The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA1 - 24 May 2016 - RESIT [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ahlam H
I wrote particle X was a neutral meson with strangness k^0

I wrote pi^0 because strangeness doesnt balance with k^0....
Original post by Einstein1997
Pretty glad I revised diodes last night at 2am...

What did you guys say particle X was?

Pi 0
Original post by Goldfly
Why was it a dot on the oscilloscope rather than a line? I think I misread the question and put because the battery provides a d.c current

Time base turned off. It said horizontal line not vertical.
Original post by Goldfly
Why was it a dot on the oscilloscope rather than a line? I think I misread the question and put because the battery provides a d.c current

I don't think you misread it because that's what I put
Time base turned off

That's what some people said. I don't remember the exact wording of the question because either could be right depending on if they meant vertical or horizontal line.
Reply 145
Anyone get neutral pion for X
Time base turned off. It said horizontal line not vertical.

No, if time base is turned off then it'd produce a vertical line, not a dot
Original post by CJWright97
K^0 i said

That's what I put but it was worth three marks and I drew a little table, don't know if that counts as working. What are the other 2 marks for as I thought 3 marks for that question was a little excessive if they only want you to find the particle.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Goldfly

Its a dot because no current was flowing (the switches were open) therefore there would be no line
I think it said that k- decayed so the strangeness was not conserved so i put pi 0
Original post by Shta15

yes
Its a dot because no current was flowing (the switches were open) therefore there would be no line

So many different answers?!
Reply 152
Original post by Nerrad
https://quizlet.com/140227597/phya1-flash-cards/
A little something I've been working on. Since most of the questions are often repeated, here's some of the questions and the mark scheme I've composed since 3 days ago. Hope you guys will find this useful

that was very useful, have you created one for unit 2 ?
Original post by Goldfly
So many different answers?!

If there was no current, wouldn't there be no dot at all? lol since no power is going through the oscilloscope

Thats what i put. If the switch was open then there couldnt have been a line
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kelvin1338
No, if time base is turned off then it'd produce a vertical line, not a dot

No, because a battery is d.c.

Battery is dc which gives a horizontal line if the time base is on.
Original post by Shta15

I did
No, because a battery is d.c.

oh nevermind i realised my mistake aha
Reply 158
Original post by Goldfly

I just said the oscilliscope was not connected to the cirucit as both switches were open.
What were the two reasons to have a low resistance? I got that one was to provide a high enough current for the oven to function but I was unsure about the other one.

Quick Reply

Latest