The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Geography B 24/05/16

Thoughts and opinions on the paper?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by forsyths00

ahh I hated the question on traditional economies of extreme environments!
Wasnt too bad, the last question was pretty tough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great paper overall.
Reply 4
Original post by forsyths00

What did everyone put for the 8 marker in the river processes section or the 8 marker in the oceans on the edge section
The last question was quite hard but I think I done quite well in my exam overall. I need at least B-A because I got a fricking D in my coursework and I want to do it for A level
Who wrote about people going to cities to find work on the last question, as climate change meant they couldnt farm in hot arid regions. Which would mean traditional economy has gone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was like opening a present at christmas! Loved the paper except the extreme environments 8 mark question :s-smilie: but overall, pretty confident
Im so relieved, they could've made that paper so much worse!
Anyone else think the questions were slightly strangely worded? I had to re-read half of them several times to actually understand what they wanted me to do.
What were the national measures which could be taken to achieve biosphere conservation
Original post by ErinDearlove00
Anyone else think the questions were slightly strangely worded? I had to re-read half of them several times to actually understand what they wanted me to do.
yes! I had to change my answer for the 'successes of immediate response and relief' one twice I kept getting confused
Reply 12
haiti
Reply 13
Original post by nahyr
What did everyone put for the 8 marker in the river processes section or the 8 marker in the oceans on the edge section

yes
I don't remember if I ticked the box for the Section B and C...
M
Original post by xjbdssbc
yes

For the 8 marker on rivers, I wrote about hard and soft engineering
Original post by Joseph72602
The last question was quite hard but I think I done quite well in my exam overall. I need at least B-A because I got a fricking D in my coursework and I want to do it for A level

I want to do it for A level too, and it annoys me so much how good the mock was and how bad this was :frown:.
Original post by أنيسة
I want to do it for A level too, and it annoys me so much how good the mock was and how bad this was :frown:.

I felt it was the other way around for me lol but that could be due to the fact I literally didn't start revising until a couple days before my exams.

But some of the questions were really annoying like the immediate response and relief questions I hardly knew anything as I only knew how they would respond to earthquakes over time but immediately?
uhm yeah idk lol
Original post by AnthonyFalozn
What were the national measures which could be taken to achieve biosphere conservation

I wrote National Parks
Reply 19
Original post by rayestar
I don't remember if I ticked the box for the Section B and C...

I just remembered i think i didnt tick any boxes and now i am literally freaking out.

Quick Reply

Latest