The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alien Warrior
No mate, I thinks it's because theres zero evidence for God chap.

Mate, Much though I generally respect most opinions even those which I disagree with it appears you're pushing an anti-theist agenda on TSR today by posting a whole load of provocative and un-informed questions. I'll politely suggest you read up on your subject before these posts. Here is a book that would be worth a read (If you cannot afford it for whatever reason, IM me and I'll order you a copy). It was written by an Atheist about Jesus. Only by the time this Athiest had finished researching he had realised there was a lot more solid evidence for God's existence than he'd first realised. It says it would take more blind faith for him to remain an atheist.
Original post by AlphaWolfZ
I don't know about the same time? Weren't animals and the earth created way before Adam and Eve in the Scriptures, there was a time frame between Adam and the creation of the world and it's fauna.

The order of creation according to Genesis is exactly like the order of creation according to Darwin, however Genesis is understandably less detailed.
Reply 22
Billions of people in the world believe in this nonsense, so I find it interesting.

So from your point of view, the way you like to spend free time is reading up on, in your opinion, nonsense. You should get a different hobby
yep dinosaurs existed 65 million years before Adam (as) and there is nothing in Islam that contradicts this
???

Because both books are written by human, which they had not seen any?
the Dinosaurs were mentioned in a lost book of the Old Testament.
There's been 200 million to and over 4 billion species of animals. Let's not go there.
At the time of the writing of the Bible/Quran did anyone actually know what a dinosaur was explicitly? I wouldn't think so given humans didn't know up until relatively recently in human history right?
tbh, do you all not think that dinosaurs died out thousands of years before the events in the Bible or Quaran took place? Cos I dont remember Jesus being a caveman...
Reply 29
WOW.

A lot of you guys are really ignorant.

1. The Bible would never mention the word "Dinosaur" because the term dinosaur which translates to Big lizard or great Lizard was coined by a man in 1848 called Richard owen, the King James version of the Bible was written in 1611.

2. Prior to the word dinosaur being in our dictionaries, dinosaurs were referred to as Dragons, and the word dragon was used over 40 times in the Bible, popularly in the book Of Job were God talks about Leviathan which was most likely a dinosaur.

So in short all the assumptions on this thread are nothing short of nonsense.
Original post by Listers
WOW.

A lot of you guys are really ignorant.

1. The Bible would never mention the word "Dinosaur" because the term dinosaur which translates to Big lizard or great Lizard was coined by a man in 1848 called Richard owen, the King James version of the Bible was written in 1611.

2. Prior to the word dinosaur being in our dictionaries, dinosaurs were referred to as Dragons, and the word dragon was used over 40 times in the Bible, popularly in the book Of Job were God talks about Leviathan which was most likely a dinosaur.

So in short all the assumptions on this thread are nothing short of nonsense.

thanks, wasn't aware of that stuff in particualr but great point!
Incidently another proof of gods existence, since otherwise they wouldn't have had knowledge of the dragons/dinosaurs!
Reply 31
Original post by Rsoane101
thanks, wasn't aware of that stuff in particualr but great point!
Incidently another proof of gods existence, since otherwise they wouldn't have had knowledge of the dragons/dinosaurs!

Job 41:19 clearly talks about Leviathan being a fire breathing dragon which was written 4,000 years ago, Ofcourse God exists.
Original post by Listers
Job 41:19 clearly talks about Leviathan being a fire breathing dragon which was written 4,000 years ago, Ofcourse God exists.

I wasn;t saying he doesn't! I was saying that its another thing which supports his existence, and says that it takes more "Blind Faith" to say that there is no God!!
Reply 33
Original post by Rsoane101
I wasn;t saying he doesn't! I was saying that its another thing which supports his existence, and says that it takes more "Blind Faith" to say that there is no God!!

I'm on your side.

There are many things that support the existence of God.
Original post by Defraction
Dinosaurs are made by society like how society says 7 million Jews died when only less than a million died. This is why you shouldn't trust no-one, I don't even trust my friend to get me a toilet paper to clean my ****.

Spoiler

Oh, you're a denier are you?
Original post by Tootles
Oh, you're a denier are you?

I guess but I believe in Satan so that's alright:tongue:
Reply 36
Original post by fatimah9
yep dinosaurs existed 65 million years before Adam (as) and there is nothing in Islam that contradicts this

Utter nonsense.
Original post by Listers
Utter nonsense.

So, dragons exist? Hmmm..
Reply 38
Allah Almighty did mention dinosaurs in the Noble Quran. While the word "dinosaurs" is a modern word that refers to the gigantic animals that existed perhaps millions of years ago, Allah Almighty referred to all created "beasts" as "dabbah".

A "dabbah" in the Noble Quran consists of all animals, including the dinosaurs.

"Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which God Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise. (The Noble Quran, 2:164)"

"He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs. (The Noble Quran, 31:10)"

Notice in Noble Verse 31:10, Allah Almighty said that He created the mountains to prevent the earth from shaking (which had been scientifically proven to be true and then after that He, the Almighty, created beasts and scattered them throughout the land.

These first beasts that were created before mankind are what we call today "dinosaurs".

http://www.answering-christianity.com/dinosaurs.htm
- loads of other sources seem to be saying the same thing

hmmm
They were written by people who knew nothing about the existence of dinosaurs.

Latest

Trending

Trending