The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z33
none they all hate me :lol: wbu? :tongue:

Well, there are some that I wouldn't mind :wink: but how do you make it halal and stuff? :tongue:
Just loled at the take off the hijab comment's :laugh: :laugh: anyways OP. You'll find someone university, university always creates events and try attending to society events. Stuff like this takes time, don't worry! And don't rush!
Original post by frostyy
Wait, so you're fine with a relationship with a non-muslim dude?!

She said someone of another race, not faith.
She means a Muslim of another race.
Reply 43
Original post by Rhythmical
Well, there are some that I wouldn't mind :wink: but how do you make it halal and stuff? :tongue:

oooooooooOOooooOoh PM me who :colone:
idk... get him to ask your parents IRL or summin? xP
gurl i've never been to a wedding or seen anything like that so I am the werst to ask xD
Original post by z33
oooooooooOOooooOoh PM me who :colone:
idk... get him to ask your parents IRL or summin? xP
gurl i've never been to a wedding or seen anything like that so I am the werst to ask xD

Only if you tell me your list! :u:

I'm 18, don't wanna get married yet anyways oh lol my mum would have a heart attack if I tell her I met him on TSR, I'll say the Ummah forums lmao. :rofl:

Wait! You've never been to a wedding?! :shock: my childhood was spent going to weddings lol for the food tbh.
Reply 45
Original post by cbatothinkofone
You think that if OP was willing to take of the Hijab that she wouldn't already have done it? Anyway, I wasn't dismissing your ideas, I was contesting that the Hijab was oppressive.

Theres a difference between being politically correct and being a ****. You are being a ****. How exactly would you have liked leading politicians to act?

Coming from the person who led all the aggression in this debate and now results to petty insults?

I will let the mods deal with you now.
Reply 46
Original post by frostyy
The hijab is symbolically associated with the lack of freedom because in some Islamic countries like Iran, it's mandatory. We know that you guys choose to wear it in the UK and nobody forces you to, but you can't expect people to make claims on how liberated you are, when religion, the reason for you wearing it, is also the reason why women in the Middle East have no such choice.

Before you liberated personas jump me for discrimination against the scarf - no, I don't mind it, but looking more objectively and seeing why people would discriminate it is the bases of a more open discussion. Moreover, I don't understand why you'd think negatively of anyone suggesting that taking it off would be a good course of action. After all, the person, at least in their perception, is trying for you to get you your freedom. You have to understand that it's truly mind-blowing for an atheist Westerner how you're willingly putting yourself in a less comfortable situation, because let's be honest, not everybody appreciates hidden faces, just because of your belief. It's actually a bit strange how you choose to follow an idea that takes the right of living how you want without a severe punishment, hence the finger pointing and camouflaged attempts to help.

I'm not "expecting" anything, I am offering my opinion, the opinion of someone who grew up in Saudi Arabia, who wears hijab and who had to due social pressure, this social pressure is the equivalent of feeling like you have to wear a top all the time because nudity would incur legal ramifications. It doesn't feel like anything because everyone is doing it, you don't wake up in cold sweats wonderinf why you can't strut like Beyonce down the road.

You keep talking as if muslim women in the west have zero experience with societal oppression and should be thanking our lucky stars that we know freedom, we know our community better than you do, we have experienced forceful submission and gender discrimination. You are an outsider, why do you think you get to be the mouthpiece for muslim women, but actual muslim women should be discounted because they had a choice? Isn't the very concept of choice something you deny exists for most muslim women?

You are not trying to help, look at that guys reaction to me discounting his version of my reality. That nobody wants me (lol), when you don't hear muslim women say the things you want them to say you get het up and angry the veil of "concern" is removed. And I don't care how mind blowing it it for someone who lives in a bubble, I don't need you patronising pity. I don't need a white knight.

Pathetic people think they have a right to comment and coerce women in a private matter such as clothing and have the gull to want to be thanked for it, Orientalism at its bloody best.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 47
Only if you tell me your list! :u:

I'm 18, don't wanna get married yet anyways oh lol my mum would have a heart attack if I tell her I met him on TSR, I'll say the Ummah forums lmao. :rofl:

Wait! You've never been to a wedding?! :shock: my childhood was spent going to weddings lol for the food tbh.

I don't have one :cry:

same same I'd rather wait til I'm like 25 xP

nopeeeeeee! never been T_T I'm iraqi and such a disgrace xD
it's always like I have an exam the next day, or I'm abroad, or they're abroad, or i have to stay at home and babysit or idfk but I've never been :tongue:
Original post by inhuman
Coming from the person who led all the aggression in this debate and now results to petty insults?

I will let the mods deal with you now.

Actually, you were the one who was originally rude, with the 'you wonder why you're unwanted' comment, so call me petty if you want, but evaluate who's really morally wrong here.

You really think I give a **** if mods ban me? Take a look at my post count, see how much TSR means to me. I've got a lot more going on in my life than arguing with kids on here, if I wasn't so bored of revision I wouldn't be here now.
Reply 49
Original post by cbatothinkofone
Actually, you were the one who was originally rude, with the 'you wonder why you're unwanted' comment, so call me petty if you want, but evaluate who's really morally wrong here.

You really think I give a **** if mods ban me? Take a look at my post count, see how much TSR means to me. I've got a lot more going on in my life than arguing with kids on here, if I wasn't so bored of revision I wouldn't be here now.

Such a rebel bro.

And ah I see, being at university puts you ahead of all the kids on here. Ever thought that after more than a decade of existing some of these "kids" aren't kids anymore?
Original post by z33
I don't have one :cry:

same same I'd rather wait til I'm like 25 xP

nopeeeeeee! never been T_T I'm iraqi and such a disgrace xD
it's always like I have an exam the next day, or I'm abroad, or they're abroad, or i have to stay at home and babysit or idfk but I've never been :tongue:

You must do! :tongue:

I know, I probably won't ever get married so let's make a pact z33! :biggrin:

Seriously? I thought Iraqis/Pakistani/Afghans did weddings like religiously, you're missing out! I love to get out of weddings but sadly I never get to, mum drags me out but recently there has been a decline in weddings, most people I know have secret relationships instead, sshh! :wink:
Reply 51
Original post by inhuman
Clearly not everyone...

You're a nobody tho, sugar.
Reply 52
Original post by Propi
I'm not "expecting" anything, I am offering my opinion, the opinion of someone who grew up in Saudi Arabia, who wears hijab and who had to due social pressure, this social pressure is the equivalent of feeling like you have to wear a top all the time because nudity would incur legal ramifications. It doesn't feel like anything because everyone is doing it, you don't wake up in cold sweats wonderinf why you can't strut like Beyonce down the road.

You keep talking as if muslim women in the west have zero experience with societal oppression and should be thanking our lucky stars that we know freedom, we know our community better than you do, we have experienced forceful submission and gender discrimination. You are an outsider, why do you think you get to be the mouthpiece for muslim women, but actual muslim women should be discounted because they had a choice? Isn't the very concept of choice something you deny exists for most muslim women?

You are not trying to help, look at that guys reaction to me discounting his version of my reality. That nobody wants me (lol), when you don't hear muslim women say the things you want them to say you get het up and angry the veil of "concern" is removed. And I don't care how mind blowing it it for someone who lives in a bubble, I don't need you patronising pity. I don't need a white knight.

Pathetic people think they have a right to comment and coerce women in a private matter such as clothing and have the gull to want to be thanked for it, Orientalism at its bloody best.

You was not you personally, it was Muslims in general.

You are so full of hypocrisy it is actually amusing to watch. Here is one example for you. You think men have no right to coerce you in the matter of clothing? And yet you wrote this:

"It gives us the power to dictate how men should treat us."

Anyway, I could not give a hoot about you or your brethren. May you all go back to where you came from. But if you don't, be prepared to be criticized for what in our world are barbaric and archaic practices and beliefs.
Reply 53
You must do! :tongue:

I know, I probably won't ever get married so let's make a pact z33! :biggrin:

Seriously? I thought Iraqis/Pakistani/Afghans did weddings like religiously, you're missing out! I love to get out of weddings but sadly I never get to, mum drags me out but recently there has been a decline in weddings, most people I know have secret relationships instead, sshh! :wink:

I really don't haha xD

ayyyyyyyyyyyy "Single Muslims 4lyfe" :biggrin:

They do! :lol: am I? it just seems like bare effort getting a dress and stuff and having to act like a human in front of everyone xDDD
plus all the criticism you get for not being stick thin, questions about helping round the house, when you're gonna get married etc. is like

ooooOooOoh rebels :colone: xD
Reply 54
Original post by inhuman
You was not you personally, it was Muslims in general.

You are so full of hypocrisy it is actually amusing to watch. Here is one example for you. You think men have no right to coerce you in the matter of clothing? And yet you wrote this:

"It gives us the power to dictate how men should treat us."

Anyway, I could not give a hoot about you or your brethren. May you all go back to where you came from. But if you don't, be prepared to be criticized for what in our world are barbaric and archaic practices and beliefs.

I think you have no right to coerce OP and pretend its because you care.

How is that hypocrisy? Men sexualise us, we mitigate this via clothing. Unfortunately for you I'm from convert parents so I'll be staying here forever now, probably gonna out-breed you too. I'm planning on having 6 kids and adopting, like, a million ")
Original post by frostyy
Wait, so you're fine with a relationship with a non-muslim dude?!

Is there anything wrong with a muslim wanting to be in a relationship with a non-muslim? If there was a problem what would you do? Murder the girl for ruining the family honour? Please keep such primitive thinking to the Middle East, Pakistan and all those states.. This is the UK. It's a tolerant society but don't you dare take advantages of the UK's government's kindness as a sign of weakness.
Original post by z33
I really don't haha xD

ayyyyyyyyyyyy "Single Muslims 4lyfe" :biggrin:

They do! :lol: am I? it just seems like bare effort getting a dress and stuff and having to act like a human in front of everyone xDDD
plus all the criticism you get for not being stick thin, questions about helping round the house, when you're gonna get married etc. is like

ooooOooOoh rebels :colone: xD

Some guys must count you as their crush :wink:

And nah we can use the daitng sites to help us, we won't be lonely! :cry:

But the food is so BAE like I go for the food. :tongue: I hate going to weddings because they take so ****ing long, just get married and say goodbye to the guests, end of, no need to have bloody weeks of events for the wedding!
Reply 57
Some guys must count you as their crush :wink:

And nah we can use the daitng sites to help us, we won't be lonely! :cry:

But the food is so BAE like I go for the food. :tongue: I hate going to weddings because they take so ****ing long, just get married and say goodbye to the guests, end of, no need to have bloody weeks of events for the wedding!

Really? :lol: i would actually be so shocked xD I bet some count you as theirs tho ;P

I know singlemuslim.com 10/10 best site

tfw when you go to a wedding and end up marrying the food instead of your groom - happens so often :tongue:
:lol: omg yeah and the preparation is long af too X_X
Original post by JezWeCan!
Supposing your perfect soul mate didn't approach you because you were wearing it? What would it then have achieved? And you wouldn't even know...

If they don't accept the hijab how exactly would they be the "perfect" partner?
Original post by z33
Really? :lol: i would actually be so shocked xD I bet some count you as theirs tho ;P

I know singlemuslim.com 10/10 best site

tfw when you go to a wedding and end up marrying the food instead of your groom - happens so often :tongue:
:lol: omg yeah and the preparation is long af too X_X

Yeah you have the guys lined up for you! :tongue: naah they really don't :wink:

One time I signed up to catfish people, ended up getting emails saying people were into me omg lol.

I know, *sigh* :frown: food is the best, ain't got no one because food is tied to me lol! :tongue: when I get married, I'll say I do and that's it tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending