The Student Room Group

AQA AS Spanish Essay Questions Predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MMMMM22
Did you resit or are you in year 12
What you think grade boundaries will be out of /110 for A
How you feeling for A2?

I resat, I'm not really sure why as I think I'll do worse than last year :lol: I got 95% or so then, but it's policy in my school for everyone to resit AS unless you get 100%. Seems a bit pointless but I think some other schools do it too.

No idea about grade boundaries tbh, I never pay much attention to them. I'd say it was harder than last years paper probably, most of my friends thought the same.

I go through phrases of feeling great and phases of feeling ****. Hoping for a nice essay question, I'd kill for something to do with how themes are represented or the techniques used but we'll see. Listening and reading should be fine, translation is a bit hit and miss, sometimes I lose a fair amount of marks for really stupid, insignificant mistakes but I'm trying to improve on that.
I'm guessing you're doing A2 as well? How're you feeling for it?
Original post by sashbash
Can anyone remember the answers to the adverts question?

I can't remember all of them and they're probably in the wrong order but something like:
laptop
radio station
car insurance
tv programme
holidays
yeah idk the rest

I didn't use video game or make of car if that helps?
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone remember in the listening on the camp thing which is was aimed to help. It Was niños something

Also will I lose a mark if I wrote sanderismo instead of senderismo?
Original post by tinkerbella~
I can't remember all of them and they're probably in the wrong order but something like:
laptop
radio station
car insurance
holidays
yeah idk the rest

I didn't use video game or make of car if that helps?

Thank you! I didn't use those too so hopefully I got them right! I think I put the laptop as the first one but thats all I can remember
Original post by MMMMM22
Does anyone remember in the listening on the camp thing which is was aimed to help. It Was niños something

Also will I lose a mark if I wrote sanderismo instead of senderismo?

There was one something like "a los que lo pasan mal económicamente en este momento" and the last answer was "a nińos discapacitados" I believe :smile:
You could put ponían because it was a descriptive text you were describing what came into fashion. My teacher says both will be on the mark scheme.

Because they came into fashion and it wasn't a continuous action. I'm not really sure how to explain it, it's what I put and my teacher said it was correct. They might give both preterite and imperfect as correct though, I think most other people at my school put ponían
Original post by Bubblebex1
You could put ponían because it was a descriptive text you were describing what came into fashion. My teacher says both will be on the mark scheme.

Then I guess it's how you interpret it. If both are on there, it shouldn't be a problem.
I resat, I'm not really sure why as I think I'll do worse than last year :lol: I got 95% or so then, but it's policy in my school for everyone to resit AS unless you get 100%. Seems a bit pointless but I think some other schools do it too.

No idea about grade boundaries tbh, I never pay much attention to them. I'd say it was harder than last years paper probably, most of my friends thought the same.

I go through phrases of feeling great and phases of feeling ****. Hoping for a nice essay question, I'd kill for something to do with how themes are represented or the techniques used but we'll see. Listening and reading should be fine, translation is a bit hit and miss, sometimes I lose a fair amount of marks for really stupid, insignificant mistakes but I'm trying to improve on that.
I'm guessing you're doing A2 as well? How're you feeling for it?

Why are you resitting if you got 95?? Wtf that's sick. We usually resit anything we got 85UMS or below What school do you go to? Yehh the translations is where I struggle because sometimes they have to be so accurate: last years one on terrorism ETA was a joke. Which book and movie you doing? I'm doing cronica de una muerte anunciada and que he hecho yo para merecer esto Almodóvar
Listening and reading is fine though and it's basically still a month away the exam
There was one something like "a los que lo pasan mal económicamente en este momento" and the last answer was "a nińos discapacitados" I believe :smile:

Ah yes now I remember I got both of those. I just forgot accent on económicamente.

What do you think about sanderismo instead of senderismo. I thought it was spelt with an A

Btw is that you in your profile picture on here?
Original post by MMMMM22
Why are you resitting if you got 95?? Wtf that's sick. We usually resit anything we got 85UMS or below What school do you go to? Yehh the translations is where I struggle because sometimes they have to be so accurate: last years one on terrorism ETA was a joke. Which book and movie you doing? I'm doing cronica de una muerte anunciada and que he hecho yo para merecer esto Almodóvar
Listening and reading is fine though and it's basically still a month away the exam

Ikr, it seems dumb to me. Our teachers say it's really easy to do well at AS in Year 13 since you just know so much more Spanish but I wasn't even sure what the AS topics were until 8:30 this morning :redface: I go to some boarding school in Buckinghamshire, I won't say anything else :tongue:

I find Spanish -> English way harder than the other way round :dontknow: The ETA one didn't go well, I got the ETA terrorist bit but didn't realise diputado meant MP and just generally dropped a fair amount of marks. Wrote the essay on the director's own style in the mock, when I should've done the one on universal themes in a play. I do La Casa de Bernarda Alba (Lorca) and El Laberinto del Fauno (del Toro).

Original post by MMMMM22
Ah yes now I remember I got both of those. I just forgot accent on económicamente.

What do you think about sanderismo instead of senderismo. I thought it was spelt with an A

I'm not sure about sanderismo sorry! I have this feeling I missed out the n and wrote sederismo so hopefully both are near enough :smile:
How many marks do you think you'll need for a C/D/E?
I'm not aiming high anymore 😂
Original post by RanSam
I only did 3 points (plus intro/conc) lol :erm: I did healthy/balanced diet, exercise and not smoking/taking drugs, mind went blank couldn't think of anything else at the time, now I'm thinking I should have added stress.

But I did use quite a few sub-points for the first 2 points e.g. the increase in fast food restaurants, the importance of water, cheaper alternatives to the gym, increased time spent in front of the TV, phone etc.

I'm reading that people did 4 pages and I only did full page (double side) and one side of a page. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Can't remember what I wrote verbatim, but I also said healthy/balanced diet, doing exercise and living life without stress of something like that. I then added stopping smoking and eating less fat/sugar/oil in a paragraph for what should be avoided.

For sub-points I too said cheaper alternatives to the gym and less time should be spent in front of the tv.

I did 3 pages (basically the same as you) but I threw in some idioms and a variety of tenses. So hopefully that'll boost me up and I'll be alright :crossedf:
Ikr, it seems dumb to me. Our teachers say it's really easy to do well at AS in Year 13 since you just know so much more Spanish but I wasn't even sure what the AS topics were until 8:30 this morning :redface: I go to some boarding school in Buckinghamshire, I won't say anything else :tongue:

I find Spanish -> English way harder than the other way round :dontknow: The ETA one didn't go well, I got the ETA terrorist bit but didn't realise diputado meant MP and just generally dropped a fair amount of marks. Wrote the essay on the director's own style in the mock, when I should've done the one on universal themes in a play. I do La Casa de Bernarda Alba (Lorca) and El Laberinto del Fauno (del Toro).

I'm not sure about sanderismo sorry! I have this feeling I missed out the n and wrote sederismo so hopefully both are near enough :smile:

You didn't known about it until this morning and probably got 100
How smart are you?😂😂
Did people put tuvieron or tuvieran for the first grammar gap fill? also did everyone keep frío the same as it was 'el agua'
Original post by MMMMM22
You didn't known about it until this morning and probably got 100
How smart are you?😂😂

Not at all :lol: I think I dropped ~4/5 on the listening/reading bits, then undoubtedly a few more on the essay, don't think I put very many opinions in it and my points were quite rushed so overall, I think I'll go down. I don't really care though, so it's cool.
Original post by jenduds1234
Did people put tuvieron or tuvieran for the first grammar gap fill? also did everyone keep frío the same as it was 'el agua'

Tuvieran, it was an imperfect subjunctive + conditional phrase. Frío went to fría as agua is actually feminine, it just takes el to avoid the double a in 'la agua'
Not at all :lol: I think I dropped ~4/5 on the listening/reading bits, then undoubtedly a few more on the essay, don't think I put very many opinions in it and my points were quite rushed so overall, I think I'll go down. I don't really care though, so it's cool.

Yeh I calculated. Think I got 66/75 but not sure on senderismo one. Essay is my weak point tho. Hopefully get 26 above so I can get an A
Original post by MMMMM22
Yeh I calculated. Think I got 66/75 but not sure on senderismo one. Essay is my weak point tho. Hopefully get 26 above so I can get an A

I'm sure you will! Hope it goes well on results day :smile:
Tuvieran, it was an imperfect subjunctive + conditional phrase. Frío went to fría as agua is actually feminine, it just takes el to avoid the double a in 'la agua'

Yay I put tuvieran! I fell for the agua one though,that's really hard:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending