The Student Room Group

Reinstated application at EY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by dbdb
Can i ask for those of you that have had the application reinstated what level did you get in the numerical test?

Hi, I got 7/7 for my numerical, but I believe as long as you have 5 or 6/7 you'll be on equal grounds with everyone else. I know a few friends of mine who secured internship positions with a 6/7 in numerical.
Reply 61
Original post by winner7
Hi, I got 7/7 for my numerical, but I believe as long as you have 5 or 6/7 you'll be on equal grounds with everyone else. I know a few friends of mine who secured internship positions with a 6/7 in numerical.

Did they reinstate your app for the position u applied to or a different one?
I got an email about reinstating for a tax internship but I asked if they could reinstate for corporate finance the one I originally applied for.
I had my application for direct tax reinstated.

Does anyone know when the internships start in the London office?
Reply 63
Original post by e^x
Did they reinstate your app for the position u applied to or a different one?
I got an email about reinstating for a tax internship but I asked if they could reinstate for corporate finance the one I originally applied for.

I applied for Financial Services, Consulting 3 months back and got reinstated for Indirect/ direct tax.. Chose indirect tax because I'm quite curious about it!
Reply 64
Hi guys! Just a quick update on my application. EY sent me a request to complete the online tests again despite completing them a few months ago. Did anyone encounter this as well, or did you guys just progress straight to the phone interview without redoing online tests?
Reply 65
Original post by winner7
I applied for Financial Services, Consulting 3 months back and got reinstated for Indirect/ direct tax.. Chose indirect tax because I'm quite curious about it!

In the email I got sent at the bottom it said "state one divert option only" do u know what these means?

I understood it to be choose another available programme u want to be reconsidered for if you dont want to be reconsidered for the one mentioned in the email.
My application was reinstated for Tax, even though I applied for Technology Consulting. I didn't even take the tests again, they just invited me to a phone interview. Anyone else?
What questions did you get asked in the telephone interviews?
Original post by winner7
Hi guys! Just a quick update on my application. EY sent me a request to complete the online tests again despite completing them a few months ago. Did anyone encounter this as well, or did you guys just progress straight to the phone interview without redoing online tests?

They sent me an email saying that I need to take the online tests again but then sent a follow up email saying that I have progressed to the next stage of the application process. It all seems to be very messed up. When I booked my telephone interview, it said that I was applying for the position I was originally rejected for, instead of tax.
Original post by bearbear92
I had my application for direct tax reinstated.

Does anyone know when the internships start in the London office?

They start in August.
Reply 70
Original post by vader9280
They start in August.

Vader that's great to hear. How's things going for your phone interview? I just got an invitation to the strength webinar so I presume my phone interview invitation will be coming real soon!
Original post by winner7
Vader that's great to hear. How's things going for your phone interview? I just got an invitation to the strength webinar so I presume my phone interview invitation will be coming real soon!

I got the invitation for the phone interview just one day after the webinar. It's in two days, I'll make sure I post the questions here. Has anyone already had theirs?
Reply 72
I got the invitation for the phone interview just one day after the webinar. It's in two days, I'll make sure I post the questions here. Has anyone already had theirs?

Alright thank you so much. All the best!
Original post by winner7
Alright thank you so much. All the best!

Went pretty badly imo. Some questions that I remember:

Introduce yourself

Describe the EY strategy. How do you fit in?

Why Direct Tax? Why UKI? Why London?

Is the opinion of the majority always right? (literally just said not really) When have you ever challenged someone's opinion?

Do you like to take up work and opportunities on your own? (or something along these lines)

How would you go about getting business for EY? Why do you think this will work?

And some more generic questions that I can't remember
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 74
Went pretty badly imo. Some questions that I remember:

Introduce yourself

Describe the EY strategy. How do you fit in?

Why Direct Tax? Why UKI? Why London?

Is the opinion of the majority always right? (literally just said not really) When have you ever challenged someone's opinion?

Do you like to take up work and opportunities on your own? (or something along these lines)

How would you go about getting business for EY? Why do you think this will work?

And some more generic questions that I can't remember

This is great! It can't be too bad! hopefully EY will get back to you with good news. Anyways, may I know what was your approach to 'Why UKI' and 'Why London'?
Original post by winner7
This is great! It can't be too bad! hopefully EY will get back to you with good news. Anyways, may I know what was your approach to 'Why UKI' and 'Why London'?

Why UKI was a bit confusing because there isn't much info available on how different it is from working in FS. I just said that I want a more client facing role.

London because it is London haha. Financial capital, HQ of EY, diversity, opportunities, there's loads to say.
Reply 76
Why UKI was a bit confusing because there isn't much info available on how different it is from working in FS. I just said that I want a more client facing role.

London because it is London haha. Financial capital, HQ of EY, diversity, opportunities, there's loads to say.

By the way I spoke to a few people who had secured their positions in EY after the reinstatement and most of them said their phone interviews were quite average which is a good sign for us!(I guess).

Just to reconfirm, which position did you get reinstated to? Cuz the questions you received were: Why Direct Tax, How would you go about getting business for EY. Which seemed like a Direct Tax question and a Consulting question altogether.
Original post by winner7
By the way I spoke to a few people who had secured their positions in EY after the reinstatement and most of them said their phone interviews were quite average which is a good sign for us!(I guess).

Just to reconfirm, which position did you get reinstated to? Cuz the questions you received were: Why Direct Tax, How would you go about getting business for EY. Which seemed like a Direct Tax question and a Consulting question altogether.

Yeah since it's June already they probably are quite desperate to fill up the positions asap. Lets hope for the best I guess.

I got reinstated for Direct Tax. The question is relevant there too, you will need to speak about how you will convince clients that they should get EY to handle their taxes.

Good luck for your interview btw! Let me know how it goes
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 78
Yeah since it's June already they probably are quite desperate to fill up the positions asap. Lets hope for the best I guess.

I got reinstated for Direct Tax. The question is relevant there too, you will need to speak about how you will convince clients that they should get EY to handle their taxes.

Good luck for your interview btw! Let me know how it goes

hey i asked them to reinstate my app for direct tax to when i got the email. Its been a week since and i was wondering how long it takes for them to get back u?
Reply 79
Original post by e^x
hey i asked them to reinstate my app for direct tax to when i got the email. Its been a week since and i was wondering how long it takes for them to get back u?

don't worry too much as they mentioned it might take them up to 2 weeks. I emailed EY 1 week after the reinstated email was sent to me, and 2 hours right after my email to them, they got back to me stating that my application has been sent to the reinstated position. 5 days later (total 12 days from the reinstated email), I was invited to the strength webinar.

Quick Reply