The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 Physics Practical Exam 5th May 2016

Anyone else doing this exam on Thursday?
What are your predictions and how are you preparing?
Yes I'm doing it tomorrow! I'm hoping its on oscillations and electrical circuit but I have no clue for question 3 😦
Reply 2
Original post by rachael_nc
Yes I'm doing it tomorrow! I'm hoping its on oscillations and electrical circuit but I have no clue for question 3 😦

Lenses and capacitors haven't come up for a while!
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Who's done the electrical circuit task? I need help
Reply 4
Thoughts on today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Overall not too bad.. was a little unsure of the uncertainty question for the electrical circuit q though
What range did you get for values of Ln0, and uncertainty?
Reply 7
Original post by kitkat1498
Exp 1 - measuring the angle between two suspended spings attatched to a mass, and the length of each as the masses increased.
Exp 2 - LDR - measuring the current, when placing a glass plate on top of the LDR (under a light source) until 5 glass plates were on top.
Lots of uncertainty questions.
3. 9 mark planning and design (ball bearing in a bowl - oscillations)

what sort of questions come up in the part 3 planning and design,, anything hard we need to be made aware of.... the part 3 is always a struggle for me
Reply 8
Does anyone know that is doing this exam tomorrow do CCEA change the conntet much of this exam or is it the exact same as the one today?
Reply 9
Overall not too bad.. was a little unsure of the uncertainty question for the electrical circuit q though

19.61mA and +-0.27mA, what did you get?
How did everyone find the a21 exam today?
I didn't like the circular motion question. What points did you choose as most and least? And what did you get the nuclear density to be? Does anyone have a rough mark scheme?
Original post by skye_eve
How did everyone find the a21 exam today?
I didn't like the circular motion question. What points did you choose as most and least? And what did you get the nuclear density to be? Does anyone have a rough mark scheme?

I didn't like the circular motion either. The nuclear density is 2.3*10^17
Circular motion was horrible. I put B for most and A for least what about everyone else?
I thought the momentum question was fairly easy. Can't remember them all (feel free to fill in the gaps)
1)momentum of the 120kg rugby player
-P=MV =(120)(28.8×10^3÷3600)
2)final v =3.45
3) with second player, stopping force doubles, hence V is halved?
Circular motion question
-Really not sure here to be honest. Said that max deformation occured at C (bottom point) and minimum at B? (Although I think now that it was A).
Simple Harmonic - a=w^2x, where w=2pi/T
A at fixed point =0
(Can't remember next one)
Nuclear density - 3m/4 pi Ro^3 using data given in question. For some reason I got it to be 4.5 or something.
Speed of the neutron anybody?
Mass defect worked out to give 28.8 MeV I think.
E=MC^2 where E=energy, mass defect, and light in a vccuum.
Basic description of boyle's law experiment.
For the tyre question, P1/T1 =P2/T2, got secondary pressure to be 1059Kpa I think.
Basic description of protactinium expt with GM tube.
Angular velocity of the gymnast?
For the alpha decay, subtracted 4 from mass number and 2 from atomic number to calculate 75 proton and 80-something neutrons. DT reaction stuff was good I thought. JET fusion question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending