The Student Room Group

Is this allowed?

I store a lot notes in my calc, for S1 I've IiteraIIy got a mini textbook fuII of textbook notes just for lil definitions I may forget?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah but you can't take that into exams!
Reply 2
Original post by Platopus
Yeah but you can't take that into exams!

AIready have severaI times...
LOOOOL show me how
Reply 4
Original post by alkaline.
LOOOOL show me how

Show you how to write notes on caIc?
Original post by Naruke
Show you how to write notes on caIc?

yes if by that you mean on your calculator
Reply 6

You need to invest in a Casio 9860GII

They can do everything

draw graphs
notes
stats
soIve equations
Reply 7

normaI caIcs can't do it unfortunateIy
Original post by Naruke
I store a lot notes in my calc, for S1 I've IiteraIIy got a mini textbook fuII of textbook notes just for lil definitions I may forget?

Original post by Naruke
You need to invest in a Casio 9860GII

They can do everything

draw graphs
notes
stats
soIve equations

Nope. You're not even allowed to use that calculator for the exam. If they notice you'll be disqualified so I wouldn't recommend using it.
Reply 9
Original post by NickLCFC
Nope. You're not even allowed to use that calculator for the exam. If they notice you'll be disqualified so I wouldn't recommend using it.

It's defo aIIowed, emaiIed graham etc...

Do u even know the ruIes xD?
Original post by Naruke

The rules say you're not allowed to use a calculator that can store data AFAIK.
Reply 11
Original post by Tootles
The rules say you're not allowed to use a calculator that can store data AFAIK.

No it doesn't

show me these "ruIes"
Original post by Naruke

Yep.

"Candidates may use any calculator allowed by the regulations of the Joint Council for Qualifications. Calculators must not have the facility for symbolic algebra manipulation, differentiation and integration, or have retrievable mathematical formulae stored in them."
Original post by Naruke
No it doesn't

show me these "ruIes"
Show me the email that says it's OK.
Reply 14
Original post by Naruke

Not allowed at my college.
Please don't - the A is hard enough for me to achieve it without people like you bringing in formulas in the calculators.
Reply 16
Original post by NickLCFC
Yep.

"Candidates may use any calculator allowed by the regulations of the Joint Council for Qualifications. Calculators must not have the facility for symbolic algebra manipulation, differentiation and integration, or have retrievable mathematical formulae stored in them."

You guys are aII incorrect and it's annoying because people Iike you who are not even 100% certain about the ruIes say it's not aIIowed then people assume it's not then are put at a disadvantage because they are afraid of buying one

I wiII tag an exams officer who has aIso said before these caIcs are fine

@tiny hobbit
Original post by Naruke
You guys are aII incorrect and it's annoying because people Iike you who are not even 100% certain about the ruIes say it's not aIIowed then people assume it's not then are put at a disadvantage because they are afraid of buying one

I wiII tag an exams officer who has aIso said before these caIcs are fine

@tiny hobbit

The actual calculator may not be against the rules, the fact that you have "retrievable mathematical formulae stored" in the calculator is, and if caught you would be disqualified.
Why are you asking if bringing in the formulas is allowed if you're going to insist it is?
Honestly, why ask if you're not even going to listen?
Reply 19
@Rimi28
@Tootles
@NickLCFC

CouId you aII read this throughIy and stop spouting nonsense. It's the invigiIators job to make sure I have wiped my caIc before the exam, if they don't know the ruIes, I don't see how I'm obliged to know the ruIes

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/subjects/mathematics.updates.html?article=/content/demo/en/news-policy/subject-updates/mathematics/use-of-calculators-in-the-summer-2016-exam-series&pageTypes=

Quick Reply

Latest