The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UnKnowN1029
4.6%* Of UK's population are Muslims. would you really all that invading?

ye just go too the projects in birmingham and ull undersand
Original post by honey55497
this is not permissable as you are going against the shriah exams are not a valid excuse as in life suffering will occur and if theres anything your parents said which is against the shariah the quran clearly states to reject them kindly and follow what allah has to say also if you have started your puberty you are old enough to make your own decision and you are not to rely on your parents as every individual will be question according to their deed your parents would not be there to help or anything

Seems to me like they have made their own decision. The only person who seems to be telling them what to do is you. Besides, if sure allah will be forgiving since he is so fair and just and knows all.
Original post by Anonymous
I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

Ramadan is a very special month. You think fasting doesn't make any sense but it does. Fasting makes feel hunger. There so many people in the world who cannot afford there lunch or dinner, and when we fast, we realize about what these people go through. We feel and know the real meaning of hunger and starvation. Once the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "Allah said 'Every action of the son of Adam is for him except fasting, for that is solely for Me. I give the reward for it. The fast is a shield."
There are many benefits of fasting.
Prophet (PBUH) also said:"By the One in whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, the [bad] breath of the one who is fasting is better in the sight of Allah on the Day of Resurrection than the smell of musk.""The one who is fasting is happy at two times: when he breaks his fast he is happy with it, and when he meets his Lord he will be happy that he has fasted." Fasting brings you closer to Allah. It removes all the barriers between you and Allah. It purifies your soul. All your sins are forgiven and you are given a chance to start from scratch. So please take an oath that you will fast during the whole and i guarantee you that you will feel different and better.May Allah guide you to the straight and righteous path. (Ameen)
thats not true becuase who gave you the hard work to revise and also there are many people in the past who are extremely clever with and without revision and work but becuase they think they knew it all and dint ask help from allah it lead them to failure and also there have been incidences in the past the dumbest of students who ask allah as well as revise or not revise becuase they asked allah they have succeded and people have become shocked by this

it is true because if someone didnt revise at all and prayed a lot theyd get crap grades which proves its revising that makes someone do well and not praying
Original post by Abdullah Khan
Ramadan is a very special month. You think fasting doesn't make any sense but it does. Fasting makes feel hunger. There so many people in the world who cannot afford there lunch or dinner, and when we fast, we realize about what these people go through. We feel and know the real meaning of hunger and starvation. Once the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "Allah said 'Every action of the son of Adam is for him except fasting, for that is solely for Me. I give the reward for it. The fast is a shield."
There are many benefits of fasting.
Prophet (PBUH) also said:"By the One in whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, the [bad] breath of the one who is fasting is better in the sight of Allah on the Day of Resurrection than the smell of musk.""The one who is fasting is happy at two times: when he breaks his fast he is happy with it, and when he meets his Lord he will be happy that he has fasted." Fasting brings you closer to Allah. It removes all the barriers between you and Allah. It purifies your soul. All your sins are forgiven and you are given a chance to start from scratch. So please take an oath that you will fast during the whole and i guarantee you that you will feel different and better.May Allah guide you to the straight and righteous path. (Ameen)

oh for gods sake stop insulting the people in the world who are actually starving. fasting during sunlight hours does not give you the real and true feeling of starvation because you get to stuff your face and eat as much as you want when its dark.
Original post by aeroline1999
Seems to me like they have made their own decision. The only person who seems to be telling them what to do is you. Besides, if sure allah will be forgiving since he is so fair and just and knows all.

yes allah is but you cannot say that as allah has given instructions what to do if he did not then there may be a chance for u to say that that's like me saying I can kill som1 and because allah is forgiving he will so u cannot just use that
yes allah is but you cannot say that as allah has given instructions what to do if he did not then there may be a chance for u to say that that's like me saying I can kill som1 and because allah is forgiving he will so u cannot just use that

Do you consider killing someone to be on the same level as not observing Ramadan then? I think allah has some priorities. And if you did kill someone, and were truly repentant then I think allah would forgive you. I mean TRULY repentant though, in that you feel soul crushing guilt and want to spend the rest of your life dedicated to helping others in order to achieve repentance for stealing the life of another.
Do you consider killing someone to be on the same level as not observing Ramadan then? I think allah has some priorities. And if you did kill someone, and were truly repentant then I think allah would forgive you. I mean TRULY repentant though, in that you feel soul crushing guilt and want to spend the rest of your life dedicated to helping others in order to achieve repentance for stealing the life of another.

O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious”[al-Baqarah 2:183]“The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur’aan, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadan i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Sawm (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Sawm (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allaah [i.e. to say Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar: Allaah is the Most Great)] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him”[al-Baqarah 2:185]Al-Bukhaari (8) and Muslim (16) narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam is built on five (pillars): the testimony that there is no god but Allaah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah; establishing prayer; paying zakaah; Hajj; and fasting Ramadaan.”Whoever does not fast has abandoned one of the pillars of Islam, and is committing a grave major sin. Indeed some of the salaf were of the view that he is a kaafir [disbeliever] and apostate we seek refuge with Allaah from that.Abu Ya’la narrated in his Musnad from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The bonds of Islam and the bases of religion are three, on which Islam was founded. Whoever gives up one of them becomes a kaafir thereby and it is permissible to shed his blood: the testimony that there is no god but Allaah, the prescribed prayers and fasting Ramadaan.”This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Dhahabi, and as hasan by al-Haythami in Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 1/48, and by al-Mundhiri in al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, no. 805, 1486. Classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah, no. 94.Al-Dhahabi said in al-Kabaa’ir, p. 64.Whoever does not fast in Ramadaan without being sick or having any other excuse that allows him not to fast is more evil than the adulterer or drunkard, indeed they doubted his Islam and thought that this was heresy.A saheeh report which warns against not fasting was narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah (1986) and Ibn Hibbaan (7491) from Abu Umaamah al-Baahili who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whilst I was sleeping two men came to me and took my by the arm and brought me to a cragged mountain. They said, ‘Climb up.’ I said, ‘I cannot.’ They said, ‘We will make it easy for you.’ So I climbed up until I was at the top of the mountain. Then I heard loud voices. I said, ‘What are these voices?’ They said, ‘This is the howling of the people of Hell.” Then I was taken until I saw people hanging by their hamstrings, with the sides of their mouths torn and blood pouring from their mouths.’ I said, ‘Who are these?’ He said, ‘These are people who broke their fast before it was time.’” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Mawaarid al-Zam’aan, no. 1509.Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This is the punishment of those who fasted then broke the fast deliberately before the time for breaking the fast came, so who about those who do not fast at all? We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound in this world and in the Hereafter.Our advice to the brother who asked this question is to fear Allaah and to beware of His wrath, vengeance and a painful punishment. He should hasten to repent to Allaah before the destroyer of pleasures that splits people apart [i.e., death] takes him unawares. Today there is action and no reckoning, but tomorrow there will be the reckoning and no action. Note that whoever repents, Allaah will accept his repentance, and whoever draws closer to Allaah one hand span, Allaah will draw closer to him one cubit. For Allaah is Most Generous, Forbearing and Most Merciful, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):“Know they not that Allaah accepts repentance from His slaves and takes the Sadaqaat (alms, charity), and that Allaah Alone is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful?”[al-Tawbah 9:104]If you try fasting and find out how easy it is and what comfort it brings and how close it brings you to Allaah, you will never give it up.Think about what Allaah says at the end of the verses on fasting (interpretation of the meaning):“Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you”[al-Baqarah 2:185]The phrase, “so that you may be grateful to Him” shows that fasting is a blessing for which we must give thanks. Hence some of the salaf used to wish that the whole year was Ramadaan.We ask Allaah to help you and guide you, and to open your heart to that which will bring you happiness in this world and in the Hereafter.
O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious”[al-Baqarah 2:183]“The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur’aan, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadan i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Sawm (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Sawm (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allaah [i.e. to say Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar: Allaah is the Most Great)] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him”[al-Baqarah 2:185]Al-Bukhaari (8) and Muslim (16) narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam is built on five (pillars): the testimony that there is no god but Allaah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah; establishing prayer; paying zakaah; Hajj; and fasting Ramadaan.”Whoever does not fast has abandoned one of the pillars of Islam, and is committing a grave major sin. Indeed some of the salaf were of the view that he is a kaafir [disbeliever] and apostate we seek refuge with Allaah from that.Abu Ya’la narrated in his Musnad from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The bonds of Islam and the bases of religion are three, on which Islam was founded. Whoever gives up one of them becomes a kaafir thereby and it is permissible to shed his blood: the testimony that there is no god but Allaah, the prescribed prayers and fasting Ramadaan.”This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Dhahabi, and as hasan by al-Haythami in Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 1/48, and by al-Mundhiri in al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, no. 805, 1486. Classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah, no. 94.Al-Dhahabi said in al-Kabaa’ir, p. 64.Whoever does not fast in Ramadaan without being sick or having any other excuse that allows him not to fast is more evil than the adulterer or drunkard, indeed they doubted his Islam and thought that this was heresy.A saheeh report which warns against not fasting was narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah (1986) and Ibn Hibbaan (7491) from Abu Umaamah al-Baahili who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whilst I was sleeping two men came to me and took my by the arm and brought me to a cragged mountain. They said, ‘Climb up.’ I said, ‘I cannot.’ They said, ‘We will make it easy for you.’ So I climbed up until I was at the top of the mountain. Then I heard loud voices. I said, ‘What are these voices?’ They said, ‘This is the howling of the people of Hell.” Then I was taken until I saw people hanging by their hamstrings, with the sides of their mouths torn and blood pouring from their mouths.’ I said, ‘Who are these?’ He said, ‘These are people who broke their fast before it was time.’” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Mawaarid al-Zam’aan, no. 1509.Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This is the punishment of those who fasted then broke the fast deliberately before the time for breaking the fast came, so who about those who do not fast at all? We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound in this world and in the Hereafter.Our advice to the brother who asked this question is to fear Allaah and to beware of His wrath, vengeance and a painful punishment. He should hasten to repent to Allaah before the destroyer of pleasures that splits people apart [i.e., death] takes him unawares. Today there is action and no reckoning, but tomorrow there will be the reckoning and no action. Note that whoever repents, Allaah will accept his repentance, and whoever draws closer to Allaah one hand span, Allaah will draw closer to him one cubit. For Allaah is Most Generous, Forbearing and Most Merciful, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):“Know they not that Allaah accepts repentance from His slaves and takes the Sadaqaat (alms, charity), and that Allaah Alone is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful?”[al-Tawbah 9:104]If you try fasting and find out how easy it is and what comfort it brings and how close it brings you to Allaah, you will never give it up.Think about what Allaah says at the end of the verses on fasting (interpretation of the meaning):“Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you”[al-Baqarah 2:185]The phrase, “so that you may be grateful to Him” shows that fasting is a blessing for which we must give thanks. Hence some of the salaf used to wish that the whole year was Ramadaan.We ask Allaah to help you and guide you, and to open your heart to that which will bring you happiness in this world and in the Hereafter.

Sorry but I don't fancy reading a long extended quote from the Quran. Maybe if you paraphrase a little?
Sorry but I don't fancy reading a long extended quote from the Quran. Maybe if you paraphrase a little?

its proof you have to keep a fast and without a valid reason you get a sin and the sin is mentioned and exam is not a valid reason as suffering occurs in luife and life is a test
its proof you have to keep a fast and without a valid reason you get a sin and the sin is mentioned and exam is not a valid reason as suffering occurs in luife and life is a test

But I thought Allah doesn't mind if you don't keep to the fast or praying 5 times a day as long as you make up for it later and have a reason, i.e. not just couldn't be bothered. And fasting is really hard in Britain because in the summer the day is so long. In the middle east its not as bad because it only 12 hours of day light, here it can be up to 18 hours of day light
Original post by dididid
It is sinful to miss an obligatory fast without a valid enough reason. Personally i think anybody could get through exams while fasting its really not that hard unless you've got a disability/illness ( but you'd be excused from fasting in that cause anyway). Ive got a few a level exams 2 weeks into exams and in she Allah ill be fine and i think you will be fine too.

You'll be fine? Well good for you but do you really know what happens to the body when you are deprived of food? I'm not going to jeopardise my chances of getting into uni by starving myself and fainting because, let's not ignore the fact that, a lot of people faint. I think the whole idea of fasting is outdated and unhealthy. Even if I didn't have exams, I still wouldn't fast.
Original post by HuzaifahN
Well You Cant call yourself a Muslim if you dont so your post is just completely stupid.

Really? And that defines whether someone is or isn't a Muslim? I'm sure you don't follow every rule so why do you get to say someone isn't a Muslim because they don't fast.
thats not true becuase who gave you the hard work to revise and also there are many people in the past who are extremely clever with and without revision and work but becuase they think they knew it all and dint ask help from allah it lead them to failure and also there have been incidences in the past the dumbest of students who ask allah as well as revise or not revise becuase they asked allah they have succeded and people have become shocked by this

Explain how people who don't believe in "Allah" pass and even get the top grades.
Reply 374
Original post by ymg177
I started fasting when I was 15 and I am 20 now.
Man, you must be starving!
Original post by QE2
Man, you must be starving!

Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the point of secretly eating? Your fasting for God and for people who are less fortunate. God can see that your not fasting and then your lying about it?.. If you don't want to fast then don't, but don't lie about it.
Reply 377
Original post by HeenaChowdry
What's the point of secretly eating? Your fasting for God and for people who are less fortunate. God can see that your not fasting and then your lying about it?.. If you don't want to fast then don't, but don't lie about it.
How does not eating during daylight hours, help the less fortunate?
Surely giving to charities or doing voluntary work would help them far more than being hungry for a bit, and then eating.
I'm planning on fasting whilst doing my GCSE exams this year:smile:
He didn't. That was just a rumour, most likely spread by Christians of the time wanting to attack Darwinist ideas. Besides, Christianity and Darwinism doesn't have to conflict necessarily, if you treat the bible as a metaphor. The story of creation for example, runs strong parallels with how we believe Earth was created. If you assume 1 day is many millions of years then it sort of works. Ish. You must have done some essay like that in RS or something??? Anyway, despite potential for compatibility between Christianity and Evolution, I'm still an atheist. And so was Darwin.

darwin is dumb he cant tell difference between inter breeding between animals and evolution if white and arab mate of course the child going to have both of the parents dna mix

and not only that why do apes still exist? answer that even he said it is a theroy as it helps him in his work and also he became atheist one of his aunt died that was a pesonal reason for him to reject god and not only that u explain on soul please oh wait science says they dont know nothing about it as we muslims do so there and for the record this is not me want u to convert or any thing just trying to make a point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending