The Student Room Group

Official OCR Physics A G481 24th May June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by sh4shayan
Man ... Last year the answer to question one for labeling axis when gradient is equal to K was force and Length not extension ... Wtf so i thought its gonna br force per unit length rather than extension !

It's different when it's on a graph
Reply 201
Original post by thad33
I'd say around that as well. A standard paper is about 46 isn't it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah between 45-46
Man ... Last year the answer to question one for labeling axis when gradient is equal to K was force and Length not extension ... Wtf so i thought its gonna br force per unit length rather than extension !

It's because on that graph, they tried to catch people out. That gradient was still extension.
Is there an unofficial mark scheme link anywhere? Thank you :smile:
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
x proportional to u^2 because braking distance is proportional speed^squared

It came up in many past papers before and was mentioned in mark schemes!

Darn, I put that originally but then changed it for reasons unknown 😂
Reply 205
Original post by Asiimov
Darn, I put that originally but then changed it for reasons unknown 😂

Was the answer u^2 proportional to 12x or something?
So do you reckon you got 59/60 :tongue:
Original post by CameronSmith08
I did exactly the same I times the area by 4 to account for 4 wires but then I stupidly divided by 4 at the end so I got 1/4 of the answer. Hopefully it will only be 1 mark lost

That's exactly what I done, I thought it made sense in my head but thinking about it now it's so annoying as I know that them marks could cost me

That's because the graph didn't start at the origin. The graph started at the point of extension so the axis was length on that graph (the part before the line was the original length). If the graph starts at the origin then the axis is extension.
I f*cking ran out of time again.....
Probably got 42/60, I just need a B for this paper
Reply 211
Original post by EpicNameBro
I f*cking ran out of time again.....
Probably got 42/60, I just need a B for this paper

Same here but I dont just need B on this lol, need to make it up in the next one which meand I can only afford to lose 30 marks, which is not bad. Why do you just need B?
Original post by Reda2
Same here but I dont just need B on this lol, need to make it up in the next one which meand I can only afford to lose 30 marks, which is not bad. Why do you just need B?

EWP is a nice paper for UMS. You can like 95% from dropping 30 marks
so what are we saying for 80/90 UMS then?
I see the google docs unofficial mark scheme came along nicely then...

Spoiler

Maybe we can use another place to do it? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Who is working on an unofficial mark scheme?
For the graph drawing question I did a line linearly decreasing and meeting the axis at the time when the acceleration was 0.

Was this correct?
Original post by Louisb19
For the graph drawing question I did a line linearly decreasing and meeting the axis at the time when the acceleration was 0.

Was this correct?

No because when the resultant force was in terminal velocity it was a parallel line to the axis. The line was a reflection to the line on the graph above
Original post by tripleseven
I see the google docs unofficial mark scheme came along nicely then...

Spoiler

Maybe we can use another place to do it? :smile:

where is the unofficial MS?
Original post by neyjunior
where is the unofficial MS?

its not created yet

Quick Reply