The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 1 WPH01 May June 2016 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

It was a 50-50 paper..better than the one in Jan I guess.. what do you guys think about the grade boundary this year?
Original post by wenogk
I cant remember exactly what I wrote. Something like: Increase in angle theta would result in a lower horizontal force because Tcos(theta) would reduce hence low/no resultant force horizontally on the pole so little/no acceleration of the pole horizontally... And I wrote some jack sh*t about the vertical getting larger as angle increases Tsin(theta) ..

I hope that this is correct cuz my answer was similar!
Original post by Einsteinj.n.r
It was a 50-50 paper..better than the one in Jan I guess.. what do you guys think about the grade boundary this year?

Better than the jan one?! The Jan one was better than this!
Original post by hasi.99
Better than the jan one?! The Jan one was better than this!

Well this paper had some questions that had something to do with mechanics.. like the spider and fly question... easy 5 marks fam:smile: but it was kinda hard tho
Well this paper had some questions that had something to do with mechanics.. like the spider and fly question... easy 5 marks fam:smile: but it was kinda hard tho

Yea true that, i agree with you
Original post by hasi.99
Yea true that, i agree with you

do you think they'll set the grade boundaries high??

I agree.It was easier than Jan. for me.But many found it harder so I think Boundary will be at 52-53
do you think they'll set the grade boundaries high??

Since most of the people found it slightly challenging there is a small possibility of them setting a lower grade boundary.
Original post by OnTheHorizon
I agree.It was easier than Jan. for me.But many found it harder so I think Boundary will be at 52-53

Damn im getting scared already cause I left out almost 18mks.. plus the ones i'll definetly lose.. for me to score an A, then I must lose no more than 27mks:frown:
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
i got 7 ms-2

I got -7.21:-) its negative cause of the direction of acceleration which is downwards
Original post by Sunethra
For steel I said steel has high tensile strength..etc. Is that okay?
I was so freaked out during the exam. I was so stressed and all my classmates found the paper hard. I'm so scared, I'm so scared of a B

that's not right bro... steel is a stiff material hence resists changes to both its size and shape
I found it easier than Jan. 2016.I left the spider question and the area under the graph(Work) and forgot to convert cm into m so I think I've lost 8 marks.Even with Mistakes I think I can afford to lose 25 marks total to get a 55.I think I'll get maybe a 57 when I strict checked my paper.The gb might be lower because many people around me found the paper to be hard/er than jan. 16 and didn't do so well.

Where we had to convert cm to metres?
Original post by Sunethra
For steel I said steel has high tensile strength..etc. Is that okay?
I was so freaked out during the exam. I was so stressed and all my classmates found the paper hard. I'm so scared, I'm so scared of a B

If you don't mind me asking.What's so bad about a B?
that's not right bro... steel is a stiff material hence resists changes to both its size and shape

It was ductile so streched in to wires and rods
Original post by MrBioBombastic
Where we had to convert cm to metres?

The ball question 2nd part.Horizontal velocity.
If you don't mind me asking.What's so bad about a B?

Lol B will be at like 44 etc
Original post by MrBioBombastic
Lol B will be at like 44 etc

So? It'll still be 84/120 in UMS
Who thinks this paper was messed up? Cause it was no ordinary paper
Original post by Phantom7420
Who thinks this paper was messed up? Cause it was no ordinary paper

I do think its messed up, but however it doesnt have alot of hard questions it has low density of hard questions but they are so hard :biggrin: , others are easy and free marks i hope.
What was the answer for the second part in the photograph of the ball...and how was it supposed to be done?

Quick Reply

Latest