The Student Room Group

Want this guy to leave me alone

Roughly 5 years ago I started seeing this guy (who also happens to be my ex's good friend) but nothing was ever official. We just used to meet up and chill out, have sex, and go home, but we still spoke every day and we were exclusive (so more than FWB but a bit less than a full blown relationship). We never spoke about being in a relationship and it's something that wouldn't have worked. Then, I began to really like him but I realised he was too immature and I moved on - then he told me he loved me. He kept bugging me and eventually, as I was going through a rough time in my life, I decided to meet him as I felt I needed the companionship. Stupidly, we ended up sleeping together again and a cycle repeated until I eventually moved away for uni. He also told me during this period that he did used to like me a lot but when I moved on from him he was put off and so didn't like me as much and couldn't see a relationship working. I was heartbroken at the time.

Fast forward 5 years and I don't have any feelings for him anymore, but it seems he has developed some for me. Last year he messaged me telling me he thinks about me all the time and that he would understand if I didn't want anything to do with him but that he really likes me. I told him I wasn't interested, but then he added me on snapchat and just the other day he has super liked me on tinder. I still have him on FB but I'm in the right mind to delete him as I find his behaviour a bit stalker like and I feel really uncomfortable. I just think, it's way too late for him to be saying all this to me since he treated me very badly before and was full of empty promises. I don't like him whatsoever anymore.

Should I delete him off FB, just as a kind of clean slate? I find that whenever he messages me or follows me on a social media platform it just reminds me of how he behaved with me previously and it really bugs me.
no
Reply 2
Original post by IAmYourdog
no

Lol,why not?
Original post by Anonymous
Lol,why not?
If you had to ask strangers off the internet then you obviously still have feelings for him.
Reply 4
If you had to ask strangers off the internet then you obviously still have feelings for him.

You're wrong. I'm just considering whether or not to get a restraining order put against him.
I think you should delete him, if you have no interest in him and you think he's being inappropriate then there's no reason for you to keep him on FB.
Block him if you have no interests in him
Stop all communication with him and remove him from all social media. That should make your feelings as clear as a clean window to him.
Just explain to him you arent interested, have moved on and wish him well.
Delete him from social media.
Maybe ask your ex to tell his friend you dont want anything to do with the other guy (if you are on ok terms) and he's not to contact you.
If he doesnt take the hint, then go to the police.. You will need evidence.
You're wrong. I'm just considering whether or not to get a restraining order put against him.

Well there was no mention of that in the OP, but whether you should delete him off facebook.
If he's making you uncomfortable and you have no feelings for him why are you asking for advice from strangers, pretty obvious what you should do if your being honest with yourself.
Reply 10
Tell him you're not interested and then delete him before he can say anything.
Well there was no mention of that in the OP, but whether you should delete him off facebook.
If he's making you uncomfortable and you have no feelings for him why are you asking for advice from strangers, pretty obvious what you should do if your being honest with yourself.

Because I wasn't sure if I was being unreasonable, and the same people many other people ask strangers for advice on this forum.
Because I wasn't sure if I was being unreasonable, and the same people many other people ask strangers for advice on this forum.

I know and I give them the same response :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending