The Student Room Group

24th May 2016, Physical Education AQA AS Level exam.

I haven't found any forums for this exam! My absolute favourite subject; how is everyone coping?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
hey guys anyone got any predictions for the PHED 1 pe aqa paper tomorrow??
i'm thinking things that havnt come up in a while, such as:
bohr shift, gaseous exchange, blood vessel characteristics, cardiac cycle myogenic etc, starlings law

open/close loop, stm,ltm memory selective attention, learning plataeus, schema and goal setting

school provisions, women and participation, N.C, volunteer sector
How did you find the exam?
Reply 4
Yea it was overall good. A bit off putting with the weird changes to the layout of the 2016 papers as well as the multiple choice questions at the beginning though.

Only question that really caught me by surprise was the Sportivate one. The 12 marker on FITT principle and the advantages and disadvantages of extrinsic feedback ok was second half a little more difficult.

Thoughts anyone??
(edited 7 years ago)
Im soooo happy with the exam :biggrin: couldnt have been better for me especially question 7
Reply 6
What did you put for q7?
Any unofficial mark schemes?
Reply 8
Original post by emanny
What did you put for q7?

i just explained each FITT principle and then said how you would apply it to a programme by giving examples e.g

"in order to apply the the principle of time, you could slowly being by increasing how long you train for, for example start off having 45min session then progressing to 1hr sessions, helping to increase work capacity"

Then i tried my best to write about disadvantages and advantages to extrinsic feedback, i think i did ok, im hoping for atleast 8-10 on Q7...
Reply 9
Original post by 11aliw
i just explained each FITT principle and then said how you would apply it to a programme by giving examples e.g

"in order to apply the the principle of time, you could slowly being by increasing how long you train for, for example start off having 45min session then progressing to 1hr sessions, helping to increase work capacity"

Then i tried my best to write about disadvantages and advantages to extrinsic feedback, i think i did ok, im hoping for atleast 8-10 on Q7...

The feedback part was quite difficult. Haven't seen anything about advantages or disadvantages on feedback in notes or the book but overall I think it was ok/good.
does anyone know if there's an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 11
Original post by emanny
The feedback part was quite difficult. Haven't seen anything about advantages or disadvantages on feedback in notes or the book but overall I think it was ok/good.

Yea I agree nothing like that before ever.
Not quite sure about the paper, was I the only one who was reading it thinking it's too good to be true? It just seemed like AQA were being too generous, either high grade boundaries or a strict market scheme!!
Reply 13
Original post by Thai Silvera
Not quite sure about the paper, was I the only one who was reading it thinking it's too good to be true? It just seemed like AQA were being too generous, either high grade boundaries or a strict market scheme!!

Worryingly couldn't agree more
Last year was a hard paper and the A was highest it had ever been (61). In comparison this was much easier meaning their much more likely to put grade boundaries high.
The 12 marker was easy you gained 6 marks off advantages and disadvantages of extrinsic feedback. And 4 marks for the FITT principle and the last two was for Progressive overload and Adaptation. Just like Jan 2012 12 marker. Although I made a rookie error and but bmi calculates fat 😂😂
Reply 16
Was the memory question on the short term sensory store or the short term memory? Cant remember
Reply 17
Original post by CTID99
Was the memory question on the short term sensory store or the short term memory? Cant remember

STSS
Reply 18
Original post by Nathan2711
Last year was a hard paper and the A was highest it had ever been (61). In comparison this was much easier meaning their much more likely to put grade boundaries high.

Apart from the plane and axis question i thought last years was alright and had unusually low grade boundaries
Reply 19
Can someone tell me what BMI calculates

Quick Reply

Latest