The Student Room Group

What A-levels should I take to study dentistry?

Hi I need to decide what A-levels to take for dentistry. So far I know that I need to take Bio and Chem. I want to take maths with them too but I am unsure about my fourth option. I want to take an easy subject and so far I have these subjects in mind but can't decide which one to take:
>Economics
>Product Design
>Sociology
>Psychology
>Business Studies

Which one of these would be most suitable to take if I wanted to apply at Queen Mary or Kings College????
Original post by smhn
Hi I need to decide what A-levels to take for dentistry. So far I know that I need to take Bio and Chem. I want to take maths with them too but I am unsure about my fourth option. I want to take an easy subject and so far I have these subjects in mind but can't decide which one to take:
>Economics
>Product Design
>Sociology
>Psychology
>Business Studies

Which one of these would be most suitable to take if I wanted to apply at Queen Mary or Kings College????

I think it won't make too much of a difference considering your other three are perfect. Do you know which one you would potentially enjoy the most? :smile: how easy a subject is can be very dependent on how much you enjoy it and are willing to work for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Changing Skies
I think it won't make too much of a difference considering your other three are perfect. Do you know which one you would potentially enjoy the most? :smile: how easy a subject is can be very dependent on how much you enjoy it and are willing to work for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But that's the problem - I find all of them interesting which is why I am confused. Also I have no clue on how they will actually turn out to be....Aren't any of the subjects I listed even a little beneficial for dentistry???
I would take Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry and then whichever fourth subject you will enjoy the most and find less demanding.
Original post by smhn
>Economics
>Product Design
>Sociology
>Psychology
>Business Studies

Both my parents are dentists and I reckon Business Studies would be the most helpful because it might not have much to do with the stuff you'll be doing at first but when you're older you'll probably stop doing so much work with patients and have to do more work to do with the company which is what's happening to my parents at the moment and they've had to learn a bunch of stuff that would come under business studies anyway I think. So yeah it might not have much to do with getting into the school you want but it would probably make you more employable afterwards your other options sound really good anyway
Reply 5
Original post by smhn
>Economics
>Product Design
>Sociology
>Psychology
>Business Studies

i wanna do the same
Going to do bio chem maths and economics
Reply 6
Original post by dance25
i wanna do the same
Going to do bio chem maths and economics

Are you taking it as the "easy subject" or are you actually interested in it? What made you choose economics?
for anything related to medical including dentristry you have to take either chemistry or physics, biology isn't that relevant funnily enough
Original post by retro_turtles
for anything related to medical including dentristry you have to take either chemistry or physics, biology isn't that relevant funnily enough

*dentistry
Reply 9
Original post by smhn
Are you taking it as the "easy subject" or are you actually interested in it? What made you choose economics?

As far as I've heard economics isn't an easy subject 😂
I'm doing it because I'm interested in it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest