The Student Room Group

A-level english lit and history students!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which has more in terms of workload-A-level english literature or A-level history?
Reply 1
History, I'm doing PRE-U English Lit but my friend is doing both at the same time and although she finds history very interesting, she's always frustrated about the amount of work she has.
history
Original post by K2G
History, I'm doing PRE-U English Lit but my friend is doing both at the same time and although she finds history very interesting, she's always frustrated about the amount of work she has.

ohh interesting- as in the amount of coursework?
Original post by mughushed
history

Is the exam difficult too or is it just the amount of coursework?
Reply 5
Depends on how much homework your teacher gives you and how invested you are in the subject. With history you would probably spend some time doing essays at home; for lit you'd likely have to sit and go through your anthologies... It all depends. Both are about the same really, although arguably more reading to be done for literature. They same amount could be done for history too though.
Original post by ihatehistory123
Is the exam difficult too or is it just the amount of coursework?

there's no coursework for AS level, so i can't tell you about that yet, but i don't think the exams are difficult per say, exam technique in history isn't incredibly different from GCSE. However the sheer amount of content is where the real difficulty lies - but if you have an interest in it, it makes it 10x easier (of course)!
I think it's the same. They are both heavy.

On a weekly basis for Literature it's the amount of reading and analysis you have to do

For History, on a weekly basis, it's the amount of essays you have to do. At least twice a week, it's ridiculous. But it's not too bad because most prep is done in class, and then you're just often have to literally write the essay at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending