The Student Room Group

Migrant rape in Japan

Scroll to see replies

Japan wants to remain Japanese

White people who oppose destruction = fascists, Nazi's oh and White supremacists just to want a ****ing future...

Check your privilege
Original post by SoulOnIce

White people who oppose destruction = fascists, Nazi's oh and White supremacists just to want a ****ing future...

Check your privilege

Who are you?
Original post by SoulOnIce

Check your privilege

Japan has had a completely different history to European countries.
Reply 23
Original post by Konahagakure
Yes obviously. Also I think Japan needs to accept more migrants but not those who are uneducated and have no skills. Their aging and declining population will soon become a serious issue. They also have a debt that is approximately twice(?) the size of their economy. Without a large enough workforce how do they ever imagine to pay that off and grow their economy.

It would be better for them to take migrants from South Korea, China or even the US instead of Turkey.

They're trying various ways to raise the birth rate but if that fails they will take migrants from China and other nearby countries. Taking in middle-eastern migrants isn't even a last resort for Japan, financial ruin and/or death is preferable.

I wish we had the same idea.
Original post by Jebedee
What I've done is taken a sample group of 27 people and put it forward as contributing evidence

I can appreciate that maybe it's what you intended to do, but it's not actually what you did. What you did was state that two people from a sample size of 27 committed a crime, stated that there were a million of others who were dis-similar from those 27, and implied that there was a direct correlation by telling us to do the maths, meaning that the ratio of the first can be applied to the second. Directly. Not with contributing evidence.

You may have instead intended for this faulty sample ratio to then be added as contributing evidence. But you did not add the 2 accused criminals to another larger number of criminals out of a larger pool of migrants and/or refugees and asylum seekers, which would still not be statistically significant, but would then have social anecdotal significance.

But if you want, for giggles I can find a sample group of Japanese people who emigrated to Europe and see how many of them were convicted of rape.

For the moment, I'm going to put aside what sounds like your assertion that a hand-picked group of people is the same as a sample group. I'll instead simply point out that while asylum seekers and refugees may collectively be included as migrants, even a proper sample group of migrants compared to asylum seekers or refugees would be a faulty comparison fallacy.

You're free to dress it up however you like, but you've now failed in both maths and logic. I'd hope you'd try a softer subject next.
Do you even know what these people did in East Asia during WW2???
I'm not saying they deserve it. Rape is a disgusting crime.

That's not the point. You bringing this up in a discussion about the rape of a Japanese woman in 2016 and then stating that Japan should 'repay' indicates you feel this is some form of karma. This in itself is despicable. The woman in question most likely had nothing to do with the atrocities in East Asia. Even then, this discussion has no link with the rape in question.
Reply 26
Original post by JollyCynic
I can appreciate that maybe it's what you intended to do, but it's not actually what you did. What you did was state that two people from a sample size of 27 committed a crime, stated that there were a million of others who were dis-similar from those 27, and implied that there was a direct correlation by telling us to do the maths, meaning that the ratio of the first can be applied to the second. Directly. Not with contributing evidence.

You may have instead intended for this faulty sample ratio to then be added as contributing evidence. But you did not add the 2 accused criminals to another larger number of criminals out of a larger pool of migrants and/or refugees and asylum seekers, which would still not be statistically significant, but would then have social anecdotal significance.

For the moment, I'm going to put aside what sounds like your assertion that a hand-picked group of people is the same as a sample group. I'll instead simply point out that while asylum seekers and refugees may collectively be included as migrants, even a proper sample group of migrants compared to asylum seekers or refugees would be a faulty comparison fallacy.

You're free to dress it up however you like, but you've now failed in both maths and logic. I'd hope you'd try a softer subject next.

I never offered a mathematical perspective in my post so I'm sorry the absence of that disappointed you, I was simply sharing news which relates to many other posts in this forum but from a part of the world rarely discussed.
I then implied simply that the conclusion falls in line with conclusions others have also reached about countries in Europe.

If you want to or feel the need to do the maths on this issue then please feel free. But I don't see it as necessary as I'm sure many would agree we already know the answer. Call it lazy if you want but I've left it wide open if you want to contest the conclusion.

Quite often the simplest answer is the correct one.
Original post by Jebedee
If you want to or feel the need to do the maths on this issue then please feel free. But I don't see it as necessary as I'm sure many would agree we already know the answer.

You do the math...

Quite often the simplest answer is the correct one.

Well, at least you've now left us with a subject you might be able to pass: Philosophy. Occam's Razor does indeed apply. And I'm afraid that the simplest answer doesn't reflect well on what kind of person you are.
Reply 28
Original post by JollyCynic
Well, at least you've now left us with a subject you might be able to pass: Philosophy. Occam's Razor does indeed apply. And I'm afraid that the simplest answer doesn't reflect well on what kind of person you are.

"You do the math" is a simple phrase. Do you have anything of substance to add or do you just want to pick at whatever you can find to undermine people?

The answer only reflects bad on me if:
1. It is untrue
2. I don't have reason to come to that conclusion
Original post by Aceadria
That's not the point. You bringing this up in a discussion about the rape of a Japanese woman in 2016 and then stating that Japan should 'repay' indicates you feel this is some form of karma. This in itself is despicable. The woman in question most likely had nothing to do with the atrocities in East Asia. Even then, this discussion has no link with the rape in question.

My original comment was more about the Japanese invading other countries and trying to force them to be 'Japanese' (as what happened to Korea) so I find it funny how the Japanese are complaining about immigration especially from their neighbours and to an extent other countries. By repay I meant financially as they were not punished enough after 1945 compared to Germany. I wasn't referring to the rape as being karma that's messed up I was only talking about the immigration issue.
Original post by ahlam H
Whats your point? Rape happens everywhere. I feel deeply sorry for the japanese woman just like every other rape victim.

:s-smilie:

I'm German. As you know, many muslim migrant men raped, molested and sexually abused many women in my country since New Year's Day.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35231046
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/636944/Cologne-sex-attacks-list-crimes
http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/cologne-is-every-day-europes-rape-epidemic/news-story/e2e618e17ad4400b5ed65045e65e141d
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/21/revealed-full-list-of-1049-victims-crimes-committed-during-cologne-new-years-eve-sex-assaults/

You only have to see what the German police commissioner said on national TV to understand the true extent of the migrant crisis. Mind you, the higher command in Germany gave him a piece of their mind following the telecast of this interview. Watch it to believe it.

[video="youtube;SOi8QJD8fiw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOi8QJD8fiw[/video]

Political correctness was what got many, many good, wonderful members on this forum banned for merely questioning the policy decisions linked to immigration/migration such as the one made by my Chancellor to allow all these migrants into my country

without checking if they are holding genuine passports

without checking if they have links to terrorist groups

without checking if they have criminal records in their home countries

without checking if they have HIV/AIDS

Someone recently asked me why should people wanting to enter into another country, be checked for HIV/AIDS? This is because the government owes a duty to its citizens to protect them from people who may want to infect others with their communicable diseases. This is an extension of a 'social contract theory'. Read up on it if you have time. Educate yourself.

You may have read or heard, many of these migrants have turned my country upside down. I hope all of you reading my post, bears this in mind. A country's sovereignty, security and safety of its citizens is so so important. With Merkel's blunder, we have become a carbon copy of UK & the rest of EU and their set of problems.

Merkel has been in hiding for many months now. She's pushing 62 years of age. She won't throw in the towel just yet. If UK decides to remain in the EU, I am certain they will make EU into a united states of Europe and she would be the major contender for the post of PM of the USE. Tony Blair has quietened down way too much to be able to stake a claim for that coveted position.

Merkel studied physics and then chemistry. She has no knowledge and understanding about politics, law, finance and sociology. She tells the German public one thing and tells the EU another thing and then tells the world another thing. Sometime back she said that refugees must now return back to their countries of origin after the wars back home have ended.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu...-idUSKCN0V80IH

With Turkey's inclusion into the EU imminent, there will be 77 million Turks who will get to make their debut appearance in any of the EU member states. They will not go to France because France has zero tolerance towards Muslims. They will continue to come to Germany or go to the UK where the borders are invincible and where the border agents have zero powers to turn people away.

Fun times ahead.

@JollyCynic @Jebedee @Konahagakure @Aceadria @ohgeez @BaconandSauce @Tcannon @StrawbAri
My original comment was more about the Japanese invading other countries and trying to force them to be 'Japanese' (as what happened to Korea) so I find it funny how the Japanese are complaining about immigration especially from their neighbours and to an extent other countries. By repay I meant financially as they were not punished enough after 1945 compared to Germany. I wasn't referring to the rape as being karma that's messed up I was only talking about the immigration issue.

If you want to discuss whether the Japanese should make reparations for past war crimes maybe you should make a thread about it. Its not really relevant to a crime that happened this year.
Original post by dean01234
If you want to discuss whether the Japanese should make reparations for past war crimes maybe you should make a thread about it. Its not really relevant to a crime that happened this year.

The weeaboos will come after me if I do that🤔
Original post by Jebedee
Reparations are a stupid idea because drawing the line of who and how far back must pay is completely arbitrary and even the discussion is contrary to a peaceful relationship.

That being said, it is not relevant to this thread.

Its completely relevant to the thread. The Japanese sanctioned tens of millions of rapes and enforced hundreds of thousands of women into sex slavery.

Reparations are not a stupid idea considering many of these women received nothing ,some are still alive today and still fighting for justice.
Reply 34
Original post by 999tigger
Its completely relevant to the thread. The Japanese sanctioned tens of millions of rapes and enforced hundreds of thousands of women into sex slavery.

Reparations are not a stupid idea considering many of these women received nothing ,some are still alive today and still fighting for justice.

The government should issue an apology but I don't agree with monetary reparations if that is what you are alluding to.
Original post by Jebedee
The government should issue an apology but I don't agree with monetary reparations if that is what you are alluding to.

Well maybe if you, your mum or your female relatives were systematically raped for years, then you might feel you wanted a bit more than an apology.
Original post by Jebedee

Their government seems to be full of imperialist sympathisers. Quite a few of their politicians have denied that these atrocities took place. I don't think an apology is enough.
This is disgusting but you're drawn to this like bees to honey simply because it was a refugee. The rest of those 27 haven't done anything, as of yet, to deserve being put in the same bracket. Rape happens every hour across countries and across the world. I don't see why all your interested in is bashing on about refugees? It's just being given notoriety because of the current issues.
Reply 38
Well maybe if you, your mum or your female relatives were systematically raped for years, then you might feel you wanted a bit more than an apology.

Perhaps but I don't think cheapening the issue with blood money is the right way to go about it.

Men are also raped... a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending