The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 1 WPH01 May June 2016 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

I found it easier than Jan. 2016.I left the spider question and the area under the graph(Work) and forgot to convert cm into m so I think I've lost 8 marks.Even with Mistakes I think I can afford to lose 25 marks total to get a 55.I think I'll get maybe a 57 when I strict checked my paper.The gb might be lower because many people around me found the paper to be hard/er than jan. 16 and didn't do so well.
Reply 101
anyone remeber the answer to that second last 4 mark question where we had to explain how to use the data to find viscosity ?
did u guys get 1.6 x 10^-3 for the diameter
Original post by 6rdjp8
anyone remeber the answer to that second last 4 mark question where we had to explain how to use the data to find viscosity ?

I wrote plot a graph of velocity against radius^2 then find the gradient of the graph, i conapred the eqution of v=2gr^2(density of solid-density of fluod)/9n then compare it with y=mx+c so the gradient will be equal to 2g(Ps-Pf) then substistute values and get viscosity.
what you guys explain about the effect of car's spring constant on bump road?
Apparently everyone wrote v against r^2.I wrote Force against 6xpixrxv,Straight line and find gradient. #Bravo
Original post by fatimafazlul
what you guys explain about the effect of car's spring constant on bump road?

I don't remember exactly but I wrote that the compression would be less so the driver may jump out of his seat a little and if the bump was big,The force could be large enough to cause him injury.
What was the freebody diagram and the equations of forces on the fly and spider?
i wrote, 'the spring will not deform easily to absorb impact force. so, the car will collide with bump on the road'. My sentence look ridiculous. what should be the exact answer?
(edited 7 years ago)
guys for the multiple choice what did you put for question about the vector diagrams
and about the kinetic energy being in mid height

For the Graphical method i wrote : 2rg(ps-pf) on y axis and 9v on x axis :biggrin: I used the equation eta= 2RG(PS-PF)/9v
Reply 110
Original post by Hamadtype-
guys for the multiple choice what did you put for question about the vector diagrams
and about the kinetic energy being in mid height

For the Graphical method i wrote : 2rg(ps-pf) on y axis and 9v on x axis :biggrin: I used the equation eta= 2RG(PS-PF)/9v

well for the vector diagram about tension i choose B
and i for kinetic energy i forgot xD
Original post by daddydevil
What was the freebody diagram and the equations of forces on the fly and spider?

free body diagram: msg downward and T1 upward equation: msg+mfg=T1+T2
free body diagram: msg downward and T1 upward equation: msg+mfg=T1+T2

You forgot T2 downwards on the diagram.
I'm not even sure about my answer but I think I'll get atleast 1/2 for that car bump question
Original post by 6rdjp8
well for the vector diagram about tension i choose B
and i for kinetic energy i forgot xD

sure about te answer ? cuz i remember the resultant force has to be opposite direction of the 2 forces and B were all the same direction
Original post by OnTheHorizon
You forgot T2 downwards on the diagram.

the question ask to draw free body force diagram on spider, diagram of the fly is already given
the question ask to draw free body force diagram on spider, diagram of the fly is already given

But T2 also acts on the spider.
Original post by Hamadtype-
sure about te answer ? cuz i remember the resultant force has to be opposite direction of the 2 forces and B were all the same direction

I think A and B were wrong.It was either C or D
Original post by OnTheHorizon
I think A and B were wrong.It was either C or D

I thought it was b or D but because b is the same direct as resultant force i cancelled it out so i was left out with D
Original post by wenogk
That question was weird what did you write, I'm afraid my answer is most probably wrong..
:kungfu: TAKE THAT EDEXCEL!

Im also afraid of my answer !!! (im serious) it was the weirdest one out of all #truethat

Quick Reply

Latest