The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA1 - 24 May 2016 - RESIT [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Overall I'm guessing it'll be 55-56 for an A, the paper was really quite nice.
Original post by Einstein1997
R decreases as V increases.

Original post by TheLifelessRobot
I got the exact same I'm pretty sure it's right.

Original post by TajwarC
That's what I thought

Oh good. I was panicing lol.
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
Overall I'm guessing it'll be 55-56 for an A, the paper was really quite nice.

Agree, although I wouldn't be surprised it was 57. I did say in an earlier post 55-58 but 58 just seems too high regardless of how "easy" the paper is
Hope the paper went alright for everyone, good luck with the rest of your exams and results :smile:
Original post by Einstein1997
R decreases as V increases.

I didn't read the question correctly. Such an easy mark gone ffs

Original post by TajwarC
Agree, although I wouldn't be surprised it was 57. I did say in an earlier post 55-58 but 58 just seems too high regardless of how "easy" the paper is

I know last year's paper was harder than this year's one but you could get an A with just 49 last year, surely they can't bump it up by 8 marks? I don't recall this ever happening in the past. I am hoping 54-55 to be the A threshold which is still a 5-6 marks jump from last year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CourtlyCanter
I didn't read the question correctly. Such an easy mark gone ffs

I know last year's paper was harder than this year's one but you could get an A with just 49 last year, surely they can't bump it up by 8 marks? I don't recall this ever happening in the past. I am hoping 54-55 to be the A threshold.

Neither do I but I've seen the boundaries as high as 57 (June 13). I think June 13 and 16 are roughly comparable in difficulty, maybe June 13 is a little more difficult but at the same time, remember most people doing this exam would have been resitting it. Not to mention, generally people get better at exams the longer the spec has been in place (we had the most past papers to practice with)

But hey, I wouldn't complain if it was 55 for an A!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TajwarC
Neither do I but I've seen the boundaries as high as 57 (June 13). I think June 13 and 16 are roughly comparable in difficulty, maybe June 13 is a little more difficult but at the same time, remember most people doing this exam would have been resitting it. Not to mention, generally people get better at exams the longer the spec has been in place (we had the most past papers to practice with)

But hey, I wouldn't complain if it was 55 for an A!

Yea coming back to my point from last night. There's no 'buffering' for us this year. :frown:
how many marks was the part of the question where the answer was 228v worth and also the power one after that and the final internal resistance question?
Does anyone know what the questions were on the backside of the paper
Original post by Jonah1958
how many marks was the part of the question where the answer was 228v worth and also the power one after that and the final internal resistance question?

Original post by Lawliettt

ok thanks
Original post by Examguy123
Does anyone know what the questions were on the backside of the paper

you talking about question 8 on resistivity??
Yes!!!!! I got 89 electrons :u: could you remind me what the question before it was?

Forget about question 6 for a minute, everyone got 89 electrons in question 1 right? And im hoping no one accidentally worked out specific charge for the question before it
Resistivity? Which one was that?
you talking about question 8 on resistivity??
Yes!!!!! I got 89 electrons :u: could you remind me what the question before it was?

i think they asked the charge of the nucleus so 92 x 1.6......etc
i think they asked the charge of the nucleus so 92 x 1.6......etc

Ahhh yaeh thanks just slipped my mind
Resistivity? Which one was that?

just kidding, the internal resistance was last question :wink:
Forget about question 6 for a minute, everyone got 89 electrons in question 1 right? And im hoping no one accidentally worked out specific charge for the question before it

I got 3 electrons...Because I thought it looked easy and didn't pay attention...
just kidding, the internal resistance was last question :wink:

Phew had me worried there for a second:biggrin: was this the same question with the occiliscope around the power supply?
Original post by jonny7bell
I got 3 electrons...Because I thought it looked easy and didn't pay attention...

You would still get method marks though

Quick Reply

Latest