PhysicsNet
Particles & Radiation
Electromagnetic Radiation & Quantum Phenomena
Waves
Mechanics
Materials
Current Electricity

Physics and Maths Tutor
This is excellent, there are revision notes, summary sheets, questions from past exam papers separated by topic and other worksheets.

Module 1: Practical Skills in Physics
Module 2: Fundamental Data Analysis
Module 3: Physics in Action
Module 4: Understanding Processes

OCR Resources
Sample Paper
Specification

If anybody has access to the practice paper that they haven't released publicly, I think it would help people if they were posted.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did people find that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
much easier than the sample paper, it found it quite nice. How did you calculate the force in the collision?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by danigr
much easier than the sample paper, it found it quite nice. How did you calculate the force in the collision?

Agreed. I found the total momentum in the question before and divided by time

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was proper solidthat liark
Specimen paper was piss compared to that
Reply 5
For the last few multiple choice questions I kept finding myself putting B and D
I thought it was aite 👍 harder the one of the specimen papers but easier than the other
Might have scraped an E, gonna have to ace the depth exam
Reply 9
Got 24.63 for the velocity of the crash or something like that
Reply 10
In the question about the diods, how could you estimate the current?, I got first an estimate for the resistance of the diod (0.7) and then V=I/(R+0.7)
Reply 11
Did anybody get the 4 mark diode question towards the end? Wtf
Reply 12
Original post by Lion_E

I just evaluated it.
I had no time to do any calculation so I just talked about how the diodes would be used to dissipate additional power in the circuit.
Original post by danigr
In the question about the diods, how could you estimate the current?, I got first an estimate for the resistance of the diod (0.7) and then V=I/(R+0.7)

Can't remember but I got 12.5 ohms for the fixed resistor😁
Reply 14
Original post by Watevaidc
Can't remember but I got 12.5 ohms for the fixed resistor😁

Yes, 12.5 ohms
Original post by Lion_E

Apparently didoes only let current travel in one direction i didnt know that until after the exam...
I said the current would be higher in the diodes and not in the ammeter and did some calculations i just guessed.:s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by danigr
Yes, 12.5 ohms

To get the resistance of the diode I drew a triangle to get the gradient of the diode and then did 1/gradient to get the resistance (because the graph was I/V)
12.5 ohms for what?
What did u guys get for the wrecking ball question, I got 5600N for tension 2 and 3200N for the horizontal force, (the weight was 4600N)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest