The Student Room Group

Where should I start revising for in biology

My exam is on Thursday should i do past papers or revise. Im soo confused
I really need to get a good grade
AS resit? I have mine on Thursday and lucky for me I'm not going to uni so don't need to worry about it. I'd try the latest past paper (2015 or 2014- which ever is on the website) and use the mark scheme to check through your work and answers with that of the exam board. Colour coding is also really useful, what you remember in one colour and what is on the mark scheme in another etc. this will cover past papers and revising, you could even have a revision guide with you when doing the past paper if you want it to be more on the revising side
Absolute best method is to go through all the past papers and do it under timed conditions (after revising) then going through the mark schemes and see exactly what examiners are looking for. This is the last year before they completely change the exams, modules and content etc so luckily we have five years of past papers to go through. I find that i can revise it all inside out and be really confident, but then i can get terrible marks in the past papers because of the wording of the questions - that always messes me up - so knowing their language and question structure is essential i reckon !

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/biology-2410/past-papers-and-mark-schemes
Reply 3
Original post by casualsalmon
Absolute best method is to go through all the past papers and do it under timed conditions (after revising) then going through the mark schemes and see exactly what examiners are looking for. This is the last year before they completely change the exams, modules and content etc so luckily we have five years of past papers to go through. I find that i can revise it all inside out and be really confident, but then i can get terrible marks in the past papers because of the wording of the questions - that always messes me up - so knowing their language and question structure is essential i reckon !

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/biology-2410/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

Thanks I will do that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending