The Student Room Group

AQA AS Spanish Essay Questions Predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theobsessedjuan
why was it fría not frió

Because agua is a feminine word. They use el agua because la agua doesn't sound right. It's las aguas
Original post by chazer154
It's agua frío because agua is masculine

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's 'el agua fría', it is en exception! Agua is always femenine, but it is 'el agua' to aviod confusion, when spoken, as 'La agua', if said very fast could be confused with something else!
The ones I could think of not sure what number they were

Vaya
Frío
Descubierto
Puso
Ningún
Conduzco
Tuvieron

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many marks was the first question?! 10 marks or so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Vaya
Frío
Descubierto
Puso
Ningún
Conduzco
Tuvieron

Posted from TSR Mobile

demasiada
This is a strange question but I wonder if someone could help. I did question 10 for the essay (on healthy living) and for some reason when I was talking about healthy diet for example, I kept on using la consumpcion instead of el consumo, I have no idea why, I used it about 6/7 times in the essay!! Otherwise I felt my essay was ok with examples etc commented on, will this error I made effect my content severely or just bring down accuracy do you think??
Original post by Ruperteee
This is a strange question but I wonder if someone could help. I did question 10 for the essay (on healthy living) and for some reason when I was talking about healthy diet for example, I kept on using la consumpcion instead of el consumo, I have no idea why, I used it about 6/7 times in the essay!! Otherwise I felt my essay was ok with examples etc commented on, will this error I made effect my content severely or just bring down accuracy do you think??

yeah same, I was putting salud instead of saludable the whole way through my essay and I probably used it at least 20 times!!!!! I'm stuffed
Original post by theobsessedjuan
yeah same, I was putting salud instead of saludable the whole way through my essay and I probably used it at least 20 times!!!!! I'm stuffed

Yeah I know the frustration! I'm normally so much better in essays! Well I'm hoping they'll only give me a bad accuracy mark cause I'm hoping they understand what I meant! Might ask my teacher... I hated that exam!!
Gonna deffo retake this and the speaking next year !
Original post by Nuestro rey
What did everybody think of the paper? It was generally pretty great, but I choosing between 'puso' and 'ponía' for the 70s question was difficult. I put the latter. Also a few questions on the phone-stealing question were kinda weird. The essays were just strange - advantages and disadvantages of living alone? Living a long life? The positive and negative influences of celebrities on youths? I liked Section A and don't think I dropped many marks; but section B wasn't so great. I did question 12.

I put pusieron, it was plural wasn't it? I swear it was "mis padres"?
In general I thought the paper was a dream but there are probably a few little mistakes I made! I know I wrote minusválidos as minus validos which I probably won't get a mark for, and the David/Hugo question was horrible- I ended up with 3 Ns? but in general is was ok, I loved the essay on longer lives!
What do you think the grade boundaries will be ?
last year it was 91- A 82-B
Is anyone going to put together an unofficial mark scheme at any point?

Vaya
Frío
Descubierto
Puso
Ningún
Conduzco
Tuvieron

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought for the si clause in the grammar section you had to use the imperfect subjunctive so I put tuvieran? Is that wrong? And I also put fría
Original post by Ruperteee
It should only affect your accuracy, unless the examiner is evil and does not stick to the mark scheme, but I doubt that
'tuvieran' was correct :smile:
Original post by student.1997
I thought for the si clause in the grammar section you had to use the imperfect subjunctive so I put tuvieran? Is that wrong? And I also put fría

ah crap, I thought the imperfect subjunctive conjugation was tuvieron but I just looked it up and you're right! Maybe my o will look like an a...?
Original post by BEARichards
I put pusieron, it was plural wasn't it? I swear it was "mis padres"?

i thought it was about fashion in the 70s lol idek what went on during that exam
Original post by zwatkins66
The one about living a long life, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah same! All the other people in my class did the celebrities one though

Vaya
Frío
Descubierto
Puso
Ningún
Conduzco
Tuvieron

Posted from TSR Mobile