The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hehexd
regarding the hypothesis was it one tailed or two tailed?

this was like an exact question in a specimen paper
you could put any type of hypothesis as it didn't specify so it's a really easy 3 marks
you have to state clearly whats being measured though to secure the full 3 marks
for example saying "the number of _____ will/wont be ______ than the number of _______" blahblahblah

so it could've been null/directional/non-directional
all of which could've got you marks

this was from the specimen paper:

question 2.PNG
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by adelemaexo
I think I stumbled on a few silly things in the RM section too. What did people put about the matched pairs design? And how do we randomly allocate?

the randomly allocate question was also in one of the specimen papers
one of the answers in the specimen was
"give all Ps a number"
"put all numbers in a hat"
"draw from hat and allocate to condition"

question 1.PNG

Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Original post by jemma12
this was like an exact question in a specimen paper
you could put any type of hypothesis as it didn't specify so it's a really easy 3 marks
you have to state clearly whats being measured though to secure the full 3 marks
for example saying "the number of _____ will/wont be ______ than the number of _______" blahblahblah

so it could've been null/directional/non-directional
all of which could've got you marks

question 2.PNG
Attachment not found

thanks for clarifying :smile:

pretty sure i bagged the 3marks then :biggrin:
Original post by angellll
Do you guys think that grade boundaries will actually be as low as 50 for an A? & does anyone remember what the predicted grade boundaries were for paper 1?

with the predicted grade boundaries I really don't think you shoud rely on them
afaik the grade boundaries are decided after all papers have been marked then a certain % have to be of a certain grade
people predicted 52 or whatever to be the grade boundaries in paper 1 for an A but which such an easy paper it means SO many people would get high grades

last year the grade boundaries were like 80% A, 70% B, 65% C, 55% D
i don't think it'll be much different from that really I guess a bit lower because its a new spec so maybe like 55-60 for an A

idk maybe I'm just chatting rubbish but it'd say it'd be around 80% anyway so between 55-60 for an A (especially taking into considering the how easy the papers were especially)

the only reason they'd be predicted low is because of the fact it's a new spec but im assuming thats because there's nothing to really go off from when revising making it harder for people. if everyone gets high marks then they'll have a different grade theshold to suit the paper

sorry if this isnt making any sense!
Original post by hehexd
thanks for clarifying :smile:

pretty sure i bagged the 3marks then :biggrin:

ah nice one! the research methods section was really nice surpsingly!
no sign test or anything so I was rather happy haha

in one of the specimen papers the research methods was really easy whereas in the other specimen it was pretty difficult so I had no idea what to expect. then when I saw questions about the hypothesis and everything I was over the moon haha

how do you think you did?
Original post by elliexoxox1
Do you think cognitive neuroscience is a feature of the cognitive approach?

Yeah pretty sure it is. I think there are 3 features that you could pick 2 from:
- Computer model
- Schemas
- Cognitive neuroscience
For the question concerning " Describe at least one way Cognitive Behaviour Therapy would be used to treat someone with depression " can you mention Drugs are often used alongside cognitive behaviour therapy which reducess patientes emotional symptoms etc.. ?
Original post by jemma12
ah nice one! the research methods section was really nice surpsingly!
no sign test or anything so I was rather happy haha

in one of the specimen papers the research methods was really easy whereas in the other specimen it was pretty difficult so I had no idea what to expect. then when I saw questions about the hypothesis and everything I was over the moon haha

how do you think you did?

not sure, maybe a C? maybe more?
Original post by jemma12
with the predicted grade boundaries I really don't think you shoud rely on them
afaik the grade boundaries are decided after all papers have been marked then a certain % have to be of a certain grade
people predicted 52 or whatever to be the grade boundaries in paper 1 for an A but which such an easy paper it means SO many people would get high grades

last year the grade boundaries were like 80% A, 70% B, 65% C, 55% D
i don't think it'll be much different from that really I guess a bit lower because its a new spec so maybe like 55-60 for an A

idk maybe I'm just chatting rubbish but it'd say it'd be around 80% anyway so between 55-60 for an A (especially taking into considering the how easy the papers were especially)

the only reason they'd be predicted low is because of the fact it's a new spec but im assuming thats because there's nothing to really go off from when revising making it harder for people. if everyone gets high marks then they'll have a different grade theshold to suit the paper

sorry if this isnt making any sense!

Nooo, this does make sense, thank you. 55-60 for an A is still okay though so I'm not too annoyed about that :smile:
Original post by elliexoxox1
Do you think cognitive neuroscience is a feature of the cognitive approach?

I'm pretty sure it is. I saw that as I was going through my textbook X
Reply 490
Original post by Minantan
The problem with AQA... and i hope im not being bias.... they ARE TO VAGUE WITH THE DAM Q'S...... honestly they say learning theories for the 6 marker and i didn't think it was talking about social learning theory...i thought that was a complete different sub area. i only talk about cc and op.... honestly i hope im not alone in this.....

I think this is why it's important to learn the spec' during revision - the spec' clearly says that SLT is part of the learning approach. I'm sorry it caught you out though, if I hadn't the read the spec' I would have been similarly caught out. x
Reply 491
The twins fillings question through me.

But, just to correct the mark scheme.

A genotype is our genetic code, the phenotype is the characteristics that are expressed via this genetic code. Hence, why identical twins (monozygotic) are identical in their characteristics, because they have the same genetic code, and hence the same phenotypes - like eye colour/hair colour.

Around 50% of the twins had the same number of fillings - this could suggest there is something in the genotype that could develop a phenotype that results in a higher likelihood of fillings (e.g. weak enamel).

However, the other 50% didn't (not 100%) -suggesting there might environmental factors (e.g. they both have the same diet like frequent sugary drinks). Also, there is no group to compare the twins to - like non-identical (dizygotic), who don't have the same genotype.

It doesn't mean there's a mix of genotype and phenotype influences; they're pretty much the result of the same thing (genes).
(edited 7 years ago)
For the questions about the 2 features of the cognitive approach could you talk about its assumption (I.e. it studies internal mental process etc) as part of its feature. Or is that not credit worthy
Thanks
Original post by Kefte
No, because that is not what inhibitory is in regards to synaptic transmission I'm afraid - I think you're thinking of inhibition in regards to SSRIs and other drug therapies, that inhibit reuptake.

Inhibitory and excitatory is to do with the type of neurotransmitter, it doesn't prevent the neurotransmitter binding with the receptor, it just has a different affect on the postsynaptic neuron (it decreases the likelihood of an action potential being generated). And excitatory increases the likelihood.

Surely I'd get at least 2 marks, right?
Original post by Pink_bubblegum
For the questions about the 2 features of the cognitive approach could you talk about its assumption (I.e. it studies internal mental process etc) as part of its feature. Or is that not credit worthy
Thanks

Yes that's fine :h:
[QUOTE=queenskye;65100157]Referring to the stimulus is crucial, however with a good description and evaluation of everything else you should only be looking at dropping around 2-4 marks so don't worry too much about it. With the predicted grade boundaries you're able to drop around 15 marks and still get an A, even if you were to get 0 on the essay questions you could still scrape and A :smile:
You'll be fine!

My teacher said that I'll probably drop 2 marks. But thank you, you made me feel much better :smile:
Guys what's the predicted grade boundaries ?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think I got 72 marks, the only ones I think I dropped marks on is the Harlow and Lorenz o ne lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :colondollar::h::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::afro::bhangra::bl::bl::bl::blah:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by patricedavid
i think I got 72 marks, the only ones I think I dropped marks on is the Harlow and Lorenz o ne lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :colondollar::h::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::afro::bhangra::bl::bl::bl::blah:

jeez congrats... i think i got 63-4 on paper 1..... but i think this paper cost me my A........... honestly so dissapointed. Hope grade boundaries aint to high.... hopefully an A is over 55 for this paper, but honestly with such postive feed back from this chat i think grade boundaries are gonna be really high
Original post by Minantan
jeez congrats... i think i got 63-4 on paper 1..... but i think this paper cost me my A........... honestly so dissapointed. Hope grade boundaries aint to high.... hopefully an A is over 55 for this paper, but honestly with such postive feed back from this chat i think grade boundaries are gonna be really high

55? i think its gonna be lower than last years paper /old spec

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending