The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rflxvvrbs
Anyone doing drama blood brothers tomorrow?

I am!!
Reply 21
Original post by RJM1802
I'm also doing Inspector Calls, but i have Heaney and Hardy as my poetry theme :/

Yeah I'm doing Heaney and Hardy too. I want something easy like Wagtail and Baby!
Did anyone do the technology unit 1 exam today? If so, what did you think of it?
How did everyone find the drama paper? I predicted Linda for rehearsal methods, not Mrs Lyons! Overall it was okay though
Original post by T0ucan
Yeah I'm doing Heaney and Hardy too. I want something easy like Wagtail and Baby!

i think wagtail and baby and blackberry picking will come up (theme of nature) although they could be pricks and do wagtail and baby with an advancement of learning as well.
Original post by chloecam29
Did anyone do ICT or French last week? The French listening was a bit tricky- especially the last question, but I thought the ICT paper was okay

i did ict i didnt mind it but i didnt know what an actuator was and i definitely messed up the question on heating system.

((still dont understand how that blade managed to spend over £1000 on a birthday party))
How did everyone find the drama paper? I predicted Linda for rehearsal methods, not Mrs Lyons! Overall it was okay though

I thought the drama went good for me, I finished in time for once! I didn't revise Linda for costume or Mrs Lyons for rehearsal, but I sort of knew them ok. I think it's weird that Edward and Mickey have never come up for costume questions, though.
Original post by tearsforyears
i did ict i didnt mind it but i didnt know what an actuator was and i definitely messed up the question on heating system.

((still dont understand how that blade managed to spend over £1000 on a birthday party))

Same I had no clue what an actuator was!! Didn't get macro either

For the heating system I just kept repeating myself about ADC

Ahahha I know right and she went over budget too ahahh
How did people find geography. It was better than some of the past papers. Although, the one about the accuracy of a weather forecast was weird though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rflxvvrbs
I thought the drama went good for me, I finished in time for once! I didn't revise Linda for costume or Mrs Lyons for rehearsal, but I sort of knew them ok. I think it's weird that Edward and Mickey have never come up for costume questions, though.

yeah, i had predicted Mickey/Eddie for costume, Linda for Techniques & Facial expressions, but Mrs Lyons is easy enough and voice is easier than facial anyway
Any predictions for Blood Brothers & Heaney/Hardy?

I predicted Linda for rehearsal methods too! I was so prepared for her but Mrs Lyons went okay! How did you find it?
Original post by nmeechan
Any predictions for Blood Brothers & Heaney/Hardy?

heaney/hardy:
wagtail + baby and blackberry picky are most likely however it could also be
-at a potato digging + a sheep fair
-an advancement of learning + an august midnight
-thatcher + the old workman(really hope its this one)

blood brothers:
bit of a stab in the dark but
-how far would you agree that mrs j/ mrs l/ linda is a pitable character
-how far would you agree the class caused the twins friendship to fail/ twins deaths?
Original post by stripedfan
Did anyone do the technology unit 1 exam today? If so, what did you think of it?

I did! I thought it was okay, a few questions I just had to guess though
What about you??
Original post by cara1999
I predicted Linda for rehearsal methods too! I was so prepared for her but Mrs Lyons went okay! How did you find it?

I thought it went well overall!! I predicted facial expression but was quite happy with voice tbh
Yeah for Mrs Lyons I did flashback improv to when she got told she couldn't have a child and thought tracking when she found Eddie's locket! We definitely need more time though like even an extra 10 minutes it's always a rush
Original post by nmeechan
yeah, i had predicted Mickey/Eddie for costume, Linda for Techniques & Facial expressions, but Mrs Lyons is easy enough and voice is easier than facial anyway

Yes I thought it would be facial too!! Was quite happy with voice though
Always a rush to get it finished tbh!
Is anyone doing history unit 1 (higher) on 6th June and unit 2 (higher) on 14th June?? If so, how is your revision going because I am slowly losing motivation lmao
im doing history unit 2, i made revision notes ages ago but havent done anything since. im dreading the exam, cant do sources at all!!
Original post by tearsforyears
im doing history unit 2, i made revision notes ages ago but havent done anything since. im dreading the exam, cant do sources at all!!

The only thing i can remember clearly about the Cold War is Vietnam and only because we spent ages on it for the controlled assessment! In my school we do all our modules (minus the sciences) in our last year of GCSEs so it's double the work for me :frown:
Original post by MeganMcAlister
The only thing i can remember clearly about the Cold War is Vietnam and only because we spent ages on it for the controlled assessment! In my school we do all our modules (minus the sciences) in our last year of GCSEs so it's double the work for me :frown:

eww thats disguisting i would not be able to cope with learning northern ireland all over again, such a long boring course. the america in the 1920s part isnt too bad though.

Quick Reply

Latest