The Student Room Group

Official OCR Physics A G481 24th May June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Agent47_
Nice. I think i got 60/60 Raw.

Yeah hopefully I did too, maybe 57ish but hopefully near 90UMS. Need to get that high so I can afford to lose a bit on G484/5 and still get an A
Oh, and what was up with the "breaking stress" experiment? I had to rush like hell to do this one because I left it until after I'd checked the rest of the paper... Something to do with increasing the load until the plate fractured (using standard measurements)?
Reply 42
Original post by jadiowaves
Did anyone else get approx 23 cars for the motorcyclist jump question?

yeah I got 23, 42/1.8 or something
Original post by AlistairMcDonald
Oh no! I've just realised that the only people who are gonna be doing this exam are resitting! These grade boundaries gonna be rough!

I really hope they scale them based on data from last year (or at least with them in mind). It doesn't seem fair setting the grade boundaries using scores from 100% re-sitters... 2 years in the making, relatively we'll all have done ok 😂
Does anyone remember what happens to the force at X if the cyclists leans forward?
Overall good exam.
Original post by cookie_raider01
Does anyone remember what happens to the force at X if the cyclists leans forward?
Overall good exam.

pretty sure it decreases because distance has increased, moments stay the same so force decreases?
Reply 46
Original post by jadiowaves
I really hope they scale them based on data from last year (or at least with them in mind). It doesn't seem fair setting the grade boundaries using scores from 100% re-sitters... 2 years in the making, relatively we'll all have done ok 😂

Remember that you wont gen any geniuses resitting as they would have got high UMS last year, so that will hopefully lead to a positive impact on grade boundaries
yeah thanks alot.
Also, do you lose all four marks if you don't divide by 4 in the stress strain question where you had to work out the extension.
I didn't divide by four but could i pick up some method marks though?
Reply 48
I would've actually preferred the exam to be really hard. Easy exam means the smallest mistakes lose you big UMS. At least an A on it though I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
[video]https://youtu.be/ecyZSab1fKw[/video]
Reply 50
Reckon you'd get ecf in part 2 of the questions about the relationship between u and x. I put u=2x as opposed to u=x^2.
probably as you have calculated k wrong.
But you get 1 mark if you get the thinking distance correct.
Did you get 18 m as thinking distance?
Reply 52
Is there any unofficial mark scheme that will be made for this paper, if not what did you guys get for the extension of wires on the last question? I got 23 as it was asking for an answer in mm even though the information was given in metres
Reply 53
Original post by cookie_raider01
yeah thanks alot.
Also, do you lose all four marks if you don't divide by 4 in the stress strain question where you had to work out the extension.
I didn't divide by four but could i pick up some method marks though?

It all depends if dividing by four was an M1 mark, anything after that would've been lost but otherwise you'll get ecf marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by umarq786
Is there any unofficial mark scheme that will be made for this paper, if not what did you guys get for the extension of wires on the last question? I got 23 as it was asking for an answer in mm even though the information was given in metres

yes you had to convert into mm and the answer was 23mm
Reply 55
Original post by umarq786

It was 23 yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seemed pretty easy, 22.8 or something like that mm in the extension of the wires, and 22 motorbike could jump, 90m stopping distance ??? , 0.15 seconds of blood moving in arteries. 500 and something for the force upwards. Hoping for 55 or higher.
Original post by LukeJonno
Seemed pretty easy, 22.8 or something like that mm in the extension of the wires, and 22 motorbike could jump, 90m stopping distance ??? , 0.15 seconds of blood moving in arteries. 500 and something for the force upwards. Hoping for 55 or higher.

i got 23.3333 for cars, therefore the answer was 23 cars?
Reply 58
Original post by Agent47_
I thought it went well. Did anyone get approximately 23mm for the penultimate question?

Yeah I got that, thank god someone else out there's done the same as me
What did people get for the question about the heart and the time of the blood? I got 0.15s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending