The Student Room Group

How did you find the aqa geography A exam today?

I thought it was okay but forgot about rising sea levels, thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hope it was good for most of you guys
Reply 2
I did Maldives for the last question, wbu?
Reply 3
Original post by Townart

Same, what did you put for the social and political consequences?
Reply 4
It was environmental and economic consequences? Did you do coastal processes?
Reply 5
Original post by Townart
It was environmental and economic consequences? Did you do coastal processes?

Yeah and it was for sure social and political
Original post by Townart

I used the Holderness coastline, talked about property value declining and sea defences not being sustainable, therefore causing conflict and debates with the council etc...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Did anyone do the restless earth last question about the alps, and if so would i get any marks for just talking about like how people use the alps
Reply 8
Original post by A_Tesco_Manager
I used the Holderness coastline, talked about property value declining and sea defences not being sustainable, therefore causing conflict and debates with the council etc...

For social i put about loss of businesses and jobs, people lose their homes and cant get it insured, belongings lost etc etc

For political i put how the government could be criticised for not doing more eg. Sea wall
Original post by B3ASTy
For social i put about loss of businesses and jobs, people lose their homes and cant get it insured, belongings lost etc etc

For political i put how the government could be criticised for not doing more eg. Sea wall

Sounds perfect, my only worries with the government was it said specific to those living on the coastal zone, so i only mentioned councils not the government
Original post by Anomali99
Did anyone do the restless earth last question about the alps, and if so would i get any marks for just talking about like how people use the alps

You will definitly get marks, especially if you talked about what figures 2a and 2b showed. Im not sure what they will think about HEP and mining , or tourism, but as long as you've linked to how the people have adapted to the Alps, you should be fine
Reply 11
Sounds perfect, my only worries with the government was it said specific to those living on the coastal zone, so i only mentioned councils not the government

Oh nice! I guess the council is part of a governmental structure...
Reply 12
oh fairs, I did geography B so it's different.
What did u guys put for which wave it was in the figure
Original post by alidas147
What did u guys put for which wave it was in the figure

Definitlely destructive
Original post by B3ASTy
Oh nice! I guess the council is part of a governmental structure...

Definitlely, i always associate the governemnt with London, thats just me. Youll get the marks for sure
Reply 16
I thought I did bad and now people are talking about the answers I thought i did really good lol, better than I thought
I did Water on the land, and for my 8 marker I accidentally put Bam, Iran instead of Bangladesh for the case study! :frown: I think I got all the points right though but does anyone know if this will limit the marks because I'm hoping for an A*.
Definitlely destructive

I put constructive cause it was surging inland but i guess it wall a high wave so probably destructive
Reply 19
What did you guys put for how the vegetation adapts to the climate of tropical rainforests (this is for living world)

Quick Reply

Latest