The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Geography A - 24th May 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Susieball
Do you mean the effects and management for the rainforests? If so you need 2/3 case studies... I can provide you with some if you have none?

yes please ! :smile:
Original post by ASSISTER
someone tell me about rivers

rivers doesnt come up in this exam. it is the physical unit.
Original post by BlueParadise
rivers doesnt come up in this exam. it is the physical unit.

is it not dynamic planet?

i understand now, i do b1
(edited 7 years ago)
is it not dynamic planet?

i understand now, i do b1

No this is Edexcel Geography A - not B
I can explain a bit of rivers but im not sure if it will be relevant to your syllabus :smile: - what do you want to know?
I can explain a bit of rivers but im not sure if it will be relevant to your syllabus :smile:

hit me up!
from the top of my head (havent done much revision lol)

- the source of the river is usually on high ground (upper course) - there is a high steep gradient. there is low discharge, velocity. threre is very shallow water
- in the middle course you can find meanders and ox bow lacks - there is lots of lateral erosion
in the lower course of the river the sedimement is quite fine and small due to erosion and transportation. there is a high dichage, velosity and depth. the river is quite wide here and may join to sea area. there is however now a very low gradient

corrosion is the dissolving of rocks and minerals
attrition is the gradual wearing down of rock materials
abrasion is when rocks rub aginst the beds and banks of the river and wears them away

the river gets wider and flatter downstream because of river erosion

waterfalls are formed because the soft rock underneath the hard rock erodes.

erm leeves are natural embankmetns and can help stop flooding
thanks and good luck on your exams, off to do mine! :u:
thanks and good luck on your exams, off to do mine! :u:

Thank you good luck too :tongue:
Thank you good luck too :tongue:

Good luck. Got this exam too in just over a hour
what came up in ur exams i do exexcel
:frown::angry: the rainforest question came up
Reply 32
Hey, I was rushing the whole exam because I got stuck on the skills section when they asked to label features x, y and z on the cross section. I saw a tweet which said thankyou edexcel for the 6 marker on natural causes of climate change and I didn't see that question. Did that question come up on our test or did I just read something about another specifications exam. I hope I didn't miss a page😱
What did you guys write for the first question?
Original post by d.aniel
Hey, I was rushing the whole exam because I got stuck on the skills section when they asked to label features x, y and z on the cross section. I saw a tweet which said thankyou edexcel for the 6 marker on natural causes of climate change and I didn't see that question. Did that question come up on our test or did I just read something about another specifications exam. I hope I didn't miss a page😱

no, there was no 6 marker! only a 9 mark at the end about rainforest management.
Reply 35
Original post by Colonel Sanders
no, there was no 6 marker! only a 9 mark at the end about rainforest management.

Phew! Thanks for putting my mind at ease haha.
Original post by d.aniel
Phew! Thanks for putting my mind at ease haha.

no problem. what did you write for the first question on the name of the settlement?
no problem. what did you write for the first question on the name of the settlement?

I had no idea what to write for the rainforest management question so i just wrote some rubbish
For an attitude to climate change, could you talk about how one attitude is that we need to reduce carbon dioxide levels to reduce climate change?

I put Church Stretton but I feel like that was too obvious. What did you put for the distance and the answers for the cross section? Did we need to draw a line of best fot for the scatter graph?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending