The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Breadth of Physics (24th May 2016) Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by viktorh
same

I got a force value of 7360N (920kg x 8ms-2).
what was the very last question and how many marks was it worth?
Original post by teachercol
Ive done the paper and I'll post up my answers and mark scheme later today.
Its quite a tough one - still that means low grade boundaries.

Thanks a lot, that'd be awesome :smile:
Original post by alex19678
i dont think so because the 420 m/s would have been negative so you should have got an answer in the 70s

Yep, I got 70.8
Original post by WhizzKidhehe:)
I got 78.2 m/s

How did you do that?
Original post by alex19678
i dont think so because the 420 m/s would have been negative so you should have got an answer in the 70s

Oh yeah, that sounds right.
what was the last one of the uestions and how many marks was it please?
Original post by voltz
Yeah I dont know why I multiplied it by two...made a lot of mistakes on that paper

I thouhht you did have to multiply it by two as you were multiplying the wavelength by two therefore you have to add the uncertainty twice?
So I'm going to make a short video tomorrow when I get to see the paper (I can't see it yet as I'm a teacher). Which questions in particular do you want me to work through?
Original post by voltz
For the first question where you were asked to work out the time, did you get 0.73 or something?

Indeed :wink:
Reply 430
Original post by Mr Matheson
So I'm going to make a short video tomorrow when I get to see the paper (I can't see it yet as I'm a teacher). Which questions in particular do you want me to work through?

the density question with the cylinder
What do you think the grade boundaries will be since there is no more UMS?
Original post by JAFF2400
I personally think depth in physics is gonna be easier not just because of the exam itself but the fact that I have weeks to revise for it. Todays paper I didn't even touch module 4 could only revise module 3. module 4 itself should be a subject alone. I'm pretty confident i got a U today

Me too!!!!!
Original post by student101998
What do you think the grade boundaries will be since there is no more UMS?

Since when is there no more UMS?

question 29, the last question
Original post by teachercol
ive done the paper and i'll post up my answers and mark scheme later today.
Its quite a tough one - still that means low grade boundaries.

yaaay thanks
Has anyone put up a mark scheme?
Original post by chemari1
what was the very last question and how many marks was it worth?

something about the number of photons per second and i think 3
Question-The one about the addition of velocities and masses; was the difference that one was scalar and the other was a vector so for velocity you have to also calculate the direction of the physical quantity; whilst with mass you just find the magnitude.

Can you make it for the whole paper? thanks much x

Quick Reply

Latest