The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ___Sophie___
If a question uses scientific notation should your answer also use scientific notation?

Yes

Original post by Erin_2000
Do we get a relationship sheet?

Yes
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Yes

Yes

Ok thanks. Also if you got an answer like 21.224567 how many decimal places would it be rounded to?
Ok thanks. Also if you got an answer like 21.224567 how many decimal places would it be rounded to?

A sig fig range between 1-4 is acceptable, However I'd round to the amount that's in the question if you know what I mean.
Original post by A+Hunter
A sig fig range between 1-4 is acceptable, However I'd round to the amount that's in the question if you know what I mean.

Yeah ok thanks
Okay guys my teacher said that this example will most likely come up in the exam and you need to remember to do 5.0 - 1.6 = 3.4 and use that in the V=IR equation when the circuit is has an LED...

Do not use 1.6 alone

image.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
Also I confirmed that total internal reflection and critical angles arent in the exam @Ethan100
Also my teacher said to know how to label transistors and mosfets and know what voltage they may operate at and how its different from a switch
Transistors dont break a circuit when not active do they?
Also my teacher said to know how to label transistors and mosfets and know what voltage they may operate at and how its different from a switch

What is the operating voltage for a mosfet?
Original post by thomson521
Transistors dont break a circuit when not active do they?

Exactly what you need to know that they dont and a switch can, transistors are always "like closed switches but they operate electrically rather than manually. A switch you have to open and close yourself" - what my teacher said
What is the operating voltage for a mosfet?

It operates at 2.0V or above
It operates at 2.0V or above

Thanks
Good luck to everyone! Hopefully this exam goes great
Original post by A+Hunter
Good luck to everyone! Hopefully this exam goes great

Good luck! I'm quite nervous. Hope we all find it a straightforward paper. :biggrin:
Good luck everyone!!!!
good luck guys! eek I'm so nervous :frown:
Hey guys good luck in Nat 5!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yh it's an afternoon exam, forgot that.

Do not do wa=hat I did and misread the question. As a result of this, I am currently planning on the best method to commit
OMG!!

Amazing paper!!!
Apart from that silly metal stick question, didnt know what to answer for that??? Lmao :rofl:
My invigilator wouldnt let me take the multiple choice!!!

i have to trek to my science campus now to ask for it.
Invigilator can suck my ****

I always get the same invigilator and never lets me take the mc lol...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending