble. Way more than it's worth.

So what happens is, I unfortunately get angry at not being able to rant and therefore get into trouble for getting angry.

Then I end up being unnecessarily mean bc of all the above which gets me into even more trouble.

Tbh though, what the mods would class as "mean" is infact simply just honesty at it's absolute best.

I call it the cycle of funnnnnnnnn.

You can't make it better. - it'll forever be this way. The only way you can make it better is making it better for yourself and that is by leaving. :h:

Cycle of fun. Where do I sign up? Do I need to have a valid email address? Am I aware of what I'm letting myself in for ?
Original post by KoreanSpammer
Cycle of fun. Where do I sign up? Do I need to have a valid email address? Am I aware of what I'm letting myself in for ?

Cycle of fun ? I have an other way to describe it :mmm:

Spoiler

Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
As pathetic as it is, it feels good when people validate your opinions. It's just human nature. We're a social species.
Then there were those trolls who'd be especially "controversial" for the sake of collecting red gems.

Yeah I think anon is a mixed thing. For the health forums it's very good however people do often abuse and pick on individuals and the worst thing is, is that TSR doesn't inform you of who it was that targetted you. They're allowed to remain anonymous.

TSR doesn't really know - anyone can sign up for an account using any details.

Forums would be a heck of a lot different if everyone had to use a legit identity and their own names. I can see that coming eventually as some kind of law, since it's too open to abuse in the current form.

Yeah dat bit is bad. Any1 who uses anon to target other ppl and say shiet should be banned. It ain't just abuse of anon, it's like completely undermining the whole point behind going anon. It's to conceal stuff u embarrassed about not to start targeting people. That rule should be made extremely clear and that it is a bannable offence. That would put a stop to dat behavior for one.

Thinking dis Fred is turning into a bit of a feedback sesh hope it don't get closed down.
Original post by Anon_98
x

Original post by CoolCavy
x

You two don't have to feel like you have to act a certain way on here. Everybody has some good days, some bad days. I know once you start talking to more people you're more conscious of what you post, but ultimately just post whatever the hell you want if it makes you feel better. Just be a little more selfish :')

At the end of the day you don't know people here irl, so who cares what they think :dontknow:
Original post by Lord Samosa
You two don't have to feel like you have to act a certain way on here. Everybody has some good days, some bad days. I know once you start talking to more people you're more conscious of what you post, but ultimately just post whatever the hell you want if it makes you feel better. Just be a little more selfish :')

At the end of the day you don't know people here irl, so who cares what they think :dontknow:

gd point :smile:

i appreciate dat
Idk a plethora of reasons i suppose. Perhaps they lack the skills to make those relationships, perhaps they have personality disorders, perhaps theyre bullied idk. That's beside the point.
The thing is TSR attracts those kids like honey and if they're specifically targeting students then some empathy towards them needs to be shown.

This is a very good point and it applies to us regular users as well. There's no excuse for being rude or harsh with new members and people generally on the site. I'm sure I'm not immune, so this isn't some kind of lecture - we all need to think about how we come across.

The other thing is that a lot of people come to the site just to get quick information and it's no help to them to be sneered at or otherwise put down.
You two don't have to feel like you have to act a certain way on here. Everybody has some good days, some bad days. I know once you start talking to more people you're more conscious of what you post, but ultimately just post whatever the hell you want if it makes you feel better. Just be a little more selfish :':wink:

Fam from what I saw the issue is that the site itself seem to remove a lot of their posts or move them if they're remotely depressing or someting.
Fam from what I saw the issue is that the site itself seem to remove a lot of their posts or move them if they're remotely depressing or someting.

Yeah i've noticed this too..
They seem to end up in this thing called Peer Support Volunteers and i can understand why but i think sometimes it feels as if the thoughts of said individuals is being censored somewhat which can be frustrating i suspect
Reply 111
Original post by CoolCavy
I disagree tbh :/
If i had known how much hate i was gonna get for simply trying to be nice to people i wouldn't have joined at all. This was my first internet thing and yes ok i now know a lot more about the world i guess and i have made some friends i guess I don't really feel like it was worth it tbh but anyway lol

:frown: Chin up kiddo!
You two don't have to feel like you have to act a certain way on here. Everybody has some good days, some bad days. I know once you start talking to more people you're more conscious of what you post, but ultimately just post whatever the hell you want if it makes you feel better. Just be a little more selfish :' )

That's the problem.

I don't have "good days + bad days" anymore. I have good moments ..within bad days. The good moments are brief, so ultimately it's just a bad day streak for a very long time. Nobody can truly understand and I don't think it'll ever change. Ever. Ever. Ever. I promise I'm not just being negative and difficult, it's reality. Therefore I do have to act a certain way in order for those around me to not feel like all is completely lost.- Even though it feels like it is. It's not fun depressing people that you care about either.

As a result you can't just be "yourself" without a care in the world bc I suppose.. you've lost who you once were so there is nobody to be.

In terms of being selfish. I've tried. Infact, I've probably been too selfish. It didn't work. I think that bc I'm a well known user being selfish is so much more difficult than if I was just a random TSR-ian floating around the forum. Everyone is constantly irritating you. If I honestly say what I completely like then I get into what feels like trouble. Proof of this has already happened tbh + I didn't like it one bit.

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, lol. Idrc. (':

Your kind words are appreciated. <3
Original post by Salamandastron
Yeah i've noticed this too..
They seem to end up in this thing called Peer Support Volunteers and i can understand why but i think sometimes it feels as if the thoughts of said individuals is being censored somewhat which can be frustrating i suspect

But why does that happen ?! Seems a bit senseless. If it's mental health related it is ever more important that this content remains not gets deleted. Because raising awareness is about just that. If we delete stuff pertaining to depressed moods then what really does that to to sufferers? Makes them feel ashamed and stigmatised innit.

Mental health is so much more than exam stress or a rocky parental relationship. It's about time the real things got focused on.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Well, maybe.

I just wanted the forum to have a more positive feel to it today. :colondollar:

I completely agree.

Without TSR, I wouldn't find so much music.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But why does that happen ?! Seems a bit senseless. If it's mental health related it is ever more important that this content remains not gets deleted. Because raising awareness is about just that. If we delete stuff pertaining to depressed moods then what really does that to to sufferers? Makes them feel ashamed and stigmatised innit.

Mental health is so much more than exam stress or a rocky parental relationship. It's about time the real things got focused on.

Ik i feel the same which is why i disagree really with it all because apparently they remove anything vaguely alluding to self harm or suicidal thoughts (which can affect everyone btw even the 'happier' members) and i think if someone posts that in the first place then clearly they are feeling lonely and hopeless. It is one thing if someone pms you after or something but it is different if they just delete the post like it never existed because that is what said person is experiencing inrl, their feelings being ignored and them having to focus on their 'happy side'. Apparently these posts are removed to prevent a 'negative reaction' which just illustrates that bullies perpetrate the site which ofc they do on all forums, the difference here is that they are allowed to seemingly get away with it whilst the victim of this hypothetical negative reaction is the one seemingly silence whilst particular 'watched' members have their posts sprung on immedietly if they are depressing.
Hope that doesn't offend anyone, i think the mods do a good job it is just what i have observed from my friends Cavy and Anon in particular.
Reply 116
Ik i feel the same which is why i disagree really with it all because apparently they remove anything vaguely alluding to self harm or suicidal thoughts (which can affect everyone btw even the 'happier' members) and i think if someone posts that in the first place then clearly they are feeling lonely and hopeless.

I think if you put it in a spoiler with a trigger warning it should be fine? @iEthan wanna double check that?
Original post by z33
I think if you put it in a spoiler with a trigger warning it should be fine? @iEthan wanna double check that?

Well i thought that too but i've seen posts made that have been edited and the spoiler removed so
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Well, maybe.

I just wanted the forum to have a more positive feel to it today. :colondollar:

We are just so glad you made that decision :h:
Reply 119
Well i thought that too but i've seen posts made that have been edited and the spoiler removed so

hmmm... idk I do feel that they moderate too strictly with regards to mental health and what you can or cannot say about your experience but at the same time it's their site, their rules right?
And also since there's a lot of trolls on here, they could use your vulnerability to their advantage and make you feel even worse which is the last thing you need in a state like that.

Latest