The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA1 - 24 May 2016 - RESIT [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nerrad
https://quizlet.com/140227597/phya1-flash-cards/
A little something I've been working on. Since most of the questions are often repeated, here's some of the questions and the mark scheme I've composed since 3 days ago. Hope you guys will find this useful

Perfect !! .. Thank you so so much, this is awesome stuff :wink:
is a transition going up a energy level. or could it mean up and down?
Original post by Nerrad
https://quizlet.com/140227597/phya1-flash-cards/
A little something I've been working on. Since most of the questions are often repeated, here's some of the questions and the mark scheme I've composed since 3 days ago. Hope you guys will find this useful

Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 123
Good luck today everyone! Thank you very much Bilsonbubbles too for that awesome video! It helped a lot!!! Lets hope we don't get given questions about potato battery powered Teslas or i'm rage quitting! Good luck
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 124
Original post by Billsonbubbles
Perfect !! .. Thank you so so much, this is awesome stuff :wink:

just to make sure , the exam is in the morning , correct?
Reply 125
Original post by Exams987
just to make sure , the exam is in the morning , correct?

Yes :smile:
Reply 126
ai that was alright, first half of the exam was really easy IMO (particles etc). 6 marker and the last 2 questions were a bitch though
Thought it was quite nice apart from the heater quesion
Thought it was very easy up to Q5.
Heater question was a bitch
Can we get an unofficial ms going?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 130
Heater question destroyed me.. Want to cry

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was pretty easy, especially in comparison to the potato battery lol. I notice a large amount of AC current, probably because that isn't on the new AS syallabus so they wanted to exhaust the questions. How did everyone think it went?
Reply 132
Other than that was rather nice though.. Grade boundaries are going to be entertaining

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty glad I revised diodes last night at 2am...

What did you guys say particle X was?
I got 163 volts for the vrms in heater question, q6 and got around 3000 watts for the power in the next question any1 else got what I got?
Original post by Einstein1997
Pretty glad I revised diodes last night at 2am...

What did you guys say particle X was?

Pi 0 is the correct answer, I put K 0 incorrectly doh!
(edited 7 years ago)
I wrote particle X was a neutral meson with strangness k^0
Why was it a dot on the oscilloscope rather than a line? I think I misread the question and put because the battery provides a d.c current
Original post by ahlam H
I got 163 volts for the vrms in heater question, q6 and got around 3000 watts for the power in the next question any1 else got what I got?

229V and 19W I got haha maybe one of us is right
Original post by Goldfly
Why was it a dot on the oscilloscope rather than a line? I think I misread the question and put because the battery provides a d.c current

I wrote it provides a constant dc voltage and I guess you're right aswell

Quick Reply

Latest