The Student Room Group

Official OCR Physics A G481 24th May June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abb97
No because when the resultant force was in terminal velocity it was a parallel line to the axis. The line was a reflection to the line on the graph above

Wasn't the first one velocity though?
Original post by Louisb19
Wasn't the first one velocity though?

even so the velocity is proportional to the resultant force because as the velocity decreases drag is increasing therefore the resultant for is decreasing
Original post by Abb97
even so the velocity is proportional to the resultant force because as the velocity decreases drag is increasing therefore the resultant for is decreasing

Yes but acceleration is the rate of change of velocity. If you differentiate a parabola you get a straight line.

I can see what you are saying don't get my wrong, I was just wondering if it would be a curve or a straight line. It really depends on the exact equation of the line (which I thought would be a parabola), for this reason I would bet that both would be accepted.
Original post by Abb97
its not created yet

I found one on here literally 2 hours after I finished the exam but then looked for it now and can't find it 😣
Yes but acceleration is the rate of change of velocity. If you differentiate a parabola you get a straight line.

I can see what you are saying don't get my wrong, I was just wondering if it would be a curve or a straight line. It really depends on the exact equation of the line (which I thought would be a parabola), for this reason I would bet that both would be accepted.

yh i see what you mean aswell the questions were too vague i know
Is teachercol going to make one?
Original post by Abb97
yh i see what you mean aswell the questions were too vague i know

Anyway good luck on G484 and G485!

How is your Physics revision coming along?
58/59 for a B 70 for an A:angry:, you guys are bunch of normies.
Original post by Abb97

Drag is proportional to velocity squared so I think it would be a curved decrease.

So are you saying you think the graph would have been a straight line?
Original post by ludd-sama
So are you saying you think the graph would have been a straight line?

Yes, that is what I'm thinking however it is hard to get the exact equation of the line in the velocity graph so you don't know for sure.

If the velocity graph was a parabola (which it appeared to be to me) then it would be a straight line.
Original post by EpicNameBro
Is teachercol going to make one?

yes - I've done the paper. I'll type up my answers this eve.
Pretty straightforward I thought. My students liked the paper - especially compared to the breadth paper!
Original post by teachercol
yes - I've done the paper. I'll type up my answers this eve.
Pretty straightforward I thought. My students liked the paper - especially compared to the breadth paper!

Awesome, thanks!
Anyway good luck on G484 and G485!

How is your Physics revision coming along?

not too bad tbh but i could've been more consistent
Reply 234
Original post by Siddhart1998
idk previous ms allowed like 5 different stuff for factors affecting drag for some other papers. i put down top 2 which came into my head ahah

they usually allow viscosity of air but then realised both objects fall through the same fluid so knowing the pricks that are OCR probably wont be allowed lol.
(i put speed and frontal area exposed to air)
Original post by AlistairMcDonald
For the crane question with 4 wires? I think it increased

YM is constant.
Ok so i got the relationship between x and v wrong. I put v=2x . Would i get ecf and get 3/3 on part 2 ? Thanks in advance
Original post by Daribig
Ok so i got the relationship between x and v wrong. I put v=2x . Would i get ecf and get 3/3 on part 2 ? Thanks in advance

probably not, that was the whole point of the question
How many makrs do u reckon i'd get? 0/3?
Hopefully i'll get atleast 1 mark, i caluclated the stoppijg distance correcrtly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending