It's a question that has come up before

And some of the answers are discussed on the previous pages

Thank you
How much would it be for an A roughly?
Easy no?

Grade boundaries will be like 50+ for an A :frown:
Reply 163
Original post by Reda2
Thank you, do you remember the marks for the question where you had to find the time as well?

And if you finished on time, how do you do it?

Skip the questions you find difficult and come back to them
Reply 164
Original post by _MAT_
Skip the questions you find difficult and come back to them

Thanks mate
What were the two conserved physical quantities in the inelastic collision (comet or whatever)? I think it was 1 mark, i knew momentum was one, I didn't put kintetic energy because its not conserved in inelastic collisions, so randomly put mass lol. I heard someone say it was momentum and total energy is that right?
Reply 166
Original post by JAFF2400
What were the two conserved physical quantities in the inelastic collision (comet or whatever)? I think it was 1 mark, i knew momentum was one, I didn't put kintetic energy because its not conserved in inelastic collisions, so randomly put mass lol. I heard someone say it was momentum and total energy is that right?

I don't remember there being a collision question? Are you talking about the old spec G481?
Reply 167
Original post by RBoss
That's a better way to phrase it - I just wrote down the first thing which sprang to mind because of the time rush. You had to state 2 things though

it was a 2 marker :3
Reply 168
Original post by _MAT_
I don't think weight is a typically accepted answer, usually it's velocity, cross-sectional area, air density/temperature and surface texture I think

tbh i remember talking about drag forces with my physics teacher who often goes often topic, and its the area and inertia (but inertia aint in alevel)
Original post by Yougo132
I'm so pissed with that extension question. I believe the answer is 23mm, but I decided to divide by four at the end :/

I did exactly the same I times the area by 4 to account for 4 wires but then I stupidly divided by 4 at the end so I got 1/4 of the answer. Hopefully it will only be 1 mark lost
Original post by _MAT_
I don't remember there being a collision question? Are you talking about the old spec G481?

no, the paper that was at 3 hours ago today. There was collision questions, even the one when the electron hit the carbon/hydrogen atom and you had to work out velocity
23mm, i got 2.3mm :frown: dunno how that happened
Reply 172
no, the paper that was at 3 hours ago today. There was collision questions, even the one when the electron hit the carbon/hydrogen atom and you had to work out velocity

Is this for AS?

was the paper 1 hr long?

lool definitely wrong spec bro
LOOOOOL sorry guys this is the old spec my bad. I sat the new spec (from 2015)
Is there one for G482??? :// Im so not ready for this
Reply 177
LOOOOOL sorry guys this is the old spec my bad. I sat the new spec (from 2015)

Ahahah thought you might have, hope your exam went well :smile:
Reply 178
Original post by Reda2
Thank you, do you remember the marks for the question where you had to find the time as well?

And if you finished on time, how do you do it?

it was 4 marks for that question

you were given YM, mass hence weight of container (massx9.81), number of cables, original length of cables, and cross section area of each cable.
i think YM was 2x10^11Pa, original length is 32m, dont quite remember the other values

so YM = ((F/4)/xsectionalArea)/(extension/32)
YM= (((F/4)/xsectionalArea)*32)/ extension [here is just a lot flippin around of numbers)
extension in meters = (((F/4)/xsectionalArea)*32)/YM
convert extension to mm
Original post by Louisb19
Easy no?

Grade boundaries will be like 50+ for an A :frown:

bruv. its not gonna 50+ for an A. chill.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending